Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC that was indeed the case. I suppose that begs the question why, if we had AC already signed (which we did) why were we chasing alternatives? we ended up with only Carrusca, and he lasted 5 minutes with Joyce.

I think there's a bit of revisionism taking place in this thread.

Caceres was indeed an improved player in the second half of last season but we were chasing alternatives because the #10 role was still a weakness in our squad that we needed to fill. Personally, I felt Caceres did enough to be considered a back-up to a starting #10 who was also capable of putting in a little work on the wings, when Mauk and Troisi/Budders/Palic were rumoured to be coming I assumed Mauk would be filling that role instead.

With hindsight I'd definitely prefer Caceres to Budzinski but I don't think the majority of fans would've been comfortable with us not attempting to improve our stocks in the #10 spot.

• Like 1

I think a few are forgetting exactly what influence Caceras had. He was a decent A League level player but very inconsistent and in his quiet games he was very quiet. 

But like a few others have said he is probably better than our current options of Mauk and Budzinski. Carusca could have been the answer, although he has broken down recently. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, haz said:

Im still waiting on my invite

Come back to Australia and it will happen

24 minutes ago, Forever City said:

@Embee @thisphantomfortress great episode and interview. Just want to know what happened to the post match interviews.

We've had some issues with equipment to record them with unfortunately. Hoping to bring them back next season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

No, I'm Angus. Now this conversation has become ridiculous. I don't have time for this, I need to pop into the Gucci store on my way to the gym and I can't really concentrate on typing while I'm listening to mumble rap.

Hey Angus could you help me score some ‘roids?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Great interview with Bart. Whoever told him that our medical set up was good told the greatest lie in our clubs history

Haha, from what I've heard he's genuinely very happy about the medical staff/set-up, at this old club they only had 1-2 physio's for the entire team.. Here they get however many are needed after match-day for example. Also not having to play on astro-turf helps a lot for an injury prone player, what are your views on the medical staff then?

3 minutes ago, Sec said:

Haha, from what I've heard he's genuinely very happy about the medical staff/set-up, at this old club they only had 1-2 physio's for the entire team.. Here they get however many are needed after match-day for example. Also not having to play on astro-turf helps a lot for an injury prone player, what are your views on the medical staff then?

Based on your post history I think you are missing an in joke, see Germano, J.