Melbourne Football

Michael Jakobsen

GreenSeater

3 hours ago, SF33 said:

Agreed. I mentioned Australia's holier than thou attitude and the main reason that it's tiresome to me is that, at the risk of generalising, we're full of shit, basically.

In Terms of back chatting to the umpire the opposition, etc. appealing for wickets cricket seems to get a bit of free pass in the media compared to other sports that's for sure 

Yes the play acting doesn't sit comfortably with those of us who are a bit Old School and probably most who are of a younger ilk. Hopefully he doesn't do it again. 

But geez he is good. Piss Chapman of and play Malik there and we will look very solid at the back. Notwithstanding Rose has to go.... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JC22 said:

Just watched the replay and that was one of the highlights for me. He wasn't having anything from Besart he looked fucking crazy.

Almost got into a fight with Kilkenny as well. He's just a viking berserker, doesn't even know who his mates are and just wants to kill someone.

http://video.heraldsun.com.au/v/524876/City-teammates-almost-fight

Edited by bellydrum
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, rass said:

Wanted to kill Kilkenny because Kilkenny wouldn't let him kill Berisha.

Fornaroli wanted to kill them both, Cahill will kill anyone who won't let him be a winner and Brandan just wants to kill.

The whole team is fukn mad and it's brilliant. 

No longer the intimidated. 

This.

6 hours ago, bellydrum said:

Almost got into a fight with Kilkenny as well. He's just a viking berserker, doesn't even know who his mates are and just wants to kill someone.

http://video.heraldsun.com.au/v/524876/City-teammates-almost-fight

Someone needs to make a gif of Bouza shoving Berisha then Jakobsen dealing with him

3 hours ago, rass said:

Fornaroli wanted to kill them both, Cahill will kill anyone who won't let him be a winner and Brandan just wants to kill.

Out of likes for the first time ever.  Nearly choked laughing at this.  I love this squad.

5 hours ago, rass said:

I'm making this my sig. (as soon as i figure out how lel) 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

HOW DID THIS GUY NOT WIN THE BEST ON GROUND MEDAL?!?!?!

I thought he was clearly the best player, had a literal save, and defended amazing all night

My hero :clap::clap::clap:

Agree, he was my MOM tonight and was clearly best on the field. All he needs is a Ragnar haircut and he'll be perfect

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, a week after apparently being in the squad and a match day decision on whether to play, he's out of the squad altogether, without any explanation. Surprise, surprise. Do they think we're complete idiots?

I wish the A-League had a similar Thursday night show to coincide with the announcement of the teams (like the Tursday night AFL TV shows), so the commentators would actually put the blowtorch on the club publicly about issues like this. As it is, unless you play on Friday night, the first time you see a bit of impartial 'expert' analysis about your team is Sunday evening, where everyone has already forgotten about story lines like 'where the f*** is Jakobsen?'

Edit: I should have added how perplexing it is to hear the commentators make reference to his ongoing absence and trying to justify it with the explanation that they want to make sure he's cherry ripe for finals. FFS, you're in an absolute dogfight to get a home final (at best) out of this absolute shambles of a season. Has it not dawned on anyone yet that the games actually matter? That there's a reason that the top two teams during the season invariably end up playing against each other in the grand final? Apparently they think we've already sewn up the league, not Sydney. Why not rest our entire first team and just ease through these last three rounds to finish fifth, with a trip to Perth in the first week of finals to mercifully end the season?

Edited by SF33

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Well we are still hanging around aren't we?

Touche.

With regards to their internal reporting and updates of any long-term injuries (say, longer than three weeks), for a while I've pretty much taken any official announcement (beyond naming the player in the final lineup on match day) to be somewhere between taking creative licence and deliberately withholding information from supporters and members.

Either Jakobsen was never the slightest chance of playing last week (in which case, they just named him to delay the anger from supporters for another week), or he has had some sort of setback in the past week, which they haven't said a word about.