Melbourne Football
jw1739

I wonder...

I wonder why as soon as there is one allegation, suddenly there is a flood of others when it comes to public figures being naughty e.g. Weinstein. Why have these high profile figures taken so long to come out and say anything until now? Further to that, why is it everyone comes out now but when Corey Feldman was on about it for years nobody did? Hollywood is a weird place

jw1739    6,974
14 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I wonder why as soon as there is one allegation, suddenly there is a flood of others when it comes to public figures being naughty e.g. Weinstein. Why have these high profile figures taken so long to come out and say anything until now? Further to that, why is it everyone comes out now but when Corey Feldman was on about it for years nobody did? Hollywood is a weird place

I'm surprised that there's so much surprise about a Hollywood producer and sexual harassment claims by actresses/wannabe actresses etc. When I was a lad pretty much everyone joked about actresses auditioning for a part via the "casting couch." It's nothing new, nor surprising IMO. Show biz is like that.

I'm just getting rather tired of all this "outrage" about the sexploitation of women, when said women deliberately trade on their looks, spend a fortune on cosmetics and plastic surgery, spend a hell a lot of time endeavouring to make themselves "attractive" (to whom?), and deliberately wear as little as possible and expose as much flesh as they can at every possible opportunity.

• Like 3

bt50    3,239
15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm surprised that there's so much surprise about a Hollywood producer and sexual harassment claims by actresses/wannabe actresses etc. When I was a lad pretty much everyone joked about actresses auditioning for a part via the "casting couch." It's nothing new, nor surprising IMO. Show biz is like that.

I'm just getting rather tired of all this "outrage" about the sexploitation of women, when said women deliberately trade on their looks, spend a fortune on cosmetics and plastic surgery, spend a hell a lot of time endeavouring to make themselves "attractive" (to whom?), and deliberately wear as little as possible and expose as much flesh as they can at every possible opportunity.

You're mansplaining JW you mysoginist!

• Like 2