Melbourne Football

Strider Presents - Victory derby v1

Hughesie27

14 minutes ago, Hughesie27 said:

First Derby of the season on 15th Oct but it's a home game for The Filth. What's ticket allocation like?  Is it easy enough for me to get a ticket in the City side?

Yeah. The club will email you details on how to buy. 

Word of warning. If you can imagine the worst footballing experience you've had and then double it. That's what it's like going there. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Yeah. The club will email you details on how to buy. 

Word of warning. If you can imagine the worst footballing experience you've had and then double it. That's what it's like going there. 

Experiences there haven't been great. But being there with ur own kind and outnumbered is great . Like when we lost 3-2 but we came back from being 2-0 down was fuckng sick. Loss was shit but the mini comeback was epic. Will be going again for sure. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Experiences there haven't been great. But being there with ur own kind and outnumbered is great . Like when we lost 3-2 but we came back from being 2-0 down was fuckng sick. Loss was shit but the mini comeback was epic. Will be going again for sure. 

For me it's like going to the dentist. 

Feel obliged but rarely enjoy it and at times very painful. But eventually you know it was worth it.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, n i k o said:

If it ps like last time there's an active and no active section side by side. 

Highlight for me is always the standard Victory family who purchase seats in the away supporter area (typifying the mong stereotype) and refuse to move from their reserved seats. Good laughs always follow.

But in all serious- how can people be so stupid as to do this- drives me up the wall. Same as people who purchase active support for socceroos but yell at others who stand up- you are the scum of the earth!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, True Until I die said:

Highlight for me is always the standard Victory family who purchase seats in the away supporter area (typifying the mong stereotype) and refuse to move from their reserved seats. Good laughs always follow.

But in all serious- how can people be so stupid as to do this- drives me up the wall. Same as people who purchase active support for socceroos but yell at others who stand up- you are the scum of the earth!

That literally would not be possible in the UK even if you tried. 

1 hour ago, True Until I die said:

So annoying. But at the same time enjoyable to see them do the walk of shame after security advise them to leave cos they hear the "Fuck off Victory" chants directed at em.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, playmaker said:

Went to the game with the family last year and thought it was very pleasant. Probably the best it ever has been. Had a great seats in the away allocated area and had a great time. Don't know why all the concerns about it apart from the fact that it's played on an oval. Will be going this year.

The view is atrocious, having our active bay next to the south end was a circus last year. Getting held in also sucks.

I'll be going but won't be going active (marathon the next day priorities ect.) 

• Like 1

You would have to pay me to go to that shit hole of a ground, no atmosphere, Oval ground and even with the seats in not near close enough to the game so i will stay home and watch it on TV and the playing surface is crap as well. 

The only good thing about that stadium is that it's right next door to Southern Cross Station.

Edited by johnno cpfc
  • Like 4

I've said several times that IMO City should do more for City members to be together in a decent area for our away derbies. We give the whole of the Northern End to Victory for our home derbies and we deserve better than we currently get at Etihad.

Like Johnno, Mrs JW and I won't go to Etihad under the current set-up.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...