Melbourne Football

2018 Europe World Cup Qualifying

Young Polak

When you're 3-0 up but forget you're playing for Poland so you quickly score an own goal and concede another shit goal to be under the pump for half an hour. Fucking hell.

Meanwhile Scotland had to go from a goal down to draw with Lithuania at home

Iceland beat Finland after coming from behind and scoring 2 goals in extra time

41 minutes ago, Young Polak said:

italy had to snatch a win against macedonia in stoppage time

I knew we'd give them problems tbh, at home we have always been good and against big teams we step up. Only difference from the good old days where we'd beat England at home etc is our defence isn't strong like it was back then. Two unlucky defeats this international window. Sadly, that's actually an improvement from just being shit. Maybe the turnaround is coming soon.

On the bright side, new kit is quality, and Nesterovski really starting to look like a class striker. I expect Zamparini to start his usually hype tactics with him soon and then somehow sell him for 60mil euros.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Can I quickly hijack the thread for the u21 qualifying.

Last matches tonight.

Iceland         18pt
Macedonia   18pt    
France          17pt

If we beat Scotland tonight, and Iceland dont win, we're through to our first major international tournament. Problem is Iceland have the better head to head record so if they win we're on second. Anyway 2nd is still okay and we just have to tackle the playoff which i'd be confident in given the way the team is performing but automatic qualification would be better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tesla said:

2-0 win against Scotland

Iceland lost 4-2 to Ukraine

France win 3-0 againat North Ireland 

We finish first and qualify :up:

Well done: You beat Scotland.

PPL chose to play for Ireland over Scotland these days... that is how bad they are post the Mid 1990's.

5 minutes ago, cadete said:

Well done: You beat Scotland.

PPL chose to play for Ireland over Scotland these days... that is how bad they are post the Mid 1990's.

Beating Scotland is hardly the point, it was just the last game, finishing first in a difficult group was the achievement.

• 4 weeks later...

Armenia dealt a huge blow to montenegro with a 3-2 victory and now after beating romania, poland is now 3 points clear at the top.

I wonder what sanctions romania would face from uefa for throwing flares and firecrackers onto the pitch + Lewandowski copping one to the head(?). Also some crowd trouble from romanians trying to invade the away section 

13 hours ago, Young Polak said:

I wonder what sanctions romania would face from uefa for throwing flares and firecrackers onto the pitch + Lewandowski copping one to the head(?). Also some crowd trouble from romanians trying to invade the away section 

Looks like nt has finally found new home in Romania 

• Like 1