Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

16 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

This might put a few noses out of joint and i appreciate the fact that its a volunteer type thing but for a derby week the podcast was somewhat underwhelming. I would never have the kahunas to jump on myself but love listening to City people talk City, and have heard some great podcasts before. 

There are just too many unknowns going into this game, especially since neither side has played competitively for over a month. It was a hard one to put together enough content.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Wasnt expecting beaker on, i didnt mind it. Good get with all the guests i thought, although i dont agree on Cheryl's thoughts on the double headers as i think its a great way to expose the womens game. 

Can we get captain fantastic on next time, love the cut of Jamos jib.

Yeah Cheryl slaughtered the idea of double headers and TBH it’s the only way I’d see a woman’s game live as I’m not making the 4 hrs round trip for one game ! 

18 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Yeah Cheryl slaughtered the idea of double headers and TBH it’s the only way I’d see a woman’s game live as I’m not making the 4 hrs round trip for one game ! 

I haven't listened to the comments by Cheryl as of yet...But the one issue I do have with the double headers is the time of the game for the women. It should start at 6pm and men at 8pm

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Wasnt expecting beaker on, i didnt mind it. Good get with all the guests i thought, although i dont agree on Cheryl's thoughts on the double headers as i think its a great way to expose the womens game. 

I don't think any of us in studio agreed with Cheryl but it makes for good listening to get someone who clearly lives and breathes the womens game to present a different opinion. 

Unfortunately I dont see myself driving out to epping from my side of town to watch the womens, so for me the double headers are all I can see. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Hazzaverx said:

I don't think any of us in studio agreed with Cheryl but it makes for good listening to get someone who clearly lives and breathes the womens game to present a different opinion. 

Unfortunately I dont see myself driving out to epping from my side of town to watch the womens, so for me the double headers are all I can see. 

100% agree.

I would even like to see a triple header with the youth, mens and women playing one after the other. This obviously might have an impact on the ground conditions but it would be a great way to celebrate the club, players and supporters as a one off. 

Would also like to see a double header with the youth and mens teams. Everyone talks up the youngsters we have but never get to see them. 

One day

• Like 1

On 25/10/2018 at 5:27 PM, HeartOfCity said:

Women's football needs to stand on its own two feet, not trail along on the coattails of the men's game.

Personally I hate double headers. No way either my wife or I will sit though 4+ hours of football. Used to watch the Heart youth team regularly when they played at John Cain Reserve - a ground just about tolerable to get to by car from my place. To me if you want to get spectators to women's football or youth football you need to have matches played at a sensible time and on a regular schedule and at a ground easily accessible by public transport.

Anyway, the W-League is a joke in its present format. A bunch of mercenary players parachuted in from other clubs/leagues around the world for a few weeks each year.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Women's football needs to stand on its own two feet, not trail along on the coattails of the men's game.

Personally I hate double headers. No way either my wife or I will sit though 4+ hours of football. Used to watch the Heart youth team regularly when they played at John Cain Reserve - a ground just about tolerable to get to by car from my place. To me if you want to get spectators to women's football or youth football you need to have matches played at a sensible time and on a regular schedule and at a ground easily accessible by public transport.

Anyway, the W-League is a joke in its present format. A bunch of mercenary players parachuted in from other clubs/leagues around the world for a few weeks each year.

"Mercernary" players who just happen to be some of the best in the world... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Kind of hard to be a mercenary when you're making chips in the first place. Girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to make coin.  

• Like 1

On 07/11/2018 at 9:23 PM, jw1739 said:

Slightly harsh Jw. Man once you get on a role of negativity you're hard to stop haha. Anyway, sure it's not the best league but it's improved drastically since CFG came in so that's a positive. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1