Melbourne Football

Has it finally happened? Is the squad so good that JVS' incompetence is irrelevant?

Tesla

53 minutes ago, M13 said:

Wasn´t Cahill supposed to start coaching as well..?

46 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Please no.

I recall seeing that we apparently have him for 3 years, 2 as a player and the third moving to a coaching role; I don't recall where I saw it, so it might have just been speculation......

13 hours ago, Tesla said:

All he needed all this time was simply another $3m of salaries on top of the cap and marquees

He sure is good when spending double the salary of the next highest spending team.

Maybe, and I'm certainly not getting on the JvS fan wagon, but IMO we have players now with a different mindset from that of the past. As mentioned somewhere else, we have winners all over the park. Obviously CFGs recruiting and the lure of being part of City Football Group has a lot to do with this, but also IMO the infectious enthusiasm that Bruno has brought to the club is a major factor. I credit that guy with a lot of the change that we have seen on the local front.

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised if our two new assistants have had a big effect as well.

a side note but Adam Peacock on the fox football pod said that he was surprised on how grounded and friendly to one another the squad was and that you usually always see a bit of a hierarchy with the other aleague teams. Could be nothing but you never know

edit: it's obviously the circle change room haha

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

I had posted previously I expected us to go on a good run at the start of the season and then we slow down after a while, I still consider that a distinct possibility. 

Reason being that eventually teams will figure us out and we know JVS isn't quick to change things up.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I had posted previously I expected us to go on a good run at the start of the season and then we slow down after a while, I still consider that a distinct possibility. 

Reason being that eventually teams will figure us out and we know JVS isn't quick to change things up.

true , but there are many leaders in the squad now, that can fire up changes in a match, just look at Kilkenny barking out the orders on the pitch, Bruno's leading from the front.

I think you're right not even JVS can fuck up this season

• Like 1

The Perth game is a big test. Heart of old would be so certain to put in a shocker after that sort of derby performance that you'd bet your house on it. Perth is likely to play a 4-4-2 so it'll be interesting to see what formation and tactics Mr 33% selects. It's a good test of how the team can cope with expectation, always a reliable source of crippling anxiety for the team in seasons past. I also have doubts about our ability to play 90 minutes of such high intensity football.

10 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I also have doubts about our ability to play 90 minutes of such high intensity football.

I agree after seeing a few players clearly finished in the last 10-15 minutes of the derby, time to go back to the easy money tactic from last season of betting on us to be winning at half time.

Edited by Tesla

On 10/17/2016 at 1:40 PM, belaguttman said:

The Perth game is a big test. Heart of old would be so certain to put in a shocker after that sort of derby performance that you'd bet your house on it. Perth is likely to play a 4-4-2 so it'll be interesting to see what formation and tactics Mr 33% selects. It's a good test of how the team can cope with expectation, always a reliable source of crippling anxiety for the team in seasons past. I also have doubts about our ability to play 90 minutes of such high intensity football.

This basically sums up our 6 years of existence. You all just knew tonight would turn out like this