Melbourne Football

Strider Presents - Victory derby v1

Hughesie27

22 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Only annoying thing of the night, and I actually called it before it happened: Cahill doing fuck all all game apart from scoring an absolutely rediculously good goal and therefore getting all the headlines.

Mate I would rather that than Ramsay and Mcallister or Mifsud doing fuck all.... 

• Like 3

Two words: Football.... Lesson... 

Before the game I really really didn't think I would be saying :

• Muscat was excellent;
  • Rose was very good;
  • Bouzanis didn't put a foot wrong;
  • we produced the best team performance in our history;
  • Cahill didn't do much but we scored 4.   

Was great to see it live and hear the silence in the stadium when the Victory supporters realised that they just couldn't live with us on the park tonight. 

Also find it interesting that Brattan, who has played so much as a number 6, and Kilkenny, who has usually played higher up, could swap roles and both be so immense. 

Big shout out to the Melburnians also. I was on the diagonally opposite side of the stadium and up high where the spiders live, so as far away from them as I could be in the ground and was very impressed by their constant noise and vigoour. Well done! Hardly a peep from the Tards, We stuffed them both on and off the park. Fantastic!

I really liked the "how shit are you, we're winning away" chant

....I wasn't impressed with the post game security arrangements that led to the city active area being cordoned off in such a way that I couldn't leave actually leave when I first wanted to (about 5-10 min after full time); they opened up a gap a few minutes later, and I overheard one of the security supervisors having a less than friendly chat with someone from either venue or management or something....

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Satisfying:D

Positives:

A real team performance, and a team performance for 90 minutes. 4 individual goal scorers

We really wanted to win and it showed

Clear signs of a system and a style.

Kamau ripped Georgevski a new arsehole. All imports played well

Cahill's early tackle on Baros set the tone for the evening.

Berisha sobbing after the game.

Negatives:

Intensity dropped after 80 minutes, partly because we didn't need it but we won't be able to keep it up for 90 minutes

No clean sheet although Rojas scored a classy goal

I wasn't there

Negatives (cont):

People still being unable to get the "Cahill's on fire" chant right...

• Like 1

Unbelievable night! This is honestly better than the 4-0 derby win! We were all over them from the get go. PRessure over the park was immense and not one player put a foot wrong tonight.

Could go on about it but honestly its all been said so not going to repeat anything.

• In love with Luke Brattan what a quality player
  • Bruno is a genius
  • Cahill's pressure and physical presence lifts the team 
  • Kamau and Brandan took the absolute piss out of their defence

Our most complete performance ever. GO YOU CITY BOYS

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Only annoying thing of the night, and I actually called it before it happened: Cahill doing fuck all all game apart from scoring an absolutely rediculously good goal and therefore getting all the headlines.

He can do fuck all every game but if he scores goals like that every game it's money well spent.

Next.

• Like 3

In terms of high points for this club, I'd say that this is bigger than either of our finals wins, because as great as they were, there was still a built-in ceiling, based on us finishing in the bottom half of the top six (and limping into the finals). Which makes me concerned about this Friday. It would be very easy for the team to get carried away with this result and look ahead to the Cup Semi Final. But we need to switch back on quickly. Perth looks like a quality team this year and we'll need to back up with another strong performance.

• Like 1

Definitely one of my best nights as a supporter of this club, and probably my favourite derby so far due to the sheer dominance we displayed. 4-1 absolutely flattered them it could have been double that tbh.

BOUZANIS: Distribution was quite good, especially his long passing. Was pressured into a couple of mistakes but nothing that cost us. Didn't look out of place at all tbh and I feel a lot more confident in his ability now. 

ROSE: Where are all of his haters now? Shut down the left side all game and created chances when he bombed forward. Looked confident and strong.

JACOBSEN: Fuck me dead, what a player. Big, strong and solid as a rock. His leardership at the back in place of Sorensen was immense and probably went a long way towards the result tonight. 

MUSCAT: Never thought I'd be praising a bloke named Muscat after a derby, but here we are. Looked a little shaky early on but quickly found his feet and played fantastic. Might want to check his back pocket for Mitch Austin.

