Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

Would be good if you guys could ask some semi-regular questions to all the players like...

Who is the most annoying team mate

Do you all call Cahill #legacy

Who is the fines sherrif

Has any player been caught in that sex shop across from CFA on Waterdale Road

Just now, japiedog said:

How have you enjoyed your time as the "official Interpreter" for the South American connection?

what ever you ask, don't let him get away with the cliche responses

Yeah exactly so ask weird questions to throw them off haha

10 minutes ago, LittleMLO said:

Yo Anthony, you've been in and out of the Starting XI all season. What do you need to improve in the off-season to better consolidate your spot in that XI going forward?

Do you think you'll be back at Melbourne City next season or would you rather play more football and remain in the UK/Europe?

I'm not sure a rant is what is needed. Rants tend to focus on just a few individuals. More like a well thought out and sound analysis of just where this club is going wrong both on- and off-field and the basic changes that are need to turn things around. 

Any chance of someone from the club being asked about (particularly) the supposed departure of Tommy Sorensen? If he is retiring, IMO the club has treated him disrespectfully - I'm certain everyone at AAMI on Sunday would have wanted a chance to say farewell to him.

any player stepping up for an interview ???

I don't think anyone would have the balls to front up for an interview

a player by player analysis, plus who stays and goes ( I know it's got a thread already) but a measured logical analysis

pfft , sorry we are talking about Melbourne City here, a measured logical analysis is all but impossible at this club

37 minutes ago, japiedog said:

any player stepping up for an interview ???

I don't think anyone would have the balls to front up for an interview

a player by player analysis, plus who stays and goes ( I know it's got a thread already) but a measured logical analysis

pfft , sorry we are talking about Melbourne City here, a measured logical analysis is all but impossible at this club

This.

individual look at each player and discuss thoughts on position in relation to next seasons squad. 

Positives of the season and negatives.

What needs to be done at Bundoora and Manchester to make us the club everyone wants.

• Like 3

I know it's as boring as auditing, but just have the club look at building from the back

Play the best keeper we have, get a decent CB pairing , a visa left back ( surely there is someone playing in the Bulgarian League who would give his left knacker to come and play here, plus be better than the local standard)

it all starts from there, don't give away the shite silly goals, as we have always done, and we might, just might finish a wee bit higher in the table and actually show some stability on the pitch

Rant over

• Like 1

5 hours ago, japiedog said:

I know it's as boring as auditing, but just have the club look at building from the back

Play the best keeper we have, get a decent CB pairing , a visa left back ( surely there is someone playing in the Bulgarian League who would give his left knacker to come and play here, plus be better than the local standard)

it all starts from there, don't give away the shite silly goals, as we have always done, and we might, just might finish a wee bit higher in the table and actually show some stability on the pitch

Rant over

Fuck wasting a visa spot on a full back. Visa players should really make up the spine of the team; CB, CM, CAM and ST aeguably also a winger. Most Important is two solid ball playing CBs (happy to count Jakobsen as one, I dont think he will injure himself as much if he isnt required to keep throwing himself at everything because no one else can defend).

• Like 3

OK guys, here's the final Talking City episode for the season.

A special thanks to everyone on here for listening and providing feedback and questions for us over the course. You guys have easily been the most engaging of all the social media platforms we have and we're very grateful for the support.

There'll be some sporadic pods during the off-season so keep an eye out

https://audioboom.com/posts/5856719-talking-city-episode-28-matty-cant-read

• Like 2

3 hours ago, haz said:

@thisphantomfortress

IMO "Big City Life" by Mattafix should be used as the intro (and outro?) to the Pods next season.

You are a wise man. I wanted it (which is why we played it out at the end) but we were a little worried about copyright etc  so went generic public domain music that kinda sounded like so happy together.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 8:42 PM, haz said:

@thisphantomfortress

IMO "Big City Life" by Mattafix should be used as the intro (and outro?) to the Pods next season.

@thisphantomfortress

Hey mate, as I said in a comment a couple of days ago it would sound good to have the talking city intro as 'Big City Life" I chucked together this track with my very very basic knowledge and changed the pitch slightly. I don't know how one would determine if it breaches copyright or not.

Edited by haz
  • Like 1