Melbourne Football

I wonder...

jw1739

3 hours ago, Baka1 said:

I wonder if the rich 1% will ever decide to release the cure for cancers. Who am I kidding @strider

FYI I have this theory that cancer is linked directly to the rise of technology. For example, all the telephone signals/WIFI signals etc etc etc. Radiation, etc. Hence the epidemic-like rise of cancer in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. 

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

Cancer and AIDS balances out the earths population to a degree so why would they want to release the cure for either

Also this. Only masonic, satanic, pedo (pizzagate-esque) and/or jew celebs have enough money/connections to cure cancer. 

5 hours ago, strider said:

FYI I have this theory that cancer is linked directly to the rise of technology. For example, all the telephone signals/WIFI signals etc etc etc. Radiation, etc. Hence the epidemic-like rise of cancer in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.  

I think the increased rate is partly due to the fact that we are now surviving other things that were killing us off before. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, malloy said:

I think the increased rate is partly due to the fact that we are now surviving other things that were killing us off before. 

52 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

And an increase in our ability to actually diagnose and recoginise what we are dealing with

disagree tbh. Chemtrails most likely 

9 hours ago, Tesla said:

I wonder why no federal government has fixed the fact that the states have to rely on the Commonwealth for so much funding in the first place. 

Because they want it that way... because they want to have their say on as many things as possible.

The amount of power that Commonwealth Government yields over the states since Federation has done nothing but significantly increased over time despite which Party is in Federal Government.

This is even despite the fact that when you read the Constitution and the listed roles the Federal Government was meant to be restricted to it is quite obvious that the Federal Government was never designed to have so much power over the States. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cadete said:

Because they want it that way... because they want to have their say on as many things as possible.

The amount of power that Commonwealth Government yields over the states since Federation has done nothing but significantly increased over time despite which Party is in Federal Government.

This is even despite the fact that when you read the Constitution and the listed roles the Federal Government was meant to be restricted to it is quite obvious that the Federal Government was never designed to have so much power over the States. 

The way the distribution of power has evolved I can see a move in the next few decades an abolition of the states and the growth of local government.  

We are way over governed in comparison to population and overlapping of government services/responsibilities. 

Weather thats a good thing or not I'm undecided just an observation. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

The way the distribution of power has evolved I can see a move in the next few decades an abolition of the states and the growth of local government.  

We are way over governed in comparison to population and overlapping of government services/responsibilities. 

Weather thats a good thing or not I'm undecided just an observation. 

You actually think the Australian Electorate would vote to abolish Federalism and their State Governments in a Referendum to end all Referendums?

Such a motion would be beyond pointless in WA, SA, QLD and Tasmania... and probably would not even pass in Victoria or NSW.

3 hours ago, cadete said:

Definitely, and as long as the states need to beg to the fed for money, the fed can continue to take their power. It's a fucked cycle that only keeps eroding the power and finances of the states. 

Edited by Tesla

11 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Definitely, and as long as the states need to beg to the fed for money, the fed can continue to take their power. It's a fucked cycle that only keeps eroding the power and finances of the states. 

The High Court has traditionally (at least since the 20s) been federalists too. So when you have the other arm of the supposedly separated powers (executive doesn't count, indistinguishable from legislative in aus) supporting you it is easy to take more and more from the States.

59 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The High Court has traditionally (at least since the 20s) been federalists too. So when you have the other arm of the supposedly separated powers (executive doesn't count, indistinguishable from legislative in aus) supporting you it is easy to take more and more from the States.

It does not help that the Constitution only has the Federal Powers written down and not the States... hence why its easier for the High Court to come down on the Federal Government's side as they at least have a list of powers that can be interpreted. 

I wonder is it possible to have a different voice and as an extension to that a different personality in a different language. 

There is a bloke I know and in everyday conversation he has a whiny naisly high pitched voice. He isn't paticularly masculine and imo not that attractive or appealing . He is also not loaded. Anyway I recently met his wife and she is Spanish and he speaks Spanish fluently but is anglo. He lived there for a decade or so. But she is a total babe and when he is with her and when he speaks Spanish he is completely different personality. 

I wonder is this possible? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

I wonder is it possible to have a different voice and as an extension to that a different personality in a different language. 

There is a bloke I know and in everyday conversation he has a whiny naisly high pitched voice. He isn't paticularly masculine and imo not that attractive or appealing . He is also not loaded. Anyway I recently met his wife and she is Spanish and he speaks Spanish fluently but is anglo. He lived there for a decade or so. But she is a total babe and when he is with her and when he speaks Spanish he is completely different personality. 

Fuck me that first para broke my mind a bit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

I think it's fact that personality changes with the language you speak with. I'm much more cocky, sarcastic, honest and to an extent warmer when using my native language compared to english where i'm restricted from using the words i want so as to not trigger half the populace

Edited by jeffplz

3 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I think it's fact that personality changes with the language you speak with. I'm much more cocky, sarcastic, honest and to an extent warmer when using my native language compared to english where i'm restricted from using the words i want so as to not trigger half the populace

im very violent when speaking arabic (100% srs, no troll)

I wonder why there is still that type of bloke who tries to call themselves a Musicians to PPL (in particular girls) in 2017.

In one minute she can run a Google Search and see your band books no gigs so you can hardly be making an income from being a Musician.

Then in a couple of more minutes she can see the Music your band has uploaded on the web that is not even remotely listenable.

Then she will finally she sees the band pictures of you with a group of awkward blokes posing for a band photo in really bad (Brought for the Picture) Industrie Overcoats and Boots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cadete said:

I wonder why there is still that type of bloke who tries to call themselves a Musicians to PPL (in particular girls) in 2017.

In one minute she can run a Google Search and see your band books no gigs so you can hardly be making an income from being a Musician.

Then in a couple of more minutes she can see the Music your band has uploaded on the web that is not even remotely listenable.

Then she will finally she sees the band pictures of you with a group of awkward blokes posing for a band photo in really bad (Brought for the Picture) Industrie Overcoats and Boots. 

You give girls who are impressed by muso's too much credit.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I wonder if gay couples share clothes or if that's off limits

I know my brother and his ex-boyfriend used to share clothes occasionally, but not often as his ex was very flamboyant and he isn't. FWIW he says that just about the most annoying thing about him now having a girlfriend (he's bi) is that she steals all his hoodies and t-shirts all the time and he can't steal all of her stuff.

2 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I know my brother and his ex-boyfriend used to share clothes occasionally, but not often as his ex was very flamboyant and he isn't. FWIW he says that just about the most annoying thing about him now having a girlfriend (he's bi) is that she steals all his hoodies and t-shirts all the time and he can't steal all of her stuff.

Fascinating, I just think that to an extent peoples clothes define them (superficial I know) I wouldnt want to share them