Melbourne Football

#startwalker

marteaux

Figured I should make a thread to educate those who are not yet on the Zac Walker bandwagon.

He is a 20 year old centre foward from Albury and is the current leading goal score for the Melbourne Heart youth team. He is a natural goalscorer and to paraphrase a friend of mine "He has all the fox in the box ability, unlike anyone else in our team". He scores nearly every week for the youth team and as our team is really struggling for goals at the moment, I think Zac can offer a good alternative striker option to David Williams and Eli Babalj. In addition to this, he is a ripper bloke going by what I've heard from friends of his, other players in the youth team and his RWU Heartcast interview late last year.

If you're on twitter, spruik the hashtag #startwalker, and hopefully we can get the club to notice before the Central Coast match next friday, and possibly land him a spot on the bench (he scores reguarly coming off the bench too).

Twitter's a powerful weapon, and it's been done before: Craig Goodwin.

#startwalker!

gtfih duchess, ando, buddy farah, cadete, and any other regular attendees of NYL games.

• Like 1

I saw him today. His left thigh is bandaged, I don't know if he's injured or not. He was quite slow, I can't remember him being this slow in the other NYL games I saw him in, but his positioning is excellent, and apart from one excellent chance his finishing is clinical. This alone sets him apart from anyone else in the club. If he's not injured, I'd be giving him a run in the senior team.

Just spoke to him, he expects to be on the plane. Would be a very last minute decision if they pulled him out but fingers crossed they do.

really hope he stays, although the experience playing in hawaii would be good.

as said above would much rather walker coming off the bench over maycon. if you watch maycon in the youth league you will understand how shit he really is, he has had numerous chances to score, yet he doesn't and then you have zac walker who does well in youth in a position that we are lacking in the seniors. so i dont see why we should have maycon on the bench when he is shit in both seniors and youth when you could give zac a chance who at the least is proven scorer in the youth.

He isn't that good, yes he is a talent, but he has only scored some goals in the youth league, the way people are going on its like he has scored a hat trick EVERY game...

A string of poor performances tend to leave fans thinking/wanting to believe anyone in youth team must be better than what we already have. Need to remember even Williams can score in the NYL.

With Fred, Thompson and our Olyroos back, I think it's best for Walker to be part of the Hawaii experience.

So Mancityfan, you'd rather have Maycon on the bench over Ziggy Walker?

I'd rather have 1- spot on the bench than have Maycon on there, am srs.

It's funny how Fred at 50% is 5x the player of Maycon even at 100%.

I've said it numerous times though, Maycon is a ripper bloke - but not a footballer!

I hope he stays and plays against CCM, and justifies this thread, so nonces like ManCityFan will start to think before they click post.

• Like 1

Fwiw, that was the civilised version.

then you mustn't be a very nice person, typical liverpudlian where swearing and calling people rude names is considered civilised

I've said it numerous times though, Maycon is a ripper bloke - but not a footballer!

I hope he stays and plays against CCM, and justifies this thread, so nonces like ManCityFan will start to think before they click post.

no i wouldn't i don't think maycon should be a shoe polisher for the club.

but just because a player has done alright for half a season (going by european season length) doesn't mean they will step up to the mark when going up a level. all these knowledgeable liverpool fans should be wary as it could be another andy carrol situation oh... wait they still think he is good.

Marteaux wouldn't you rather see hoffman on the bench to see him come on as a central forward instead of out of position in the midfield

all these knowledgeable liverpool fans should be wary as it could be another andy carrol situation oh... wait they still think he is good.

Completely different situation, not even relevant. Look at Curtis Good, Goodwin, Bernie Ibini-Isei, Mustafa Amini for actual examples.

Edited by Che

i would rather have walker instead of maycon, but the thing is looking at the players we have available now, i doubt he's going to get a position even on the bench.

ManCityFan is obviously 12. Not worth the effort.

once again can't come back with an intellectual answer so you use the greatest all time internet insult...

Completely different situation, not even relevant. Look at Curtis Good, Goodwin, Bernie Ibini-Isei, Mustafa Amini for actual examples.

THose players were actually identified by their coaches as being capable of stepping up and they did.

need i remind you that it was JVS he thought and goodwin were capable of being a first team player, yet he has not yet deemed zac walker there yet, sure he may get there in the future, as you can read above i do agree walker is a talented kid, but if JVS doesn't think he is ready i'm going to trust his judgment

He isn't that good, yes he is a talent, but he has only scored some goals in the youth league, the way people are going on its like he has scored a hat trick EVERY game...

Yeh! you cant play a guy in the 1st team unless he scores a hatrick in every one of the youth games he's played, if he has not done this he is not worthy of a chance.

easiest way to sort this out, give walker a chance on sunday and see how he performs, then you can compare him against maycon

They will have to fly him back from Hawaii.

But agree, give him a go. Might be a lot harder will the whole squad back, especially if they start winning.

If one of the first team lads playing youth bagged quite a few goals they would be staright back in.

THose players were actually identified by their coaches as being capable of stepping up and they did.

need i remind you that it was JVS he thought and goodwin were capable of being a first team player, yet he has not yet deemed zac walker there yet, sure he may get there in the future, as you can read above i do agree walker is a talented kid, but if JVS doesn't think he is ready i'm going to trust his judgment

Then why the frick did you mention Andy Carrol.

cos duchess is a liverpool fan, and also because everyone was going crazy at how good carroll was when he was still with newcastle and he only performed for half a season, then went upto big time (if liverpool can be considered the big time) and showed that he wasn't quite ready. Would be the same with walker imo otherwise JVS would have called him up already. I would say JVS would know a thing or two about promising youth players as he was in charge of the ajax youth team whilst many great players were there in ajax's youth system

Liverpool considered big time!?! Hahaha get some history mate, you cant buy what Liverpool has buddy.

rome used to control half of the world, but they aint exactly political power these days....

you can talk about what you used to do as much as you want; if it makes you feel better about not doing anything now :)