Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

Love the show, keep it up!

A shame we talk 5 minutes about Brattan and Kilkenny not being able to play together in quick transition - the 2 best footballing central midfielders we have!!

We keep avoiding the real issue  - quick transition football requires starting a skilled number 10.

Brattan sometimes avoids to play in our attacking midfielder (Goes side ways) because A - he is not in position and B - the ground skills aren't there to control, turn and setup play.

Edited by Mr MO

I'd like the usual where is your fav place in Melb. Suburb. Bar, etc.

id also like the know if the men's and women's team interact a lot at CFA or do they time the training sessions to avoid that

oh and get Barnsey to give us a few lines of khe sahn  

Edited by Dylan

Q: How does the Fishlock Kisnorbo situation work. That is how are messages/instructions given during gametime. 

Q: Why did we have 1 less on the bench in the Semi. 

Q: What was the reaction/feeling in the change rooms to De Vanna after her cheapshot on Fishlock. 

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I know the answer to this already. There was two goal keeping coaches at the club and they were only keeping on one, he was offered it and chose to peruse a career in the media.

Are you being fair dinkum there or just having us on? And if you're dinkum, is the club cutting back on staff?

35 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I don't really listen to podcasts, so I've actually never sat down and listened to an episode before, but I just finished today's episode and I must say I'm very impressed. Great work guys! Also please tell us what Berisha said to Jacobsen?

Called him a danish pastry 

1 minute ago, Embee said:

https://audioboom.com/posts/5579384-what-sound-does-gus-make-w-league-grand-final-special

And here's the second episode!

Featuring Lauren Barnes of the City W-League side and Brittany Carter from ABC Grandstand. A little more buoyant than the Derby edition, enjoy!

I beat you to it (likes incoming my way since im gunna hide your post) MODPOWERS

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Trust me after 3 hours in the studio with him yesterday I have no reservations dogging him in anyway possible

Did I trigger you, snowflake?

3 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

His one had twice the !'s as yours, poor form

He's a like-whore and saw an opportunity to ensure he could get a few from that post. It's why he started the Squires topic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

All right boys, tell us more about these injury replacements coming in?

As a valued member of this forum it's your duty to share this information!

Pretty sure the "former Victory and Gold Coast player" is Michael Thwaite - whose name has come up throughout the forum recently.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Pretty sure the "former Victory and Gold Coast player" is Michael Thwaite - whose name has come up throughout the forum recently.

Yeah all right not a bad player to get on board, but more like a replacement for Chapman than injury replacement, I guess we need the money from the ACL knee boys to get him onboard.

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

So I gather.  The plot thickens...

I think its simply a short term "leader" type defender signing. Same thing happened in the 14/15 season when we signed Kew Jaliens and last season when we signed Wilkinson, both turned out pretty well I thought (In the short term).

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

So either Jakobsen is seriously crocked, or this isn't an injury replacement but a short term signing?

We can replace Chapman with anyone, provided under the cap. We can sign an injury replacement for Jakobsen (if required) paid no more than Chapman. What we can't do is replace an injured winger with a centre-back, nor can we use wages we're not paying Corey and Kuzi to make additional payments to a centre-back.

That's what I meant.

1 minute ago, haz said:

I think its simply a short term "leader" type defender signing. Same thing happened in the 14/15 season when we signed Kew Jaliens and last season when we signed Wilkinson, both turned out pretty well I thought (In the short term).

Both were very good. If Jaliens had not been a visa player we should have kept him. His anticipation was superb.

So is the signing of Thwaite confirmed or just speculation?

23 minutes ago, haz said:

Agreed, if this is the 16/17 Wilkinson then could be excellent.   We're definitely light on central defenders.  And if Jakobsen is fit for Saturday I'm almost optimistic...