Melbourne Football

Nicolas Colazo

Deviant

3 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

In the words of the late Big Kev, I'm excited!

Zero idea how we'll line up, but could be something like this. Obviously some serious depth now with Gameiro, Brandan, Kamau, Retre, Muscat, Rose, Tongyk and Fitzy not included below

2tenN4V.png

Think youll find Jakobsen will play on the left and Malik in the middle. 

8 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

In the words of the late Big Kev, I'm excited!

Zero idea how we'll line up, but could be something like this. Obviously some serious depth now with Gameiro, Brandan, Kamau, Retre, Muscat, Rose, Tongyk and Fitzy not included below

2tenN4V.png

I just realised our depth and potential line up! We're ganna win the league! Surely!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This article seems to be about half a day older than the other ones though. Definitely can't celebrate too early though, you're right. Let's hope for something official. If some of the articles are to believed, he could arrive here as soon as this week. So we'll know in good time.

this article has his agent confirming via a radio interview.  agents being agents you do have to take it with a grain of salt, but does give decent evidence of the deal being done since

(a.) any delay in announcement by Melbourne City revolve around external elements surrounding a second passport for Colazo (which also explains the earlier interest from Italian clubs), and

(b.) i cant see where the angle would be in announcing that Colazo if he wasnt coming here - the Italian clubs have had plenty of time to have gotten the deal done previously and Boca wouldnt seem likely to nudge his wage up given Colazo has had limited game time.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2016/09/05/27196782/colazo-has-accepted-melbourne-citys-offer-agent 

3 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

this article has his agent confirming via a radio interview.  agents being agents you do have to take it with a grain of salt, but does give decent evidence of the deal being done since

(a.) any delay in announcement by Melbourne City revolve around external elements surrounding a second passport for Colazo (which also explains the earlier interest from Italian clubs), and

(b.) i cant see where the angle would be in announcing that Colazo if he wasnt coming here - the Italian clubs have had plenty of time to have gotten the deal done previously and Boca wouldnt seem likely to nudge his wage up given Colazo has had limited game time.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2016/09/05/27196782/colazo-has-accepted-melbourne-citys-offer-agent 

He´s not going to Italy, those deals fell through last window. The two clubs going for his signature are us and Colón (Santa Fe)

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

lol there is no way we are winning shit whilst JVS is manager. At least most of the new players have two year contracts so at least the new manager can work with the same squad

2 year conracts are worthless. The League has turned into an annual fantasy league in reality (which just sounds weird).

It's a now or never mentality.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

Very decent pedigree. 

Not the tallest of players for a defender but Boca are a decent side and he has been a regular!

Wait, has this boy played since 2013?

4 matches in 2015/16 - apparently is out of favour with the new manager and hence why he wants to leave.

Transfermarkt shows he last played 16th May 2016. I don't see it as a big deal - our last A-League match was on 22nd April 2016.

In 2014/15 he played 45 matches.

Has actually been with Boca since he was 9 years old, with only one season elsewhere. He's 26 years of age and  I don't think any A-League club could ask for more in a player.

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic
  • jw1739 unlocked this topic