Melbourne Football

Lydia Williams

Dylan

• 3 weeks later...

Had an article in The Guardian, talked a bit about the support at Melbourne City: 

You don’t need to look much beyond my new club, Melbourne City to see how far we’ve come. City really are the standard bearers at the moment and the benchmark others should aspire to – both on and off the pitch.

I’ve only arrived at the club three weeks ago but immediately I was struck by the level of professionalism here. We all heard what the club was like last year, but being here now I can see it for myself. The facilities are in line with the men’s team – we have our own changeroom, lockers, physio and medical space. We share a gym with the men and we have access to the training fields they have – everything they have access to, we do too.

Even my move here was handled impeccably. My room in the house was ready as soon as I arrived from overseas, all my stuff was already there, team outfits, everything. The transition from one team to another – from one country to another – has been incredibly smooth and the club have made it easy for me to settle in.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/05/the-challenge-for-the-w-league-this-season-is-to-keep-the-hype-alive

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2017 at 0:18 AM, Thrillhouse said:

what the fuck is wrong with her? another disgraceful error today that gifted a goal

Yep, was even worse that the ones against newy. I wonder if they didn't play out from the back all the time and try to find that short pass if it would happen. Maybe she could look for longer balls down the park. Understand it's harder to keep possession that way but might be a better option if they have forwards lurking near the area. At any rate I admire her ability to recover and play well for the rest of the game. 

On 12/20/2017 at 6:24 AM, Shahanga said:

I didn’t see these, but you have to thing something is seriously distracting her. Might need a holiday or something?

on her game she’s close to the best in the world, that heyman goal was U12s stuff.

It was nothing along the lines of the previous errors, more just positioning mistakes. I think you could be right, when she missed a game earlier in the season, it was listed as due to personal reason, so maybe something off field. I agree also her best is pretty much unbeatable, and she has displayed that a couple of times, like the victory game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...