Melbourne Football

FFA Cup Semi-Final 25th October 7.30 pm AAMI Park: Melbourne Derby

hakz7

Would think it'd be Oct 25th since I can't see Sydney playing 2 days after a trip to Wellington.

Plus it gives more time for the media to fuel any Derby spot fires to build tension for bums on seats

8 minutes ago, Red_irts said:

What are the chances! Super keen :)

Smart arse in me says 1 in 3 overall, was 1 in 6 as an away game 😜👍

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Would think it'd be Oct 25th since I can't see Sydney playing 2 days after a trip to Wellington.

Plus it gives more time for the media to fuel any Derby spot fires to build tension for bums on seats

Smart arse in me says 1 in 3 overall, was 1 in 6 as an away game 😜👍

Yeh almost certainly will be October 25th at AAMI Park with Sydney returning from Welly.

11 hours ago, bt50 said:

It will be either Tuesday 18th or Tuesday 25th, more than likely at AAMI being a mid week game.

I feel particularly sorry for @cadete, who will now have to miss the FFA Cup Semi Final :P 

But maybe the Magic of the Cup will overwhelm me sending me into a trance like state and through the doors of AAMI without me even realising it...

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, neio said:

If the game is it aami, who configurea the seating is it them or is it FFA,  cause if it's them are we going to be chucked in the corner

IIRC FFA has complete control over arrangements for these matches. For example, last year's stuff-up with the presentation at the W-League Grand Final was all FFA's doing.

Excuse my ignorance but surely the FFA schedule is organised before the comp starts so that winner QF4 plays winner QF2 and so on...

Judging by the conspiracy talk this is not the case? If so that is more than a joke and should be looked into... or is it standard practice to decide who plays each other in a cup because of something like the A-League schedule?

3 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Excuse my ignorance but surely the FFA schedule is organised before the comp starts so that winner QF4 plays winner QF2 and so on...

Judging by the conspiracy talk this is not the case? If so that is more than a joke and should be looked into... or is it standard practice to decide who plays each other in a cup because of something like the A-League schedule?

It's a random draw after each round, just like the FA Cup, League Cup and most of the other major cups...

Edited by bt50

7 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Thank you! That makes sense. Except somehow this cup is rigged to make sure a non A-League team makes the semis which I assume is not the case with the other cups.

Yes. And also even though sydney were drawn as the home team, canberra were already guaranteed a home game

32 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Thank you! That makes sense. Except somehow this cup is rigged to make sure a non A-League team makes the semis which I assume is not the case with the other cups.

Ah yeh it is, but it just involves separating the A - League and non A League pots for the R32, R16 and QF draws.

Ideally theyll do away with that at some point.