Melbourne Football

#startwalker

marteaux

Zac walker to be signed by Liverpool in 2 years, you heard it here first!

He is a fan.

Zac can't play this week, he's in Hawaii.

Re Carroll; we signed him injured, for 5 and a half years. Though I vaguely recall him scoring a double as we put 3 past you last season. Oh and you just belittled the FA Cup? Ironic as it is the ONLY thing you've ever seen your club win. You did come close to winning the Community Shield though (Y)

cos duchess is a liverpool fan, and also because everyone was going crazy at how good carroll was when he was still with newcastle and he only performed for half a season, then went upto big time (if liverpool can be considered the big time) and showed that he wasn't quite ready.

Newcastle is in the same league, playing against the same teams as Liverpool. And Carrol is not an issue of not being ready, he played 80 games for newcastle. His problem is not being able to fit into a side which plays a vastly different style of football to him.

mate this is a thread about zac walker not liverpool's fall from grace, back on topic please.

Oh, the irony.

I get what you're saying about JVS calling players up when they're ready, which is a good point, but it doesn't need the Liverpool bashing which you are supplying.

Edited by Che
  • Like 1

with alot of them being in the championship, he wasn't ready to raise his game to another level he had just started being good at his current level not super star bossing it etc.

anyway zac walker showed in hawaii that he wasn't ready to step up a level.

What, with the one through ball he received all tournament?

He scored a goal in game 1 that was incorrectly disallowed...

Edited by LR9

• 2 weeks later...

MELBOURNE Heart chief executive Scott Munn says Border export Zac Walker is every chance of making his A-League debut next season.

...“He’s going to spend a season in the Victorian Premier League and we look forward to hopefully having Zac back again next year and just like Craig Goodwin who broke into the A-League this year, hopefully Zac will do that in the not too distant future.”

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/walker-looks-good-for-aleague-debut/2488977.aspx

From the article:

As you grow and play at the higher levels you need to have the all-round football ability and Zac’s learning that.

We play a particular brand of football and that means that just being a goal poacher is not enough.

And Zac’s learning that.

Which is why he did not play A-League this season. (Well, so far at least.)

• 3 months later...

Bump.

Has scored 4 goals in his most 2 games I think, how many all up this season?

We don't need to sign a big money striker tbh. Just play Ziggy up front, and spend the money we've saved on another QUALITY CM, CB and LW.

Imagine Ziggy getting dished up balls by Fred, Flores, Dugandzic and someone else of quality every week, whilst working closely with JA to perfect his goal poaching technique.

A-League pls.

• Like 1

Bump.

Has scored 4 goals in his most 2 games I think, how many all up this season?

We don't need to sign a big money striker tbh. Just play Ziggy up front, and spend the money we've saved on another QUALITY CM, CB and LW.

Imagine Ziggy getting dished up balls by Fred, Flores, Dugandzic and someone else of quality every week, whilst working closely with JA to perfect his goal poaching technique.

A-League pls.

Does this mean that the Hoffman Supporter Club has officially shut up shop?

Please say yes...

• Like 2

At least play Zac Walker in preseason games and give him a fair go up front. I reckon he would make a good squad player with the ability to prove himself.

TBH I think Brodie Patterson is more likely of getting a senior contract before Zac atm.

I know the club were at least toying with the Idea before signing him as a NYL player, and he has been training with the seniors this Pre-Season as well.

If Patterson does ever play seniors for Heart he will be the RK's instant favourite that is for sure.

• Like 1

As much as I love Brodie, there's no way he'll play for the 1st team before Ziggy. I wouldnt mind seeing them both in the first team from time to to. JA has spent a whole year with these guys so I trust in him to promote the necessary and ready players to the seniors.

(they are both plumbers on weekdays fwiw, gotta make a crust somehow).

As much as I love Brodie, there's no way he'll play for the 1st team before Ziggy. I wouldnt mind seeing them both in the first team from time to to. JA has spent a whole year with these guys so I trust in him to promote the necessary and ready players to the seniors.

(they are both plumbers on weekdays fwiw, gotta make a crust somehow).

Why?

You have not even seen him play anywhere his best football, all of his NYL season last year he was still coming back from a serious injury.

He was also paid more than the vast majority of the NYL players last year as MH knew he was unlucky to miss out on a senior spot.

He is also training with the seniors right now for a reason.

