Melbourne Football

Merge ALeague chat with MCFC chat

Hughesie27

The website is easily "quiet" enough to warrant general A League chat including match day threads to be included within the general MCFC chat. After all, the results and the governing body influence MCFC directly. Spreading the discussion across too many separate boards makes the "liveliness" of the board too thin.

The website also isn't very mobile friendly and it takes a few clicks just to view a different board.

On 07/10/2016 at 8:38 PM, Hughesie27 said:

The website is easily "quiet" enough to warrant general A League chat including match day threads to be included within the general MCFC chat. After all, the results and the governing body influence MCFC directly. Spreading the discussion across too many separate boards makes the "liveliness" of the board too thin.

The website also isn't very mobile friendly and it takes a few clicks just to view a different board.

I agree with you in that the amount of sections should be condensed and it's something I've been thinking of. Will look into merging some of them today, I'm not sure about merging the general A-League chat into the Melbourne City section though.

Fwiw, I know a lot of people prefer to go to the New Content section and see everything new since their last visit, but that would only be regular visitors.

Hoenstly I don't think the mobile site is bad, but your feedback is noted and it's something to look at in the future. There is the option of tapatalk but it doesn't seem anyone really uses it and usually an update comes around every so often that breaks support unless it's updated so it's a bit of a hassle if no one is using it.

Edited by Tesla

30 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I agree with you in that the amount of sections should be condensed and it's something I've been thinking of. Will look into merging some of them today, I'm not sure about merging the general A-League chat into the Melbourne City section though.

Fwiw, I know a lot of people prefer to go to the New Content section and see everything new since their last visit, but that would only be regular visitors.

Hoenstly I don't think the mobile site is bad, but your feedback is noted and it's something to look at in the future. There is the option of tapatalk but it doesn't seem anyone really uses it and usually an update comes around every so often that breaks support unless it's updated so it's a bit of a hassle if no one is using it.

Appreciate the feedback Tesla, thanks.

I understand why having the 2 topic areas separate as it is good to see just MCFC news. I never knew about the New Section so I'll have a look at that.