Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

Hi,

Listen to the last podcast.

I totally disagree with the dire predictions of 'we'll finish 5th', 'Perth and Brisbane are better than us', ect on the latest podcast.

The first half against Sydney, a part from Muscat's red, we were all over them, high pressing attacking football. It has to be said, Sydney's first goal was poor defending by Malik and Muscat, but we had the run of play and we were dominating the league dominating top side, and the Fitzie goal was the perfect reply to balance the game, and help the score at the time, represent what was happening on the pitch.

That first half, couple with the fact we had a 5 1 away romp over Wellington, a youthful gutsy draw against Roar, a hard done by but spirited derby against Victory where we were, for the most part, the dominant side, we have a lot to look forward to if we take this form and effort to the rest of our games toward the finals.

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hardware said:

Hi,

I totally disagree with the dire predictions of 'we'll finish 5th', 'Perth and Brisbane are better than us', ect on the latest podcast.

The first half against Sydney, a part from Muscat's red, we were all over them, high pressing attacking football. It has to be said, Sydney's first goal was poor defending by Malik and Muscat, but we had the run of play and we were dominating the league dominating top side, and the Fitzie goal was the perfect reply to balance the game, and help the score at the time, represent what was happening on the pitch.

That first half, couple with the fact we had a 5 1 away romp over Wellington, a youthful gutsy draw against Roar, a hard done by but spirited derby against Victory where we were, for the most part, the dominant side, we have a lot to look forward to if we take this form and effort to the rest of our games toward the finals.

Yes get stuck in!

Edited by thisphantomfortress

13 minutes ago, Hardware said:

Hi,

I generally agree with you, but most of the souls on this forum are negative, grumpy kents so don't be too disheartened when they inevitably pick your post apart

Edited by bt50

1 hour ago, Hardware said:

Hi,

We lost mate. I'm with you in the positive stakes but ifs and could ofs mean zero. Score at the end is what really matters.

If we drop points against Mariners 5th is looking pretty much a certainty. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

We lost mate. I'm with you in the positive stakes but ifs and could ofs mean zero. Score at the end is what really matters.

If we drop points against Mariners 5th is looking pretty much a certainty. 

You might want to look up the definition of certainty ;) 

I know everything is a bit shit at the minute but we're a point off 3rd with superior goal difference. We aren't at the point where one result tells our story just yet.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, bt50 said:

You might want to look up the definition of certainty ;) 

I know everything is a bit shit at the minute but we're a point off 3rd with superior goal difference. We aren't at the point where one result tells our story just yet.

True but if we lose this week what would you call it? 

11 minutes ago, Jovan said:

True but if we lose this week what would you call it? 

Disaster, disgrace, infuriating.

It still wouldnt mean we were out of the running for third however, and definitely wouldnt infer that we'll finish 5th either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eric forman said:

I don't think there's a lack of ambition. There is an acceptance of mediocrity in all levels of performance at City, whether on the field or off it, that just doesn't match the ambition. Some very poor decisions have been made in Manchester and by the Board of Melbourne City, notably retaining people in key positions at CFA Melbourne, and mediocre officers inevitably lead to mediocre troops. We were warned by the handful of Manchester City fans on this Forum that change would be more of a slow burn than an inferno, but it's certainly taking its time in coming. FFA haven't helped, thwarting some of CFG's plans on bringing players to Melbourne, but I lay most of the blame at CFG's feet for poor decision-making on key management positions.  

• Like 1

@Embee@thisphantomfortress

Ever had any thought into taking Talking City from a audio podcast to a YouTube channel similar to Blue Moon Rising, Arsenal Fan TV,  Full Time Devils etc.

I know that Talking City currently has a channel where the post-game fan interviews are posted, but it would be good to see in the future a type of "couch talk" where highlights, pictures, press conference snippets,  and dank memes are shown? Of course though this would require more time and resources.

27 minutes ago, haz said:

@Embee@thisphantomfortress

Ever had any thought into taking Talking City from a audio podcast to a YouTube channel similar to Blue Moon Rising, Arsenal Fan TV,  Full Time Devils etc.

I know that Talking City currently has a channel where the post-game fan interviews are posted, but it would be good to see in the future a type of "couch talk" where highlights, pictures, press conference snippets,  and dank memes are shown? Of course though this would require more time and resources.

@Embee isn't pretty enough for video

• Like 2

Finally got around to listening to the pod boys. Good chat with Matt Windley. With regards to the possession issue, I feel our problem definitely is a mentality centric problem, we are most dangerous when we run at opposition teams with the ball. I find our players become quite static when receiving and holding the ball without moving with it, and looking for other player to move into positions to receive which most of the time are quite predictable for oppositions to read, (Luke Brattan is a huge perpetrator if you watch him, gets the ball, stays where he is and holds it under his foot and awaits to see what runs from others are made around him, usually two others players making predictable runs to space, for a triangle setup).

I still think our biggest problem which hasn't been touched on is our defense, and to a large extent the transition from defense to attack (playing it from the back). We are last in the league for tackles, and last in the league for clearances, they're the facts. Bozanis I feel is another part of why our defense hasn't been up to scratch, I think Sorensen is the man to have in goals (he's much more of a leader in goals based on watching from the sidelines, and his wealth of experience I believe should have automatically given him more of a two game chance at the start of the season before being dropped). Vukovic is a pivotal player for Sydney, and clean sheets are why they are on top. Melbourne wins lies with their defense achieving clean sheets.

• Like 1

Just in time for lunch!

Plenty to discuss this week, we go over the contracts coming up at season's end (which is a big talking point on here lately) and interview Pep Montemurro.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5705306-episode-22-hello-joe-feat-joe-montemurro

Thoughts on the contract chat, interview and Matt's rant about the NPL Association more than welcome

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Embee said:

Just in time for lunch!

Plenty to discuss this week, we go over the contracts coming up at season's end (which is a big talking point on here lately) and interview Pep Montemurro.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5705306-episode-22-hello-joe-feat-joe-montemurro

Thoughts on the contract chat, interview and Matt's rant about the NPL Association more than welcome

plenty of Belief there from Joe !

ha where have i heard that Believe before

good work as always.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

For future episodes try get the mic volumes similar or just talk a certain distance away. Listened to the episode (another great one) in the car this afternoon and at times struggled to hear who was talking and other parts had to turn the volume down momentarily due to how loud your voices were.

But once again another great episode with good content, keep them coming.

10 minutes ago, haz said:

For future episodes try get the mic volumes similar or just talk a certain distance away. Listened to the episode (another great one) in the car this afternoon and at times struggled to hear who was talking and other parts had to turn the volume down momentarily due to how loud your voices were.

But once again another great episode with good content, keep them coming.

Cheers for the feedback. I normally just listen through my ipad on speaker so I don't notice the subtleties.

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Cheers for the feedback. I normally just listen through my ipad on speaker so I don't notice the subtleties.

Yea same here, using the car speakers through an Aux cord you can really pick up the differences.

2 hours ago, Austin316 said:

lads 

the discussion about who is a better keeper was vomit worthy

you need to bring a baseball bat into the room and anyone who suggest that Bouzanis is better than Sorensen gets a whack

I think that's what the pod needs more of. Robust differing opinions and well argued points. 

For the record if Sorensen doesn't play the rest of the season I'll take the bat to Valkanis myself.