Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

11 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Based on your post history I think you are missing an in joke, see Germano, J.

Ah probably, sorry about that.. I see he was a player with JVS, 56 apps in 4 seasons means he was missing quite a few matches I suppose? Been only following Melbourne for a year now, so forgive me my ignorance :) 

1 hour ago, Sec said:

Ah probably, sorry about that.. I see he was a player with JVS, 56 apps in 4 seasons means he was missing quite a few matches I suppose? Been only following Melbourne for a year now, so forgive me my ignorance :) 

That'd be correct. This is forum folklore. He spent much of his time recovering from injury, however he was a bit of a cult hero if you'd call him that (Santa hat celebration). Anyway, during his time being injured the club would update the time players would take recovering and being available for selection. Germanos estimated return time was rarely if ever accurate and would extend beyond the predicted recovery period. Hence why you will find people on here refer to the time any of our current players are out injured as being "out for a Germano." As to what measurement of time 'A Germano' represents is unknown and there is much conjecture over it ranging from two all the way to six weeks with injury. I'm pretty sure if you dig deep enough you could even find people trying to find formulas to decipher how long it actually was. I'd say the fact that the club at the time could never predict how long he'd actually be injured for is the reasoning behind the conjecture. 

Anwyay there you have it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, n i k o said:

" As to what measurement of time 'A Germano' represents is unknown and there is much conjecture over it ranging from two all the way to six weeks with injury. I'm pretty sure if you dig deep enough you could even find people trying to find formulas to decipher how long it actually was.

The Germano unit of measurement is very complex, often represented in numerical form as '3' weeks although a Germano has an infinite unknown length. Thus 1/2*Germano=1Germano=n*Germano. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

Is it just me or did Bart give the impression he won’t be around next season. 

Who knows, his English wasn't great. He's like me when I try speak German, I'm slow and use random words to fill in the ones I don't know

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

His loan period end this year so he'll be going back to jvs' team unless we extend it. 

You are probably tqking the piss, but he signed for two years and is not on loan. IIRC JVS released him due to not being part of his plans.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-signs-dutch-defender-bart-schenkeveld

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/04/2018 at 10:04 PM, Sec said:

Being ignorant is must around here. You'll fit right in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Nah we're taking a week off before the big season finale next week. Pretty difficult to sum up our season properly until we know the result on Saturday night and whether we'll be in the Champions League. 

Soft.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Sad it’s the final, hope the podcast won’t be disappearing for the whole 6 months or so 

We'll be doing some sporadic episodes here and there when we have some signings and stuff to talk about so we wont be gone the whole six months!

25 minutes ago, haz said:

Cheers guys, I try my best. Plus I don't have a life.  I'll join the pod for an episode next season when I'm in Melbourne full time.

- Steve

1240573.jpg.751a0becf055416d8431e83495f1a155.jpg

461910.jpg?b64lines=SEVZLCBUSEVSRVNBLCBT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1