Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

12 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Totally agree on the point that winning is not everything. We are disappointed because:  1. No recognisable city players with personalities 2. Lack of fixed identity other than underperformers 3. Joyce having lost the supporters and 4. No decent marquee 5. Player turnover which begs so many a question and 6. Why city cannot hire a decent manager who understand the league.

Good ep.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Totally agree on the point that winning is not everything. We are disappointed because:  1. No recognisable city players with personalities 2. Lack of fixed identity other than underperformers 3. Joyce having lost the supporters and 4. No decent marquee 5. Player turnover which begs so many a question and 6. Why city cannot hire a decent manager who understand the league.

Good ep.

I admire you're ability to turn our mad ramblings into such a succinct summary 

20 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I admire you're ability to turn our mad ramblings into such a succinct summary 

Philosophy Major and Primary School Teacher. Some would say I was born to summarise mad ramblings.

To be honest.. and this is important - this podcast and forum is the only thing that really bind me to the club anymore. I feel close with the fans and our collective cynicism. Its sad because City used to occupy so much of my thought and time in such a positive way. Happy to chuck on the pod and know others are feeling the same way. 

Edited by JMSTEP123
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Philosophy Major and Primary School Teacher. Some would say I was borne so summarise mad ramblings.

To be honest.. and this is important - this podcast and forum is the only thing that really bind me to the club anymore. I feel close with the fans and our collective cynicism. Its sad because City used to occupy so much of my thought and time in such a positive way. Happy to chuck on the pod and know others are feeling the same way. 

You wouldn't believe how hard its been to drag myself to some recordings this year, glad we can make it worth it for some people! 

We cop it a bit for being too negative but when the going is good we can be positive, right now the going is far from good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

You wouldn't believe how hard its been to drag myself to some recordings this year, glad we can make it worth it for some people! 

We cop it a bit for being too negative but when the going is good we can be positive, right now the going is far from good. 

Haven't listened yet. Will save it for the morning cruise. 

But if you guys sugar coated things and put across as ultra positive spin every ep I probably wouldn't listen. Alternatively you can't really go full hog with the bagging either otherwise it would come across as trashy. I feel the balance is pretty much there.

May it continue. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Never have I ever thought you have not been objective. The truth is important; ugly truths even moreso. The club deserves its criticism and passionate fans like you guys are hopefully having am influence on the future success we may get.

7 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

As long as you don't start entering Arsenal TV territory I'm fairly happy with it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, haz said:

Would love if you guys kept posting links on here when a new pod comes out

Agree. Would be helpful for someone like me who isn't familiar with "non-mainstream" stuff. I can also post the link to other parties who might get interested.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haz said:

Would love if you guys kept posting links on here when a new pod comes out

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Agree. Would be helpful for someone like me who isn't familiar with "non-mainstream" stuff. I can also post the link to other parties who might get interested.

Apologies lads, unfortunately most of us are rarely on the forum these days so we forget to post them up here. Will try to do it more often!

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=361164

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Thanks guys. Another good listen. Although a poor year to discuss was always worth the time.

Look forward to listening to future pods.

Always worth the time to discuss a poor season - deserves perhaps more time.

You have CFG a season rating which were all informed and well argued.

Now time for the season podcast review.

Content: general nonsense, increasing expletives and refreshing to hear consistent attemps to bring the convo back on track. I give it 10/10

Guests: all in all very poor. None of the greats. Would have loved to hear from Messi or Ronaldo. Even someone more low key - perhaps De Bruyne with his connections to City. Unfortunately I only remember stars of the season from the Melbourne City team and this was in itself concerning as no one listening really wanted to hear anything from them. An underwhelming season at best. Perhaps most concerning was Troy's constant excuses for not watching the game (yet incredible sense of picking up on the vibes and giving on point analysis of key performances and future development). I give it 10/10.

Podular Media Plugs: Podular Media/Podular Media

Well done lads. 

• Like 1

Great work guys. Gave some humour to the depths of despair that was this season. Was a good summary of the reign of terror too. Set us back 5 years.

Onside: Troy. One of the great fun men of the pod world.

Offside: Gus. Been on holidays all year and strolls back in trying to pretend that he’s still relevant.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 03/07/2019 at 3:00 PM, haz said:

On 03/07/2019 at 9:21 PM, Afif Adam said:

God damn announce it at least 

Sorry about that guys, been a hectic week in TC world. This was quite a last minute episode and went up a couple days after it was recorded so we werent sure exactly when it was going to go up hence the lack of posting.

In other news, we now have a website and will be putting out new articles. Podcasts are also available on this website https://www.talkingcity.online/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, eric forman said:

Hey guys!

Exciting news for us! We will be providing a live audio broadcast of the friendly against Oakleigh, it will be on a facebook live stream.

Do we need a Facebook account to listen?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...