Jump to content
Melbourne Football
thisphantomfortress

New Chants

Recommended Posts

Learn them or don't

credit to @bellydrum @Baka1 @seamolyons @elieanid @TBH

 

And they asked me where?
Where will you be?
Where will you beeeee?
I said MELBOURNE where my heart is freeeeee

We are Cityyy
Tra la la la la
We are Cityyy
Tra la la la la
We are Cityyy
Tra la la la la
We're the best football team in the land, yes we are
Melbourne City
Tra la la la la
Melbourne City
Tra la la la la
Melbourne City
Tra la la la la
We're the best football team in the land, yes we are


Here's to you Mel-bourne Ci-ty.....Melbourne loves you more than you would know. Whoaaa x2
LA LA LA LA LA whoaaaaa LA LA LA LA LA.......

You are my club -clap clap-
You'll always be -clap clap-
Melbourne City you're the team for me-clap clap
Red white and blue -clap clap-
We sing for you -clap clap-
We're Melburnians through and throughhhhh
(drum beat picks up)
Melbourne oleee Melbourne oleeeee
Melbourne ole ole oleeee
Melbourne oleee Melbourne oleeeee
Melbourne ole ole oleeeee

 


Everywhere you go, always sing for Melbourne City
Everywhere you go, always sing for Melbourne
Everywhere you go, always sing for Melbourne City
Everywhere you go, always sing for Melbourne, Melbourne City

Whoa whoa whoa, dadadadadadada

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Learn them or don't

credit to @bellydrum @Baka1 @seamolyons @elieanid @TBH

 

And they asked me where?
Where will you be?
Where will you beeeee?
I said MELBOURNE where my heart is freeeeee

We are Cityyy
Tra la la la la
We are Cityyy
Tra la la la la
We are Cityyy
Tra la la la la
We're the best football team in the land, yes we are
Melbourne City
Tra la la la la
Melbourne City
Tra la la la la
Melbourne City
Tra la la la la
We're the best football team in the land, yes we are


Here's to you Mel-bourne Ci-ty.....Melbourne loves you more than you would know. Whoaaa x2
LA LA LA LA LA whoaaaaa LA LA LA LA LA.......

You are my club -clap clap-
You'll always be -clap clap-
Melbourne City you're the team for me-clap clap
Red white and blue -clap clap-
We sing for you -clap clap-
We're Melburnians through and throughhhhh
(drum beat picks up)
Melbourne oleee Melbourne oleeeee
Melbourne ole ole oleeee
Melbourne oleee Melbourne oleeeee
Melbourne ole ole oleeeee

 


Everywhere you go, always sing for Melbourne City
Everywhere you go, always sing for Melbourne
Everywhere you go, always sing for Melbourne City
Everywhere you go, always sing for Melbourne, Melbourne City

Whoa whoa whoa, dadadadadadada

 

Really like them TBH.. Reckon the Olympiacos one would sound great!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Really like them TBH.. Reckon the Olympiacos one would sound great!

 

Of course ;) Hellas have the best chants ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking for a full chant list of the ones we use on a regular basis and I can't recall any of these chants being used this year is there any reason why?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,


For the upcoming game against Perth, we will be trying a new chant and if everyone in active can get into it, im sure we can pull it off. Would sound awesome and it would definitely be original. 
It would almost be like the "oh Melbourne boys" chant but everyone would do it normal to start and then we'd go off as soon as who evers capo fires up

 

https://youtu.be/u5oUAGIhv2s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Link to the actual part: 

 

Working off my work comp blocks shit like this so hard to share lol

 

What do you think of the it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon the Melbourne where my heart is free should get a run. I feel it's missing another line though gone to the effort of adding a final line. To me this is the best option.

 

And they asked me where?

Where will you be?

Where will you beeeee?

I said MELBOURNE where my heart is freeeeee

Melbourne's the team for meee

Edited by coys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just support any chant that refers to us as Melbourne as well as City bc we are the team in Melbourne.

Edited by IssySG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IssySG said:

I just support any chant that refers to us as Melbourne as well as City bc we are the team in Melbourne.

Bundoora, but close enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Simple, but effective. A slower, similar version to the chorus that Tards, WSW and Perth for "Horto Magiko". There's is more faster and has a bit of a different tune. 

Anyways: 

Verse 1 x2 > ALE AHOOO

ALE AHOOO

ALE ALE ALE AHOOO 

 

Verse 2  x2 > MELBOURNE CITYYY

FOR YOU WE SINGGG

LETS SCORE A GOAL AND GO MENTAL

then back to verse 1 and repeat. Any takers?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Baka1 said:

 Simple, but effective. A slower, similar version to the chorus that Tards, WSW and Perth for "Horto Magiko". There's is more faster and has a bit of a different tune. 

Anyways: 

Verse 1 x2 > ALE AHOOO

ALE AHOOO

ALE ALE ALE AHOOO 

 

Verse 2  x2 > MELBOURNE CITYYY

FOR YOU WE SINGGG

LETS SCORE A GOAL AND GO MENTAL

then back to verse 1 and repeat. Any takers?

 

yes please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the terrace just take the piss, and for a couple of minutes in the game just sit down and golf clap when something happens?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 1:26 AM, Baka1 said:

 Simple, but effective. A slower, similar version to the chorus that Tards, WSW and Perth for "Horto Magiko". There's is more faster and has a bit of a different tune. 

Anyways: 

Verse 1 x2 > ALE AHOOO

ALE AHOOO

ALE ALE ALE AHOOO 

 

Verse 2  x2 > MELBOURNE CITYYY

FOR YOU WE SINGGG

LETS SCORE A GOAL AND GO MENTAL

then back to verse 1 and repeat. Any takers?

 

I actually like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many good chants in the SPL St Jonstone is Sweet Caroline

In my opinion the best is by celtic just can't get enough (Depeche Mode)

Lyrics (only one word changed)
When I'm with you City
I go out of my head
And I just can't get enough
And I just can't get enough
All the things you do to me
And everything you said
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide as we fall in love
And I just can't seem to get enough of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inchcolm said:

There are many good chants in the SPL St Jonstone is Sweet Caroline

In my opinion the best is by celtic just can't get enough (Depeche Mode)

Lyrics (only one word changed)
When I'm with you City
I go out of my head
And I just can't get enough
And I just can't get enough
All the things you do to me
And everything you said
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide as we fall in love
And I just can't seem to get enough of

 

We do this. Just not very well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2018 at 10:56 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

We used to do it aiight. Don't really remember it getting much of a go last season. That said I spent half the season down the other end of the ground.

from memory, i dont reckon we used it at all last year.... needs to come back asap

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to the radio and this came on don't know if you have a song blasting out on the PA system when the team comes on to park but thought this would be appropriate. Canged a few lyrics but I am sure someone with abetter knowledge of the history could do better.

Changed the Lyrics to Heart and Soul referring to Melbourne Heart and the Spirit of the supporters

Race (The City family)

We built this city!

We built this city on Heart and Soul

Built this city

We built this city on Heart and Soul

Say you don't know me.

Or recognize my race.

Say you don't care who goes

To my kind of place.

Knee-deep on the Terrace

Singing with our mite

No one will ever scare us

Singing in the night.

(Chorus:)

City plays in Melbourne

Listen to the Terrace.

Don't you remember?

We built this city

We built this city on Heart and Soul

We built this city

We built this city on Heart and Soul

Built this city

We built this city on Heart and Soul.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...