Melbourne Football

I wonder...

jw1739

I wonder why as soon as there is one allegation, suddenly there is a flood of others when it comes to public figures being naughty e.g. Weinstein. Why have these high profile figures taken so long to come out and say anything until now? Further to that, why is it everyone comes out now but when Corey Feldman was on about it for years nobody did? Hollywood is a weird place

14 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I wonder why as soon as there is one allegation, suddenly there is a flood of others when it comes to public figures being naughty e.g. Weinstein. Why have these high profile figures taken so long to come out and say anything until now? Further to that, why is it everyone comes out now but when Corey Feldman was on about it for years nobody did? Hollywood is a weird place

I'm surprised that there's so much surprise about a Hollywood producer and sexual harassment claims by actresses/wannabe actresses etc. When I was a lad pretty much everyone joked about actresses auditioning for a part via the "casting couch." It's nothing new, nor surprising IMO. Show biz is like that.

I'm just getting rather tired of all this "outrage" about the sexploitation of women, when said women deliberately trade on their looks, spend a fortune on cosmetics and plastic surgery, spend a hell a lot of time endeavouring to make themselves "attractive" (to whom?), and deliberately wear as little as possible and expose as much flesh as they can at every possible opportunity.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm surprised that there's so much surprise about a Hollywood producer and sexual harassment claims by actresses/wannabe actresses etc. When I was a lad pretty much everyone joked about actresses auditioning for a part via the "casting couch." It's nothing new, nor surprising IMO. Show biz is like that.

I'm just getting rather tired of all this "outrage" about the sexploitation of women, when said women deliberately trade on their looks, spend a fortune on cosmetics and plastic surgery, spend a hell a lot of time endeavouring to make themselves "attractive" (to whom?), and deliberately wear as little as possible and expose as much flesh as they can at every possible opportunity.

You're mansplaining JW you mysoginist!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I wonder...with all this "citizenship by descent" stuff going on...what are the ramifications for children adopted or otherwise being brought up by couples where one or both its "parents" is/are not its biological parent(s)? Does an adopted child legally assume the nationality of one or other of its adoptive parents? With same-sex marriage likely in due course what are the ramifications there - for example, who is the "father" of a child being brought up by a female+female couple?

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I wonder...with all this "citizenship by descent" stuff going on...what are the ramifications for children adopted or otherwise being brought up by couples where one or both its "parents" is/are not its biological parent(s)? Does an adopted child legally assume the nationality of one or other of its adoptive parents? With same-sex marriage likely in due course what are the ramifications there - for example, who is the "father" of a child being brought up by a female+female couple?

My mate is adopted, he is an Australian citizen and I believe he qualifies for a French passport as his adopted parents are French and a South Korean passport as that's where he was born.

Edit: I think so anyway I could be wrong.

Edited by GreenSeater

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Finally my make up of Irish Convict/Potato Famine Blood is actually worth something.... all my Great-Great-Grandparents were born in Australia and only one of my Great-Great-Great-Grandparents was born elsewhere.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 1:31 AM, jw1739 said:

Don't know much about submarines, but I wonder why they can't be fitted with a simple emergency buoy with transmitter etc. etc. that could be released and rise to the surface if the vessel becomes disabled in any way?

Actually smart. It would have to be attached to the body of the sub somehow. If not then as soon as it hits the surface it pings out the location at that point. Knowing Argentina though they probaly didnt even have life vests or basics on board

14 hours ago, haz said:

Actually smart. It would have to be attached to the body of the sub somehow. If not then as soon as it hits the surface it pings out the location at that point. Knowing Argentina though they probaly didnt even have life vests or basics on board

Be helpful if you wanted to sink it permanently. Nice and easy to find.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:45 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

Someone should start allegations about Australian Punters playing College Gridiron... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/01/2018 at 2:38 AM, haz said:

Mullet.    Mullets always get the Puss

The actor who plays Toad actually got kicked off the official neighbors tour for constantly trying to nail UK backpackers in Pub Toilets.

He was so into it he even then tried to start his own separate tour... He also is a big Gers fan so I am guessing it was his only way of getting any action.

I wonder why it is necessary for young children to have a smartphone?

We have two families who moved into our street in the past year. In both cases the parents restrict the use of devices and the TV. It's bloody uplifting to see all the kids - 7 in all - playing cricket in the street every day in the holidays.

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I wonder why it is necessary for young children to have a smartphone?

We have two families who moved into our street in the past year. In both cases the parents restrict the use of devices and the TV. It's bloody uplifting to see all the kids - 7 in all - playing cricket in the street every day in the holidays.

What age does it become ok to have a smartphone?

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I have no idea why a great many people have them.

I think once the kids start to do things on their on (go to the shops, cinema etc.) they should have a phone, not a smartphone though. My kids will be getting a smartphone no younger then 15 (got my first one when I was 16, before that it was the good 'ol Nokia brick).

Disclaimer: Im only 22 and dont have kids

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tesla said:

My kids will only be allowed to have a phone after successfully developing a billion dollar app. 

Just adopt a team of Chinese kids and train them up. Government will probaly pay you if you say youre fostering them.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I wonder...what the world is coming to when I read stuff like this -  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-06/afp-to-extend-schools-cybersafety-program-to-kindergarten-kids/9400898

Theres some fucked up people in the world. But the problem can be solved if kids arnt given electronic devices! I have said this so many times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Wise words of someone without kids.

Yes I understand the problems, and no I dont have kids. I just think there is ways of keeping them occupied without using devices connected to the intenet? Watching TV or maybe a phone with no simcard and one folder with only games

9 hours ago, haz said:

Yes I understand the problems, and no I dont have kids. I just think there is ways of keeping them occupied without using devices connected to the intenet? Watching TV or maybe a phone with no simcard and one folder with only games

Very true and seriously it can and should be done. But when your running around all day and got a shitload of stuff still to do and your kids (if you one kid only then you have way less of an issue) start busting your balls to play or do things you need a fall back. 

Now tbh I'm pretty good and limit their electronic use and pretty much zero internet access without me but as they get older maybe 10 plus as I've seen with friends kids it becomes almost impossible. It's actually scary.

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Very true and seriously it can and should be done. But when your running around all day and got a shitload of stuff still to do and your kids (if you one kid only then you have way less of an issue) start busting your balls to play or do things you need a fall back. 

Now tbh I'm pretty good and limit their electronic use and pretty much zero internet access without me but as they get older maybe 10 plus as I've seen with friends kids it becomes almost impossible. It's actually scary.

The worst part is when I have kids sometime in the future this problem will only get worse