KILKENNY: Defensively solid and created some great moves going forward. Played his role to perfection tonight and was part of an incredibly dominant midfield.

BRATTAN: MOTM for me by far, and considering how well our whole team played that is saying a lot. Filling the Aaron Mooy role perfectly so far, his passing is just out of this world and grabbed himself a goal. Flawless performance.

COLAZO: Very very impressive. Always dangerous when he had the ball at his feet. That assist to Bruno was sensational, this guy looks like the real deal.

KAMAU: This kid is something else. Georgevski couldn't get near him all night. That run and assist for Brattan's goal was fantastic, enjoy this kid while you can lads because he's going to Europe.

BRANDAN: Fuck this guy is rapid. Tore Jason Geria apart all night and just would not stop running. This is the kind of winger we've been crying out for. Reminds me of Novillo but with a bit more of a head on his shoulders. His goal was a top finish and a great way to round of an incredible night. 

CAHILL: What can you say? That goal was one of the best strikes I've ever witnessed live. Pretty good way to introduce yourself to the A-League! Even aside from the goal he was making a nuisance of himself, making tackles and running like mad. His tackle on Baro at the start was the kick we needed to fire up. His passion is so contagious. Top signing. 

FORNAROLI: Oh captain my captain. Was immense tonight as always. Scored a nice diving header and it was his determination to get back and tackle his opponent that lead to Brattan's goal. He was fired up tonight and he let the ref and everyone else know it. I love this guy so much.

CACERES, FITZGERALD, MALIK: Hard to tell as they came on late when the game was done, but seemed to play well.

Overall, one hell of a night. Can't wait to smash them again in the cup semi!

• Like 3

what a great performance.....agree with so many comments already on here

out of the starting line up only 2 were here last season, Bouzanis and Bruno

Sheesh we've made some good signings

I want to make mention of Kilkenny, who did all the unseen dirty work, ran the extra yards, made the tackles, held up the play, He shut down the attacking threat of FBK, who was unsighted, stiffled the midfield of Victory, this alllowed our other players to show their attacking flair and expose the Victory frailties and were there many 

I going to have a read of the Victory forum and have a laugh

Looking forward to Friday night

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, japiedog said:

I want to make mention of Kilkenny, who did all the unseen dirty work, ran the extra yards, made the tackles, held up the play, He shut down the attacking threat of FBK, who was unsighted, stiffled the midfield of Victory, this alllowed our other players to show their attacking flair and expose the Victory frailties and were there many 

This.

You won't see Kilkenny with to many MOM points, but hes arguably just as important as Fornaroli or Kamau is on the pitch and also has pushed Malik to the bench..

2 minutes ago, haz said:

This.

You won't see Kilkenny with to many MOM points, but hes arguably just as important as Fornaroli or Kamau is on the pitch and also has pushed Malik to the bench..

I'm not one to get over excited , but Fuck Me, last night was the best team effort shown by this club. our signings have been magnificent. Only JVS can stop this squad from winning the title

copied this from the Victory forum... a review of their players

not happy campers at all

Review of each player:

Thomas - Whatever
Geria - Sell this **** for as much as we can in January. He peaked 2 years ago, without his pace he has **** all to offer
Baro - All he did was knock it long and get bullied off the ball. Shithouse
Donachie - Couldn't do much with Baro next to him
Georgievski - Again, offers **** all and is a nutcase
Valeri - Hate to say it but he's not the same player anymore. He is ****ing finished.
Bozanic - Get the **** out of my club
Austin - Not much he could do, rarely got the ball, had no options
Fahid - He's finished
Rojas - Had barely any recovery time, not gonna blame him for it
Bes - No service, did nothing

Musky - Predictable, they knew we'd shit ourselves when pressured. That's what happens when you have no plan B. Good job.

1 minute ago, hyperfuzz said:

Small footnote but Berisha standing in an offside position in between Bouzanis and the ball as Rojas comes in should be offside, right?

...probably not but meh 

IMG_8671.PNG

IMG_8673.PNG

I thought that he was interfering with play so the goal should have been disallowed