Melbourne Football

Rnd 1 - 8/10, 5.35pm Vs Wellington (Away)

neio

Looking at Fiji's fixtures, their next one looks like an OFC World Cup qualifier in March 2017. Based on that I'd say Krishna will be playing. IMO he's precisely the sort of player who I think will trouble our defence this season - fast and direct on the break.

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1. Thomas Sorensen (GK), 2. Manny Muscat, 3. Josh Rose, 4. Connor Chapman, 6. Osama Malik, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 9. Nicolas Colazo, 10. Anthony Caceres, 11. Bruce Kamau, 12. Nick Fitzgerald, 14. Daniel Arzani, 18. Paulo Retre, 20. Dean Bouzanis (GK), 21. Ruon Tongyik, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 23. Bruno Fornaroli, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Fernando Brandan ***two to be omitted*** Outs: Nil Ins: Nil Unavailable:  7. Corey Gameiro (ACL - season), 17. Tim Cahill (international duty), 28. Steve Kuzmanovski (international duty) Not Selected: 5. Ivan Franjic (fitness) - See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/team-news-city-set-for-wellington/1lpxhenj5eqfh18ktg0hzk8l7x#sthash.oC5CRfKU.dpuf
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/team-news-city-set-for-wellington/1lpxhenj5eqfh18ktg0hzk8l7x#HvKlSLg8Ms9lqlhT.99

Wellington Phoenix squad: 1.Glen MOSS (gk), 2.Jacob TRATT, 4.Roly BONEVACIA, 5.Ryan LOWRY, 6.Dylan FOX, 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Alex RODRIGUEZ, 11.Hamish WATSON, 12.Adam PARKHOUSE, 13.Marco ROSSI, 14.Alex RUFER, 17.Vince LIA (c), 20.Lewis ITALIANO (gk), 21.Roy KRISHNA, 24.Logan ROGERSON, 26.Jack-Henry SINCLAIR

Ins: Nil Outs: Nil Unavailable: 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES (international duty – 1 week), 10.Michael McGLINCHEY (international duty – 1 week), 16.Louis FENTON (international duty – 1 week), 22.Andrew DURANTE (international duty – 1 week), 23.Matthew RIDENTON (knee – 2-3 weeks) - 

Krishna is in.

Given that I imagine they look like 

Moss

Tratt Fox Rossi Parkhouse

Bonevacia Rodriguez Lia

Finkler

Watson    Krishna

I'd go with this 

Sorenson

Chapman   Jakobsen      Rose

Brattan

Malik                           Colazo

Caceres

Kamau    Fornaroli      Fitzy

Bouzanis Muscat Retre Kilkenny Brandan 

Edited by DAM10
mistake

All the noises that have been made imo point towards a line up of:

Sorensen

Chapman      Jakobsen     Rose

Brattan            Malik         Kilkenny

Kamau            Brandan      Colazo

Fornaroli

SUBS : Bouzanis Caceres Fitzgerald Retre Muscat

Probably could be a swap between Caceres and Brandan but i suspect the Argentine will be favoured after his FFA Cup performance. The article that was on Fox this morning re Chapman at RB leads me to think he'll start over Muscat and Malik's role obviously dropping into a back four when the opposition have the ball as per the FFA Cup game.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

All the noises that have been made imo point towards a line up of:

Sorensen

Chapman      Jakobsen     Rose

Brattan            Malik         Kilkenny

Kamau            Brandan      Colazo

Fornaroli

SUBS : Bouzanis Caceres Fitzgerald Retre Muscat

Probably could be a swap between Caceres and Brandan but i suspect the Argentine will be favoured after his FFA Cup performance. The article that was on Fox this morning re Chapman at RB leads me to think he'll start over Muscat and Malik's role obviously dropping into a back four when the opposition have the ball as per the FFA Cup game.

classic 3-3-3-1 formation

• Like 1

This is a must win game which will also drive our membership numbers 11 days before our first home game. I have been following our daily membership number over the last 3 days and we have average 70 per day. A win on Saturday would no doubt have more people sign up and take us to 80 per day as an average. This is 880 members before our first home game.  This will get us to 10700 members on game day at worst case scenario.

I was born in the dark, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding! You think the darkness is your ally, you merely adopted the dark. The shadows betray you, because they belong to me

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 4

The peaceful realm of Azeroth stands on the brink of war and its civilization faces a fearsome race of invaders: orc warriors fleeing their dying home to colonize another. As a portal opens to connect the two worlds, one army faces destruction and the other faces extinction. From opposing sides, an unlikely set of heroes are set on a collision course that will decide the fate of their families.

1 minute ago, jezq97 said:

Anyone know or have past experience with a league live streams and can recommend a website? 

livetv.sx always always has a stream. it's just a little hard to navigate. you can also try http://reddit.com/r/soccerstreams, which is only a forum for streamers to post their streams, so a stream isn't certain to be up but very high chance it willl

Edited by jeffplz