Jump to content
Melbourne Football
Embee

Talking City Fan Channel

Recommended Posts

hakz7    1,408
15 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

The Perth game where the game was boring as fuck until gol gol scored a goal to win us the game was pretty good too

In 40 degrees in front of 4,000 people. Was brilliant haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n i k o    4,817
1 hour ago, hakz7 said:

In 40 degrees in front of 4,000 people. Was brilliant haha

Second best part of that game was the flare debate on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,482

Just finished listening.

Pros

- Amazing title

- Great Listen. Well produced without being stuffy and trying to be too serious

- LOVED the dig at RBB

- The audio cuts were fantastic

- Ending with the Simpsons softball song made me smile

Cons

- No mention of the iconic Gull

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,482

Got the day off today and have a heap of tedious shit to do on my computer so having a listen while I do my thing. Fantastic work guys. It so good to have quality fan made content like this 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeffplz    795

Love the podcast boys. Just as feedback, Will's mic always seems to be quieter than the others. Otherwise it's all good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,323
3 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Love the podcast boys. Just as feedback, Will's mic always seems to be quieter than the others. Otherwise it's all good.

Cheers dude!

FYI @eric forman, get your shit together mate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,482

Just heard my shout out, cheers fellas ;)- The Matt Thompson goal where it bounced over Matt Ryans head (i think) you were referring to  was the "singing in the rain" match against CCM where Thompson scored from half way. There is footage of it on youtube somewhere but I cant find it right now.

Edit- This is the only footage I could find. Warning-watch on mute and skip to 6:56

 

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japiedog    766
2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Just heard my shout out, cheers fellas ;)- The Matt Thompson goal where it bounced over Matt Ryans head (i think) you were referring to  was the "singing in the rain" match against CCM where Thompson scored from half way. There is footage of it on youtube somewhere but I cant find it right now.

Edit- This is the only footage I could find. Warning-watch on mute and skip to 6:56

 

I'd forgotten how many goals we scored....

problem is we conceded more ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,482
20 minutes ago, japiedog said:

I'd forgotten how many goals we scored....

problem is we conceded more ......

How times change... Oh wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eric forman    45
9 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Love the podcast boys. Just as feedback, Will's mic always seems to be quieter than the others. Otherwise it's all good.

 

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Awesome podcast guys. Was going to suggest the same thing about the sound level of the mic. 

He actually sat further away from the mic and that as what it was. Mic levels were the same for everyone.... Fuck you @Embee

 

 

Edit.. Not defensive about my lack of ability to produce at all.

Edited by eric forman
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japiedog    766
10 hours ago, eric forman said:

 

He actually sat further away from the mic and that as what it was. Mic levels were the same for everyone.... Fuck you @Embee

 

 

Edit.. Not defensive about my lack of ability to produce at all.

always tough recording "prima donnas "  they never listen to the producer of a session

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    2,963
24 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Wasn't liking the Anti Maltese feel to the podcast.

Where do i make my formal complaint lmfao

 

 

Pm @Miffy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eric forman    45
4 hours ago, japiedog said:

always tough recording "prima donnas "  they never listen to the producer of a session

 

It was flog city! The rider that @Embee demands just to appear is crazy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,323

Another episode guys.

I just know that @KSK_47 will enjoy this one haha

http://bit.ly/2dICAKU

On 12/14/2016 at 0:06 PM, strider said:

Still waiting on a strider feature

Maybe for the grand final special

We're saving a Strider feature for the video interviews outside the ground

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,482
5 minutes ago, Embee said:

Another episode guys.

I just know that @KSK_47 will enjoy this one haha

http://bit.ly/2dICAKU

We're saving a Strider feature for the video interviews outside the ground

In the process of moving house so have not had a chance to listen for a while because i have been crazy busy. But sounds like i def need to set aside some time tonight hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeffplz    795

Love the fact that the "oooooooooohhhh"'s and "awwwwwww"s have disappeared once any form of JVS criticism or swearing appears

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n i k o    4,817

Interesting the tak about our passion and energy etc during the derby. I'll throw a theory out there, there's been so much conjecture about our physicality, 'diving' etc and overall it's thrown our teams mentality off. Players can say that these things don't affect them but once an idea has been planted in their heads they then aren't acting instinctually. It has completely thrown them off. Basically through the complete beat up from coaches, media and aleague fans we've lost our edge. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jovan    2,963
1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Interesting the tak about our passion and energy etc during the derby. I'll throw out a theory, there's been so much conjecture about our physicality, 'diving' etc and overall it's thrown our teams mentality off. Players can say that these things don't affect them but once an idea has been planted in their heads they then aren't acting instinctually. It can completely throw them off. Basically through the complete beat up from coaches, media and aleague fans we've lost our edge. 

Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dylan    4,126
10 hours ago, n i k o said:

Interesting the tak about our passion and energy etc during the derby. I'll throw a theory out there, there's been so much conjecture about our physicality, 'diving' etc and overall it's thrown our teams mentality off. Players can say that these things don't affect them but once an idea has been planted in their heads they then aren't acting instinctually. It has completely thrown them off. Basically through the complete beat up from coaches, media and aleague fans we've lost our edge. 

Id agree with that too and also the fact that we have played huge games for the last 4 weeks. Sydney (final), Brisbane, Sydney, Victory. That is a crazy schedule in a league that is artificially equalized. It would have been hugely mentally and physically draining and Victory got us at the right moment. I know its stupid being rational on here. But I said on here on the night, that felt and was a heart/victory derby on Saturday  and we wernt the heart team. Hence why I am nonplussed about the result.  Players have had a few days off since the derby, think that will help a lot. 

I still dont think we will win anything else (firm believer in the FFA cup curse) this year but I can see us still winning the championship because we are a knock out tournament team it seems, Matty Windley has pushed that line and I completely agree with him. 

So if we do end up winning the championship, then Meatloaf would be happy with that and so should we. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,482
11 hours ago, n i k o said:

I'll throw a theory out there, there's been so much conjecture about our physicality, 'diving' etc and overall it's thrown our teams mentality off. Players can say that these things don't affect them but once an idea has been planted in their heads they then aren't acting instinctually. It has completely thrown them off. 

If the players are bring mentally thrown out dor being called out for being too pysical then it's a management problem again because we have chosen the wrong people for the job. If we are going to play a physical game then we need those type of players. Hard arse players are not effected in the slightest by being called out. They generally love it. 

And if our players have mentally been thrown out for being told not to dive (cheat) then i dont even want to begin to start dissecting the problems with that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n i k o    4,817
3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

If the players are bring mentally thrown out dor being called out for being too pysical then it's a management problem again because we have chosen the wrong people for the job. If we are going to play a physical game then we need those type of players. Hard arse players are not effected in the slightest by being called out. They generally love it. 

And if our players have mentally been thrown out for being told not to dive (cheat) then i dont even want to begin to start dissecting the problems with that 

I think your dismissing how easily the mentality of an athlete can be change.  Especially if they're getting directive from every source around them, coaching staff, media, Aleague supporters in general and their own fans at times. What was once working well now has to be changed. Anyway I can't go into it now but the mentality players is a funny thing and I know when a player loses that edge they had it can affect the rest of the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,482
30 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I think your dismissing how easily the mentality of an athlete can be change.  Especially if they're getting directive from every source around them, coaching staff, media, Aleague supporters in general and their own fans at times. What was once working well now has to be changed. Anyway I can't go into it now but the mentality players is a funny thing and I know when a player loses that edge they had it can affect the rest of the team. 

I understand what you mean by players mentality being effected. I was pointing out that it highlights the importance of having a clear objective with what you want to achieve before the season begins and choosing players to carry out that objective. Physical teams are nothing new and if we want to go down that path then we can expect some backslash. And therefore we need players and staff that can handle that backlash. 

If our plan is to be  arrogant and aggressive but we back off as soon as there is a bit of heat, then management have obviously have chosen the wrong path. 

Edited by KSK_47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,323
On 1/2/2017 at 0:06 PM, n i k o said:

Bump. Everyone looking forward to this. 

8qcaOVW.jpg

*tears up JVS rant dot points*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackout    202

When is this week's episode coming? I have a very slow week at work and there's only so many times I can pretend to file the same documents...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×