- Great Listen. Well produced without being stuffy and trying to be too serious

- LOVED the dig at RBB

- The audio cuts were fantastic

- Ending with the Simpsons softball song made me smile

Cons

- No mention of the iconic Gull

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

Just heard my shout out, cheers fellas ;)- The Matt Thompson goal where it bounced over Matt Ryans head (i think) you were referring to  was the "singing in the rain" match against CCM where Thompson scored from half way. There is footage of it on youtube somewhere but I cant find it right now.

Edit- This is the only footage I could find. Warning-watch on mute and skip to 6:56

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Just heard my shout out, cheers fellas ;)- The Matt Thompson goal where it bounced over Matt Ryans head (i think) you were referring to  was the "singing in the rain" match against CCM where Thompson scored from half way. There is footage of it on youtube somewhere but I cant find it right now.

Edit- This is the only footage I could find. Warning-watch on mute and skip to 6:56

I'd forgotten how many goals we scored....

problem is we conceded more ......

9 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Love the podcast boys. Just as feedback, Will's mic always seems to be quieter than the others. Otherwise it's all good.

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Awesome podcast guys. Was going to suggest the same thing about the sound level of the mic. 

He actually sat further away from the mic and that as what it was. Mic levels were the same for everyone.... Fuck you @Embee

Edit.. Not defensive about my lack of ability to produce at all.

Edited by eric forman
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, eric forman said:

He actually sat further away from the mic and that as what it was. Mic levels were the same for everyone.... Fuck you @Embee

Edit.. Not defensive about my lack of ability to produce at all.

always tough recording "prima donnas "  they never listen to the producer of a session

5 minutes ago, Embee said:

Another episode guys.

I just know that @KSK_47 will enjoy this one haha

http://bit.ly/2dICAKU

We're saving a Strider feature for the video interviews outside the ground

In the process of moving house so have not had a chance to listen for a while because i have been crazy busy. But sounds like i def need to set aside some time tonight hahaha

Interesting the tak about our passion and energy etc during the derby. I'll throw a theory out there, there's been so much conjecture about our physicality, 'diving' etc and overall it's thrown our teams mentality off. Players can say that these things don't affect them but once an idea has been planted in their heads they then aren't acting instinctually. It has completely thrown them off. Basically through the complete beat up from coaches, media and aleague fans we've lost our edge. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Interesting the tak about our passion and energy etc during the derby. I'll throw out a theory, there's been so much conjecture about our physicality, 'diving' etc and overall it's thrown our teams mentality off. Players can say that these things don't affect them but once an idea has been planted in their heads they then aren't acting instinctually. It can completely throw them off. Basically through the complete beat up from coaches, media and aleague fans we've lost our edge. 

Agree.

10 hours ago, n i k o said:

Interesting the tak about our passion and energy etc during the derby. I'll throw a theory out there, there's been so much conjecture about our physicality, 'diving' etc and overall it's thrown our teams mentality off. Players can say that these things don't affect them but once an idea has been planted in their heads they then aren't acting instinctually. It has completely thrown them off. Basically through the complete beat up from coaches, media and aleague fans we've lost our edge. 

Id agree with that too and also the fact that we have played huge games for the last 4 weeks. Sydney (final), Brisbane, Sydney, Victory. That is a crazy schedule in a league that is artificially equalized. It would have been hugely mentally and physically draining and Victory got us at the right moment. I know its stupid being rational on here. But I said on here on the night, that felt and was a heart/victory derby on Saturday  and we wernt the heart team. Hence why I am nonplussed about the result.  Players have had a few days off since the derby, think that will help a lot. 

I still dont think we will win anything else (firm believer in the FFA cup curse) this year but I can see us still winning the championship because we are a knock out tournament team it seems, Matty Windley has pushed that line and I completely agree with him. 

So if we do end up winning the championship, then Meatloaf would be happy with that and so should we. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, n i k o said:

I'll throw a theory out there, there's been so much conjecture about our physicality, 'diving' etc and overall it's thrown our teams mentality off. Players can say that these things don't affect them but once an idea has been planted in their heads they then aren't acting instinctually. It has completely thrown them off. 

If the players are bring mentally thrown out dor being called out for being too pysical then it's a management problem again because we have chosen the wrong people for the job. If we are going to play a physical game then we need those type of players. Hard arse players are not effected in the slightest by being called out. They generally love it. 

And if our players have mentally been thrown out for being told not to dive (cheat) then i dont even want to begin to start dissecting the problems with that 

3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

If the players are bring mentally thrown out dor being called out for being too pysical then it's a management problem again because we have chosen the wrong people for the job. If we are going to play a physical game then we need those type of players. Hard arse players are not effected in the slightest by being called out. They generally love it. 

And if our players have mentally been thrown out for being told not to dive (cheat) then i dont even want to begin to start dissecting the problems with that 

I think your dismissing how easily the mentality of an athlete can be change.  Especially if they're getting directive from every source around them, coaching staff, media, Aleague supporters in general and their own fans at times. What was once working well now has to be changed. Anyway I can't go into it now but the mentality players is a funny thing and I know when a player loses that edge they had it can affect the rest of the team. 

30 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I think your dismissing how easily the mentality of an athlete can be change.  Especially if they're getting directive from every source around them, coaching staff, media, Aleague supporters in general and their own fans at times. What was once working well now has to be changed. Anyway I can't go into it now but the mentality players is a funny thing and I know when a player loses that edge they had it can affect the rest of the team. 

I understand what you mean by players mentality being effected. I was pointing out that it highlights the importance of having a clear objective with what you want to achieve before the season begins and choosing players to carry out that objective. Physical teams are nothing new and if we want to go down that path then we can expect some backslash. And therefore we need players and staff that can handle that backlash. 

If our plan is to be  arrogant and aggressive but we back off as soon as there is a bit of heat, then management have obviously have chosen the wrong path. 

Edited by KSK_47