Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

46 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Actually I thought it was Bort. After the corner Bort should have returned back to his central duties, instead he went to press the ball player. Off the quick counter I felt this left us exposed at the back. Of course someone should have covered for him, that person being Fitzy I felt. Watch the video you'll see he is the closest player to George when he makes his run. He loses him and leaves George to make a free run into the box.

Fitzy was definitely closest but is it really his job to cover when we're playing 5 at the back? Id ask more of muscat

6 hours ago, Hazzaverx said:

Fitzy was definitely closest but is it really his job to cover when we're playing 5 at the back? Id ask more of muscat

Yeh upon looking at it closer I'd take that back as by the time George had made his run it was perhaps too late for Fitzy to get back. In fact looking at it closer its actually La Rocca who doesn't track back fast enough to cover Beeisha. Berisha made his run and got beyond La Rocca. Because of this Muscat had to make a decision, which was the right one to track back and cover Berisha from running into an empty penalty box, in turn leaving George. 

On 24/10/2017 at 9:10 PM, jeffplz said:

Er.sun Gü.lüm (ü is pronounced like “who”)

you A N G L O S

The one I can’t stand the most is when commentators (or random fans) call Emre Can - “Chan”. They’ve already got down that the ‘c’ is different so why can’t they just get it right and pronounce it “Jan”.

1 hour ago, hakz7 said:

The one I can’t stand the most is when commentators (or random fans) call Emre Can - “Chan”. They’ve already got down that the ‘c’ is different so why can’t they just get it right and pronounce it “Jan”.

LOl exactly, they just assume its a foreign name and pronounce it in whatever sounds exotic 

1 hour ago, hakz7 said:

Thanks for that. I kept thinking why do they call old mate "Can" , "Chan" ( tru blue Anglo). 

so that's as in "not happy Jan", not the Dutch Jan ( "Yarn")?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Re the discussion with Matt Windley about City attendances, did anyone clock the attendance last night for the Cup Final? Thirteen and a half thousand, yet we got nearly nineteen last year.  Clearly Sydney fans not all that bothered...

Weren't Sydney FC up in arms about the decision to host the last year's game at AAMI? Something about them drawing a bigger crowd?