Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Since it is split round we will be doing a Heart best 11 and city best 11 over the next two weeks. 

We're giving fans a chance to contribute on the fb page, going through an area of the field a day. If you feel like chiming in jump on our fb :up:

Dont have FB, you got Bebo?

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Haha tbf I actually had a work commitment tonight and have known for a week he was coming on. But the guys did the pod proud from what I've heard so far (about halfway in) 

Yeh I figured you would have known already haha. Half way through and would have to say one of if not the best podcast so far. (Ps. Didn't like the stuff protecting JA, I need my hate :up:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

Great get guys.

Wazza is next. Maybe try and get him post season. That would be fascinating listening. 

Really good pod and some decent questions and candid responses.

Made my day.

Id love to hear Waz, I bet hes a sort of radio person.... an 'Internet Podcast' might be a bit alien to him though.

21 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Just tell him it's for Radio 4.

Seriously good pod, Scott Munn came over very well and had some great stories. Passion for the club was evident.

I always thought Munn was a bit of a dweeb, but he sounds like a good bloke to work with.

I can tell hes still got his childhood action figures at home on a shelf.

1 hour ago, haz said:

I always thought Munn was a bit of a dweeb, but he sounds like a good bloke to work with.

I can tell hes still got his childhood action figures at home on a shelf.

Ive heard from numerous staff and people over the journey at City and Heart that he's about as good a boss as you could wish for. Really takes pride in his people and goes in to bat for them whenever required.

Zero doubt whatsoever in my mind that hes the right man for the job.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Ive heard from numerous staff and people over the journey at City and Heart that he's about as good a boss as you could wish for. Really takes pride in his people and goes in to bat for them whenever required.

Zero doubt whatsoever in my mind that hes the right man for the job.

He gained my respect after those twitter posts a few years ago

Edited by haz

16 hours ago, Jovan said:

Great get guys.

Wazza is next. Maybe try and get him post season. That would be fascinating listening. 

Really good pod and some decent questions and candid responses.

Made my day.

And every time Wazza refers to himself using the royal plural or the third person everyone in the studio has to skoll 

Oh excellent work though. Essential listening 

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Oh half a mark (out of 10) deducted for leaving Madaschi out of your Heart XI and Kim Little 💜 our of your combined side.

shame shame shame.

ps given that the chicks have won 3 in a row and the blokes a cup only really the side should be about 9 chicks, but anyway.

I considered putting Madaschi forward but felt he hadn't played enough games.

Little is definitely a huge omission I agree, was trying to pick a 'functional' midfield of sorts though and thought that it'd be a bit lopsided if we put Kim in too.

2 hours ago, Embee said:

I considered putting Madaschi forward but felt he hadn't played enough games.

Little is definitely a huge omission I agree, was trying to pick a 'functional' midfield of sorts though and thought that it'd be a bit lopsided if we put Kim in too.

The massive player turnover at this club means that many of the more memorable players played very few games. Madaschi Wilkinson Engelaar McCormack come to mind. Makes a “best of” side problematic.

in regards to Kim a midfield three of: Fishlock Mooy and Little would work I think. Jess as the 6, Mooy as the 8. Jess is very versatile, one of her strengths.

anywsy congratulations on the show.

For all of you who still pine for the good old days of Heart and still have a problem accepting the CFG takeover, just take a moment to absorb Munn's comments. They had to sell off a bunch of players without replacements, just to keep the club going.

I get and appreciate the good times, bonds formed between fans, etc, etc - but listening to that confirms the future was bleak.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rass said:

For all of you who still pine for the good old days of Heart and still have a problem accepting the CFG takeover, just take a moment to absorb Munn's comments. They had to sell off a bunch of players without replacements, just to keep the club going.

I get and appreciate the good times, bonds formed between fans, etc, etc - but listening to that confirms the future was bleak.

Melbourne Heart was dead either way. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Look I’ve never subscribed to the “we were going to fold” story, which lacks evidence and facts; however there is no question that the owners (despite denying it) had had the club up for sale for some time and were just waiting for the “right” offer.

How lucky were we though. Could have ended up with a group like the Bakries, or even Tinkler