Jump to content
Melbourne Football
Embee

Talking City Fan Channel

Recommended Posts

japiedog    852

thanks again to you all

but can you do something about the music that takes you to a break !

 

I've got a funky track that I recorded a while back that you can use if you want

 

Edited by japiedog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

If players and club officials listen to this podcast can you guys please rip into JVS? Make it clear we want him gooooooooone

I did call him a big orange Dutch liability this week. I guess he was the biggest orange threat out there last night 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,557
6 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I did call him a big orange Dutch liability this week. I guess he was the biggest orange threat out there last night 

Out of likes but "like"

But he needs to be completely roasted and it seems like nobody in the mainstream media are willing to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,557

Listening to the #JVSThings episode currently. Just came back from the first break and have a huge smile on my face hoping someone from CFG is listening to this. Thanks fellas. You're the best ;)

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eric forman    48
1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

Listening to the #JVSThings episode currently. Just came back from the first break and have a huge smile on my face hoping someone from CFG is listening to this. Thanks fellas. You're the best ;)

Cheers mate! Hope you enjoy the rest of the show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jeffplz    877
22 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The umms and ahhs are reducing which is good, good getting the guest on. Negatives brushed over the w league too quick

agree totally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,418

Newest Episode went up last night, got a feeling @KSK_47 will enjoy this one more than the last

https://audioboom.com/posts/5317601-talking-city-episode-8-silverware-or-bust

If you guys want to contribute to the Greatest/Most Gutting Heart/City moments discussion in this thread we'll read out a few on next week's show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embee    2,418
3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Bring on the JVS onslaught

Oh there's plenty of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,557
2 hours ago, Embee said:

Newest Episode went up last night, got a feeling @KSK_47 will enjoy this one more than the last

https://audioboom.com/posts/5317601-talking-city-episode-8-silverware-or-bust

If you guys want to contribute to the Greatest/Most Gutting Heart/City moments discussion in this thread we'll read out a few on next week's show.

I haven't had a chance to listen yet but very much looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,557

"This squad is so good we need a handicap"

giphy.gif

"But he is a good bloke"

4d8.gif

4 hours ago, Embee said:

 

If you guys want to contribute to the Greatest/Most Gutting Heart/City moments discussion in this thread we'll read out a few on next week's show.

Here are some to get you started

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,557

On the flip side.

Best moment was (for me) easily Matty "2 goals in 2 minutes" Thompson

Runners up

- 8/10/10

-Singing in the rain vs CCM

- Yarraside going absolutely nuts using free newspapers as confetti (26/2/12 vs CCM)

- The first proper "We are Melbourne " chant (17/2/12 vs Gold Coast)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,467
1 minute ago, KSK_47 said:

On the flip side.

Best moment was (for me) easily Matty "2 goals in 2 minutes" Thompson

Runners up

- 8/10/10

-Singing in the rain vs CCM

- Yarraside going absolutely nuts using free newspapers as confetti (26/2/12 vs CCM)

- The first proper "We are Melbourne " chant (17/2/12 vs Gold Coast)

I'm not sure i've ever had more fun than when we came from behind to beat Sydney in Season 4. Willo scored the winner after beating Garcia.

Adelaide away (2-2) and Welly away (5-0), also in season 4 definitely rate up there too.

Funny how our worst ever season has my best memories.

 

City era the 1-0 derby win was special and the 1-0 over Adelaide away last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,557
5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'm not sure i've ever had more fun than when we came from behind to beat Sydney in Season 4. Willo scored the winner after beating Garcia.

Adelaide away (2-2) and Welly away (5-0), also in season 4 definitely rate up there too.

Funny how our worst ever season has my best memories.

 

City era the 1-0 derby win was special and the 1-0 over Adelaide away last year. 

Out of likes but def agree with all of these.

Also, just remembered

-Aziz's wonder goal when we beat Newcastle 3-0

-Terra's Bicycle vs Perth

- Luca$h Niel having a sook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,467

Not sure if you were on that Adelaide away trip, there was a lot from memory. It was the day after it was announced City were buying us and the mood was unbelievable. We'd just won our first game of the season the week before and hadnt won on the road in over two years. We came from behind to go 2-1 in front. Think we conceded in stoppage time but I can remember absolutely noone giving a fuck haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,557
12 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Not sure if you were on that Adelaide away trip, there was a lot from memory. It was the day after it was announced City were buying us and the mood was unbelievable. We'd just won our first game of the season the week before and hadnt won on the road in over two years. We came from behind to go 2-1 in front. Think we conceded in stoppage time but I can remember absolutely noone giving a fuck haha

I wasnt there but I know the one you mean now. I thought you were talking about the game in Adelaide where Aloisi scored in extra time in our first season. I thought it was a draw but I just looked it up but it was an extra time winner 1-2

*this game

 

Edited by KSK_47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LIBBA]    678
21 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I wasnt there but I know the one you mean now. I thought you were talking about the game in Adelaide where Aloisi scored in extra time in our first season. I thought it was a draw but I just looked it up but it was an extra time winner 1-2

*this game

 

that 1-2 win in our first season was awesome.

 

Went straight to Adelaide Casino after that and celebrated till the early hrs of the morning.

 

Good times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KSK_47    5,557
7 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

that 1-2 win in our first season was awesome.

 

Went straight to Adelaide Casino after that and celebrated till the early hrs of the morning.

 

Good times

Have we had any other come from behind extra time winners other than that? I dont recall any

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LIBBA]    678
Just now, KSK_47 said:

Have we had any other come from behind extra time winners other than that? I dont recall any

Was that 3-2 win against Sydney when Willo scored the winner in extra time?

That was actually equal all time best memory with the that Adelaide game and the Paartalu Derby winner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n i k o    5,016
6 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Was that 3-2 win against Sydney when Willo scored the winner in extra time?

That was actually equal all time best memory with the that Adelaide game and the Paartalu Derby winner

2-1. Engelaar red card. Garcia fuck up. Best moment. 

Edited by n i k o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
malloy    3,213
3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Not sure if you were on that Adelaide away trip, there was a lot from memory. It was the day after it was announced City were buying us and the mood was unbelievable. We'd just won our first game of the season the week before and hadnt won on the road in over two years. We came from behind to go 2-1 in front. Think we conceded in stoppage time but I can remember absolutely noone giving a fuck haha

We definitely drew. cos I was livid because, among other things, I was missing our first away win in 50 years (maybe slight exagerration)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,467
17 minutes ago, malloy said:

We definitely drew. cos I was livid because, among other things, I was missing our first away win in 50 years (maybe slight exagerration)

That'll learn you for getting in barney rubbles before the game :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LIBBA]    678
13 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

The Perth game where the game was boring as fuck until gol gol scored a goal to win us the game was pretty good too

Thats the first game i took my wife to. Perfect game to get someone hooked with a late winner.

Only thing she didn't like is that we weren't sitting in the active lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×