Edited by cadete

Hopefully Brodie will have a role to play next season, he is one of the more well travelled players of the youth team and probably the First Team, playing for the Celtic Youth Team for a few years and has had trials at a few EPL clubs if I recall correctly (I remember seeing him in an Everton jumper at there training ground). He is exceptional on the ball, has a good shot and more importantly he can take freekicks. His only downfall is he pretty short, but isn't easily pushed off the ball or bullied.

Elevate ZW/KK/BP ffs

Edited by Attila
  • Like 1

I'd like to see Fred take Brodie in a FM-esque tutoring role, lol..

I feel he could have a big impact on his game as he nowhere near being a complete player, and Brodie could possibly fill in for him when Fred inevitably breaks down mid season.

Cadete - Brodie Paterson often came off the bench for the youth team, whereas Ziggy started (and scored in) almost every game. Now, please tell me again who JA rates higher?

I'm not saying Brodie isn't a little jet, because he is - I just think that Ziggy is more likely to get games as our striking stocks are relatively depleted and pending on who our hallowed International #9 is - we could be in for a long season.

Whereas 1/3 of our current senior squad can play Brodies position (Germano, Thompson, Fred, Gerhardt, Kalmar) thus pushing him down the pecking order and I daresay JA would pick everyone of those for the 1st team before Brodie, whether justified or not remains to be seen as I am all for promoting whenever it's possible, and not detrimental.

Edited by marteaux

there's obviously a few players from the youth team that we'd all like to see given a chance this season, but as @marteux said, unfortunately there's a lot of players that would play ahead of them (especially in the midfield), which makes it difficult unless there's a lot of injuries.

Goes back to the number of players allowed on the bench, and if there was 6/7 allowed instead of just 4, it would be easier to have one of these youth players on the bench and throw them on for 15-20minutes if we were comfortably leading. It'll make developing younger players easier, but obviously there's costs involved in this and i can't see it happening until the next TV deal at the earliest.

Stop saying Ziggy for fucks sake.

This

Cadete - Brodie Paterson often came off the bench for the youth team, whereas Ziggy started (and scored in) almost every game.

And I am sure Duchess can confirm that Zac actually started a lot of NYL games on the bench, prob more than Brodie...

I know this as Duchess would complain each time until he was subbed on.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Don't have exact stats - obvs - but he would've been on bench more than he started, i feel fairly confident in saying. Hattrick bris away off the bench <3 Derby 1 winner off bench also.

fwiw, I know 5-10 Zac's, not a single one has the nickname ziggy, cos none of them are gay cunts.

• Like 3

Don't have exact stats - obvs - but he would've been on bench more than he started, i feel fairly confident in saying. Hattrick bris away off the bench <3 Derby 1 winner off bench also.

fwiw, I know 5-10 Zac's, not a single one has the nickname ziggy, cos none of them are gay cunts.

Bowie is Bi Sexual by the way - Not gay. ;)

• Like 1

Figured I should make a thread to educate those who are not yet on the Zac Walker bandwagon.

He is a 20 year old centre foward from Albury and is the current leading goal score for the Melbourne Heart youth team. He is a natural goalscorer and to paraphrase a friend of mine "He has all the fox in the box ability, unlike anyone else in our team". He scores nearly every week for the youth team and as our team is really struggling for goals at the moment, I think Zac can offer a good alternative striker option to David Williams and Eli Babalj. In addition to this, he is a ripper bloke going by what I've heard from friends of his, other players in the youth team and his RWU Heartcast interview late last year.

If you're on twitter, spruik the hashtag #startwalker, and hopefully we can get the club to notice before the Central Coast match next friday, and possibly land him a spot on the bench (he scores reguarly coming off the bench too).

Twitter's a powerful weapon, and it's been done before: Craig Goodwin.

#startwalker!

gtfih duchess, ando, buddy farah, cadete, and any other regular attendees of NYL games.

He is actually from Wodonga. Played for the same club where I played in my junior years. The same club that produced Archie Thompson and Josh Kennedy

He is actually from Wodonga. Played for the same club where I played in my junior years. The same club that produced Archie Thompson and Josh Kennedy

Dude, It's Albury and Wodonga. No difference. Apart from both being shitholes and on different sides of the border.

I got to admit I dont see much difference myself between the two towns (Albury is actually a nicer town visually TBH).

But its a bit harsh to take a blokes Victorian Citizenship of him dont you think?