Melbourne Football

Has it finally happened? Is the squad so good that JVS' incompetence is irrelevant?

Tesla

6 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

I am sensing more posts ignoring repeating patterns and clutching at straws that shift the focus of blame everywhere but jvs

No doubt JVS needs to go, however the players were making bad decisions at critical times against a good team, players just can't keep thinking they can take low percentage options for individual glory when there are better high percentage options. Hence my comment.

On 22/10/2016 at 8:15 PM, playmaker said:

No doubt JVS needs to go, however the players were making bad decisions at critical times against a good team, players just can't keep thinking they can take low percentage options for individual glory when there are better high percentage options. Hence my comment.

Amazes me that people will admit that the coach is far from perfect (even that he needs to go) but still look for excuses elsewhere. The fact is that if the coach is shit it has a flow on effect. Players will feel more pressure if they don't have faith in their coach and hence might make mistakes, try and win the game on their own, or whatever. Everything besides the fact JVS should have gone years ago is picking at details that probably would not matter if there was a coach in charge by the name of JVS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Amazes me that people will admit that the coach is far from perfect (even that he needs to go) but still look for excuses elsewhere. The fact is that if the coach is shit it has a flow on effect. Players will feel more pressure if they don't have faith in their coach and hence might make mistakes, try and win the game on their own, or whatever. Everything besides the fact JVS should have gone years ago is picking at details that probably would not matter if there was a coach in charge by the name of JVS.

The coach is shit no doubt and as you said should have gone years ago, but even he cant control bad on field decision making where a player chooses the wrong option. The best indicator of this happening is when the player apologizes to his team mate for the poor decision or when a team mate questions the players decision straight after the error. Saw this happen on a few critical plays where players were waiting for the distribution but the player with the ball decided to do the low percentage play.

At least 3 of these would have lead to open plays at goal. Lets hope it was just rare hero moments, and highlighted and learned from in the post match analysis.

Just now, playmaker said:

but even he cant control bad on field decision making where a player chooses the wrong option. The best indicator of this happening is when the player apologizes to his team mate for the poor decision or when a team mate questions the players decision straight after the error. Saw this happen on a few critical plays where players were waiting for the distribution but the player with the ball decided to do the low percentage play.

My head hurts from having this conversation so many times. If players are consistently chosing the wrong options, or having off/flat games it means they are either not up to the job or they have not been prepped adequately. Either way ot comes back to management. 

Different sqauds. Same issues. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

I wish we could just have JVS as our forward coach or something, he clearly knows how to buy the best forward talent around, and organise how to score goals. He just has no idea how to set up a defence 

Or something......like in charge the sausage stand perhaps..... in fuking Baghdad!!!

• Like 1

JVS is the only person to blame for our defeat. After we scored the second goal and started dominating and looking as if we were going to score again, this clown has the brilliant idea of replacing Cahill and Caceres in the best period of an awful night and who were starting to get into the game. What an idiot. If I constantly fuck up at work, I'll surely loose my job. Not this guy. Screws it up every season and is still employed.

• 2 weeks later...