Melbourne Football

Player Of Season 2016/17 LEADERBOARD

neio

• jw1739 pinned this topic

Cheers buddy

Plan is to stop showing votes at about round 16 or 17, gives 10 weeks or so with no votes being shown

And hopefully people take this for what it is,  a bunch of supporters picking their best player each week and not unnecessiraly pumping up their favourite player 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neio said:

Final votes have been counted and added to the season totals.  

Thank you to everyone who voted,  and congratulations to the forum Player Of The Season 

NEIL KILKENNY

Thanks Neio for running the voting this season.

Interesting how Nick Fitzgerald, despite not being favoured as a starting player by Valkanis, came home with a wet sail from Round 20 onwards.

Couple of things i found interesting that showed where our team went downhill 

Brattan had 10 votes after 4 games,  got 1 vote in remaining 24 games 

In last 9 games neither keeper featured in votes

Only 3 times a defender was voted as the MOTM

Fitzgerald got 22 votes in final 10 games,  whilst only starting half of them 

• Like 1

Interesting final count. Deserved by Kilkenny, the most consistent all season without a doubt, however can't help but think Fitzgerald would of walked it home if he was used more prior to the last 10 games of the year. Ridiculous form over the last 3 months... combined with terrible form from the others obviously too. In the last 10 games there was only one where Fitzgerald didn't score a vote despite being a benchy for the majority. 

Unfortunately also shows Forna & Cahill didn't perform as hoped. 

Thanks for the effort neio.

Edited by LB

32 minutes ago, LB said:

Interesting final count. Deserved by Kilkenny, the most consistent all season without a doubt, however can't help but think Fitzgerald would of walked it home if he was used more prior to the last 10 games of the year. Ridiculous form over the last 3 months... combined with terrible form from the others obviously too. In the last 10 games there was only one where Fitzgerald didn't score a vote despite being a benchy for the majority. 

Unfortunately also shows Forna & Cahill didn't perform as hoped. 

Thanks for the effort neio.

Bruno definitely under-performed but I feel like Cahill did as much as we could have realistically expected him too in my opinion.

Shoe-horned into a tactic that didn't suit him or his strike partner he still scored more goals than anyone else did in open play for us and stood up in a couple of big games, something which the majority of the squad failed to do at all.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Embee said:

Bruno definitely under-performed but I feel like Cahill did as much as we could have realistically expected him too in my opinion.

Shoe-horned into a tactic that didn't suit him or his strike partner he still scored more goals than anyone else did in open play for us and stood up in a couple of big games, something which the majority of the squad failed to do at all.

True. 

• jw1739 unpinned this topic