Melbourne Football

W-League 2016-17 squad

jw1739

According to announcements on the club web-site, we have (in alphabetical order):

Tegan Allen
Laura Alleway
Melina Ayres
Lauren Barnes
Steph Catley (C)
Larissa Crummer
Olivia Ellis
Jess Fishlock (Player/Assistant Coach)
Jacinta Galabadaarachchi (Arachchi)
Amy Jackson
Aivi Luik
Rebekah Stott
Marianna Tabain
Erika Tymrak
Tyla-Jay Vlajnic
Lydia Williams
Beverly Yanez

As of 9th December 2016.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

On 08/10/2016 at 3:53 PM, jw1739 said:

According to announcements on the club web-site, we have (in alphabetical order):

Tegan Allen
Melina Ayres
Steph Catley (C)
Larissa Crummer
Olivia Ellis
Jacinta Galabadaarachchi 
Amy Jackson
Rebekah Stott
Marianna Tabain
Tyla-Jay Vlajnic

As of 8th October 2016.

Galabadaarachchi seems to be 14yo

27 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

We've got Fishlock back and also her Seattle Reign teammate Lauren Barnes.

http://thewomensgame.com/2016/10/melbourne-city-sign-seattle-reign-duo-jessica-fishlock-and-lauren-barnes/

Fishlock was huge last season. Great to get her back for another tilt. Any news on De Vanna, Little and Goad?

League starts pretty soon be great it we could get a couple if not all of those again especially Little.

I'm pretty sure that Little had said that last year was intended as a one off, so I'm not expecting her back. I also wasn't expecting Fishlock back as a player this season, I was half expecting that if she was back, it would just be to continue the assistant coach role (any word on if she is continuing in that role, or is she just going to be a player this season?)

9 hours ago, Jovan said:

Fishlock was huge last season. Great to get her back for another tilt. Any news on De Vanna, Little and Goad?

League starts pretty soon be great it we could get a couple if not all of those again especially Little.

Goad won't be back for at least 3-4 years I'd suggest. Currently playing for Stanford (coming off the bench, not getting a lot of game time apparently).

10 hours ago, ecguymer said:

I'm pretty sure that Little had said that last year was intended as a one off, so I'm not expecting her back. I also wasn't expecting Fishlock back as a player this season, I was half expecting that if she was back, it would just be to continue the assistant coach role (any word on if she is continuing in that role, or is she just going to be a player this season?)

Kim Little is, I think, going to take a break from football soon. She's been playing pretty well non-stop for a few years now. IMO Jess Fishlock will join CFG in due course when she hangs up her boots.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Kim Little is, I think, going to take a break from football soon. She's been playing pretty well non-stop for a few years now. IMO Jess Fishlock will join CFG in due course when she hangs up her boots.

Not too soon though. She just signed for Arsenal a week or so ago.

• Like 1

De Vanna has left. I did remember reading somewhere a while ago that she wasnt sure in playing in the Wleague again after the Olympics. So lets hope she doesnt pop up somewhere else in the aleague. 

How many internationals can we sign? So far its Fishlock Stott Bairnes and Tymrack

But very happy we got Luik back. She was immense last season

Edited by Dylan

Looks like we will line up like this

Williams

Stott  Alleway Bairnes Catley

Luik

Tymrack     Fishlock

Tabain        Crummer         No Idea

The real question is... Are we going to concede this season? hahah We have some big losses imo Beatie, Goad, DeVanna and Little. Even though DeVanna is and was great I don't think she played that many games last season?

Edited by Dylan

Official outs and where they've gone:

Ins: Lydia Williams (Houston Dash, USA/Canberra United), Teigen Allen (Sydney FC), Lauren Barnes (Seattle Reign, USA), Erika Tymrak (FC Kansas City, USA), Jacynta Galabadaarachchi

Outs: Jennifer Beattie (Manchester City, England), Kim Little (Arsenal, England), Lisa De Vanna (Orlando Pride, USA), Beattie Goad (Stanford University, USA), Monique Iannella (Texas Longhorns, USA), Alex Chidiac (Adelaide United), Trudy Burke (Canberra United), Anisa Guajardo

Read more at http://www.w-league.com.au/article/melbourne-city-preview/147xuifegjdkr1xovhnv9rearx#jSEtKIbD6llftlHV.99

• jw1739 unpinned this topic