Melbourne Football

Nicolas Colazo

Deviant

2 hours ago, SF33 said:

I think he's been fantastic. With a proven scoring target up front, his crosses could have yielded another 2-3. He's been spot on.

Kilkenny clearly culpable for that second goal, as far as I'm concerned. Surely you stay between your opponent and the goal in such a dangerous spot.

Thought the fact that he was more a midfielder showed in that moment. Our defense giving us issues again.

22 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Looked good off the bench yesterday, he's now scored two goals in two games. Hopefully he's coming into form finally

Looks like he came onto play in the centre. In my opinion that's where he is best, with his touch and vision. He's too slow on the wing and doesn't get enough ball especially with Rose behind him.  Drop Brattan for him and watch Nicolas get 10 assists when the season ends.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Marquee on paper only. If he was a visa within the cap as Jakobsen Fernando then you could argue he has as good seasons  (mainly due to the others injury).  

Not holding my breath that he will turn it on in finals but if he can then maybe a few will have changed opinions of him.

Not our worst Marquee ever but still underwhelming. 

46 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Marquees are the players you build the starting XI around. A player that when they dont play there is a huge difference within the team, game changers etc. Is he any of those? No

I won't say he makes a huge difference, but certainly a noticeable one. Missed 5 matches due to a burst ear drum, and one more. Four goals, four assists. Only decent corner taker that we have, and should have taken more free kicks and penalties IMO; being a genuine left-footer he adds a genuine point of difference in these dead-ball situations. Best crosser of the ball we have. He and Fitzy should be our starting wingers every match IMO.

6 hours ago, playmaker said:

As has been said many times before, the Colazo Cahill combination should have been our stock attack from the beginning and by this time of the season the chemistry would have been there. Unfortunately........ well we all know the rest of my post. Potential lost.

What happened to fitzy? And all his contributions 

17 minutes ago, silva10 said:

I honestly believe he would be better playing through the middle as a 10. He could be more creative there.

The few times he has drifted /played central he has been almost invisible. 

Caceras is our only genuine central attacking mid and why he is not locked in at this point of the season is just dumb. 

I'd prefer Brandan if fit, centrally to Colazo. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

The few times he has drifted /played central he has been almost invisible. 

Caceras is our only genuine central attacking mid and why he is not locked in at this point of the season is just dumb. 

I'd prefer Brandan if fit, centrally to Colazo. 

I don't think he is strong enough to play on the wing though. I do agree with Caceres. He has been messed about this season to accommodate other players. Most notably Cahill.

• Like 3

My brother put a different spin on his performance. If Colazo was playing in the Argentinian 2nd division, then the A-League is not that far behind since he has had as much impact here as he has had in the second division. Of course, this could also mean that he is ready for the Argentinian 3rd division.

8 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

most disappointing visa we've ever had, migliorini even had a bigger effect in his short time  
(honourable mentions for gray and hughes)

lol Migiliorini scored those two goals in a game we didnt even win and thats all he did

44 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

I'd actually keep him provided he was well under the cap and played at LB

So would I. He's just being picked on because he's a "marquee." That doesn't mean he's paid a lot, just that he's outside the cap. He's the only player we have who can actually cross the ball and find someone in the box, especially in the air, and he's good in dead-ball situations.

Yes, he's been disappointing (haven't they all?) and yes we could have done better for a second marquee, but he doesn't deserve abuse.

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So would I. He's just being picked on because he's a "marquee." That doesn't mean he's paid a lot, just that he's outside the cap. He's the only player we have who can actually cross the ball and find someone in the box, especially in the air, and he's good in dead-ball situations.

Yes, he's been disappointing (haven't they all?) and yes we could have done better for a second marquee, but he doesn't deserve abuse.

Matt Windley told me he is on a mil. Just throwing it out there

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Matt Windley told me he is on a mil. Just throwing it out there

Good God! If I'd thought about it, I suppose he must be, since our wages bill is touted as being around 9m. Puts a different perspective on it that's for sure!

15 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Gone!

SBS article direct quote from Valkanis. Also Sorensen retired. 

I bet they couldn't wait to get the fk out of this head case of a club. We are going to be the laughing stock of their peers, they will never experience anything quite like this ever again. Lets just hope they are not mentally scarred because of it.

6 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I bet they couldn't wait to get the fk out of this head case of a club. We are going to be the laughing stock of their peers, they will never experience anything quite like this ever again. Lets just hope they are not mentally scarred because of it.

Considering all the Boca fans that I spoke to in Argentina thought he was shite, I think Nico is as much the problem as our "head case of a club."

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

Considering all the Boca fans that I spoke to in Argentina thought he was shite, I think Nico is as much the problem as our "head case of a club."

Hopefully he's not too scarred to go back to sitting on the bench in Argentina

7 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Ha ha. Really funny considering that all players on our team are Boca level right? FFS this guy was the most skillful play we had and if it wasnt for the head fks we have managing, he would have been consistently one of our key player, which is what a Marquee should be.

Did we watch the same guy? He has some ok technical ability but he had a tendency to completely phantom most games, I can think of around 4 where he looked decent and 1 where he looked marquee quality. Fact is we paid him marquee wages and he didn't put in marquee performances. He won't be missed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Did we watch the same guy? He has some ok technical ability but he had a tendency to completely phantom most games, I can think of around 4 where he looked decent and 1 where he looked marquee quality. Fact is we paid him marquee wages and he didn't put in marquee performances. He won't be missed.

Have u watched the rest of our team. Such as kamau, muscat, bouzanis. Or r u too busy bagging colazo even though he scored like 4 goals and assisted 4 and he has hardly played. Same with fitzy.

Hmm people should really stop praising kamau

Just now, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Have u watched the rest of our team. Such as kamau, muscat, bouzanis. Or r u too busy bagging colazo even though he scored like 4 goals and assisted 4 and he has hardly played. Same with fitzy.

Hmm people should really stop praising kamau

I will start by kindly not ripping into you for raising the Kamau straw-man because I don't think you have the capacity to process it.

They are held to a different standard because Kamau is 20 and probably on fuck all coin, Colazo is 26 and allegedly earning $1m a season. Context my friend, nothing happens in a vacuum.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I will start by kindly not ripping into you for raising the Kamau straw-man because I don't think you have the capacity to process it.

They are held to a different standard because Kamau is 20 and probably on fuck all coin, Colazo is 26 and allegedly earning $1m a season. Context my friend, nothing happens in a vacuum.

I hope kamau does well in the future. But to pick kamau oven Fitzgerald and colazo who colazo played aside tevez and osvaldo is outrageous. Colazo is a  much better players. He was never played because valkanis and jvs r retarded

7 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Kamau is not 20. He's 22. It's a myth that he's "a young player." And I'm afraid I have to agree with Playmaker. When you're looking at a team in the A-League you should judge the players against an A-League "standard." Whether any of our players were any good in some other league is irrelevant - what counts is how they rate in our league.

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic
  • jw1739 unlocked this topic