Melbourne Football

Strider Presents - Victory derby v1

Hughesie27

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

I think it was another protest. Not saying it isnt lame but dont think it was accidental (like their famous poo in a scarf tifo)

OK I'll be the one who asks 

What the fuck is holding a banner upside down going to do anything apart look like your knobs who can't hold a banner the correct way 

• Like 1

How's the headline on the A-League website?

"Van't Schip hails Caltex Socceroo's stunning debut"

If they can take a minute out from whoring themselves to their sponsors, hopefully someone can let the FFA know that Cahill is probably more well known than the Socceroos.

2 hours ago, neio said:

OK I'll be the one who asks 

What the fuck is holding a banner upside down going to do anything apart look like your knobs who can't hold a banner the correct way 

Well its best not to try and get in the headapace of the north terrace decision makers, but i believe it is because they have been told by the ffa that they are not allowed to hang that banner. So it was held upside down in the same way a stolen banner is displayed. In their heads i am sure it seemed like a witty "fuck you" to the ffa but like a lot of their ideas it didnt really work that way in practice

Edited by KSK_47

Rohan Connally you fucking legend. Have so much respect for this guy, being an AFL man, defending soccer and having a go at the media targeting the flares last night instead of mentioning the game, the booing of the flare lighter or that the game is being targeted compared to other sports when they have incidents. Full kudos to him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Rohan Connally you fucking legend. Have so much respect for this guy, being an AFL man, defending soccer and having a go at the media targeting the flares last night instead of mentioning the game, the booing of the flare lighter or that the game is being targeted compared to other sports when they have incidents. Full kudos to him. 

He probably can because he doesnt work for News LTD. I do feel sorry for Dave Davutovic and Matt Windley. It would be tough acting like Rohan did when all of those people writing that bullshit are sitting next to them in the office. Plus, for all we know they could be saying something to them all the time, just not in public.

But still, good on him. Has always embraced having a strong domestic football league in AUS. One of the few AFL journos who do

Edited by Dylan

20 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

speaking of flares arent the tards on a suspended 3 point/50K penalty?

Yeah but so were West Sydney before last week. Nothing will be done. 

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Not sure why victree fans are upset. Being fucked in the arse is a normal lifestyle choice they make everyday so if anything I'd say they enjoyed last night. 

Funnily enough I attended the game with a few mates, one of whom is gay and a Victory fan. After the match he said he was planning on going out to a gay bar after the game but his arse was already sore enough after the game :tooth:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Tell you what. I've seen us play plenty of derbies, but last night was probably the most I've seen our team up for it. You could tell from the very first kickoff that there was a fire there. Every single player looked determined to win that game. You could see it with every goal celebration just how much it meant to them all. Every time we scored Cahill and Bruno looked just about ready to jump the fence and light a flare themselves. We wanted it more, in fact we wanted it desperately. And when we went 2-0 up we could have sat back and held on to our lead, but we came out and through pure determination and hard work scored a third. And then when they made it 3-1, we could have dropped our heads a bit, focussed on defending and not letting them start a comeback. But instead we went up the other end and scored a fourth just a minute later. This was certainly not an "if we win we win" performance. The culture in that dressing room looks sensational. This is going to be a big year 

So what do you put Heart players often being the complete opposite down to?

The front 6-7 are on a different level, better first touch, better at directing and weighting  a pass, better at close ball control, faster brains and faster legs.

9 minutes ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

The front 6-7 are on a different level, better first touch, better at directing and weighting  a pass, better at close ball control, faster brains and faster legs.

Yes, it's safe to sit in Row Z behind our goal now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

Obviously as you've mentioned the players are a class above many of the Heart players, but I think it mostly comes down to the personalities and attitudes of the players. As much as people on here would love us to have a team of 17 year olds, all of the older, experienced players in our squad are winners. They are smart and strong and are sensational leaders. As somebody mentioned earlier I think its players like Cahill, Fornaroli, Soresen and Kilkenny. Guys who are natural leaders and whos passion is infectious. I think its becoming clearer and clearer to the group that mediocrity will not be accepted. Very good to see

7 minutes ago, Tonyboozeadams said:

anyone got a link to a replay

2 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Obviously as you've mentioned the players are a class above many of the Heart players, but I think it mostly comes down to the personalities and attitudes of the players. As much as people on here would love us to have a team of 17 year olds, all of the older, experienced players in our squad are winners. They are smart and strong and are sensational leaders. As somebody mentioned earlier I think its players like Cahill, Fornaroli, Soresen and Kilkenny. Guys who are natural leaders and whos passion is infectious. I think its becoming clearer and clearer to the group that mediocrity will not be accepted. Very good to see

thanks homie

2 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Yeah but so were West Sydney before last week. Nothing will be done. 

Funnily enough I attended the game with a few mates, one of whom is gay and a Victory fan. After the match he said he was planning on going out to a gay bar after the game but his arse was already sore enough after the game :tooth:

surely you can see the difference between the two comments. i would (and do), as we all hopefully would, accept and celebrate our friends and family who are gay. i would not accept my friends and family being victory supporters. let's leave it to the other mob to be the ones who set off flares and yell "poofta" at the opposing players.

anyway. good game

Edited by hyperfuzz

4 minutes ago, hyperfuzz said:

surely you can see the difference between the two comments. i would, as we all hopefully would, accept and celebrate my friends and family being gay. i would not accept my friends and family being victory supporters.

anyway. good game

Celebrate? Fuck me dead. If your gay then whatever I don't care, your choice.  But celebrate? Geez come on. 

Edited by n i k o