Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2016: Quarter-final v. WSW Wed 21 Sep 7.30pm AAMI Park

jw1739

Just now, jw1739 said:

So do I understand tonight's draw correctly?
The 4 (or 3 if WSW lose) A-League clubs go into Pot A and the non-league clubs into Pot B.
So it's inevitable that we will be away to a non-league club?

Pretty sure due to 1 state league team making it through to the semis, there will be one A-League vs A-League fixture. 

Or have a missed one of the many seeding rules?

well last years quarter final against Wellington was at aami so surely they'll do the same here. Plus with Cahill we could probably get a decent crowd. 

Should make it free for all members, and that way it gives an incentive for those who haven't signed up yet to get a membership and come to this game. 

No doubt Wanderers will bring a few fans down as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, heart_fan10 said:

well last years quarter final against Wellington was at aami so surely they'll do the same here. Plus with Cahill we could probably get a decent crowd. 

Should make it free for all members, and that way it gives an incentive for those who haven't signed up yet to get a membership and come to this game. 

If we and FFA want to maximise the impact of the Cahill factor then the match has to be at AAMI.

15 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Bro have you downloaded that face blur app for hools? You can upload direct to ultraz mentality facebook

Apparently all Subgroup Banners from all clubs are banned this Season in the A-League so these pics will be the only time PPL can hold up their banner.

2 minutes ago, cadete said:

Apparently all Subgroup Banners from all clubs are banned this Season in the A-League so these pics will be the only time PPL can hold up their banner.

With any luck this will go a long way to getting rid of them for the most part

• Like 1

10 hours ago, heart_fan10 said:

Or just make it free for anyone. 

City memebers get first crack at getting seats on the monday then open slather for anyone after wednesday.

Edited by HeartOfCity
Had more thoughts about it.

5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I like your insta as it is, its dank enough already.

TBH I wouldn't mind a regional game for this one, the Port Melbourne friendly reminded how much better suburban grounds are.

Well Ballarat is much warmer in late September than mid-July ;) 

Regional or suburban grounds are basically shit. 

AAMI is the best watching ground hands down. 

Don't get me wrong I'm all for grassroots and local clubs. I started my soccer education in the 80s tramping around all the melbourne NSL venues but that's gone now.

We are Melbourne City. I see no point playing anywhere but our home ground of AAMI. 

Edited by Jovan
All this of course is dependent on the sausage stand being open.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Regional or suburban grounds are basically shit.

AAMI is the best watching ground hands down.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for grassroots and local clubs. I started my soccer education in the 80s tramping around all the melbourne NSL venues but that's gone now.

We are Melbourne City. I see no point playing anywhere but our home ground of AAMI.

I think as a once a season FFA novelty a suburban/ regional trip is a bit of fun. I get that its an unpopular opinion and I don't have a family etc. to worry about getting to the game.

Practically speaking AAMI is the best choice, I just wouldn't mind it being played elsewhere for selfish reasons.

• Like 1