Melbourne Football

Friendly vs Hume City FC: ABD Stadium, Tuesday 16th August, 7:30pm

jeffplz

12 minutes ago, neio said:

Would you say rose was playing safe?  Just getting his defensive duties done first up,  as I remember him bombing down the left continuously when he was playing at ccm and they were a good team or did it look more structure reasons why he stayed back but more 

Yeah could chalk it up to playing safely early on, definitely.

I'll mention we did look a little lacklustre in general on the left hand side (Rose, Caceres and Fitzy) and most of our attack was on the right. Fitzy should have gone on to have a shot a couple of times (with most of his teammates screaming for him to do so) but instead he held it up and tried to centre it or go backwards, both times leading to a fizzling out. Granted, Garuccio was defending the right hand side and Elrich was on the left, so it could have been a strategy to go on the right more. But I would love to see him a bit goal-hungrier because, after all, he was playing in Novillo's spot and he certainly would have gone for goal.

1 hour ago, illeatyourheart said:

Yeah could chalk it up to playing safely early on, definitely.

I'll mention we did look a little lacklustre in general on the left hand side (Rose, Caceres and Fitzy) and most of our attack was on the right. Fitzy should have gone on to have a shot a couple of times (with most of his teammates screaming for him to do so) but instead he held it up and tried to centre it or go backwards, both times leading to a fizzling out. Granted, Garuccio was defending the right hand side and Elrich was on the left, so it could have been a strategy to go on the right more. But I would love to see him a bit goal-hungrier because, after all, he was playing in Novillo's spot and he certainly would have gone for goal.

Sounds pretty much like the Port match where we we more effective down the right (although no Kamau on that occasion). Fitzy is not a LW from what I've seen or heard so far.

14 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

Many times in today's game we got in wide areas where we could've crossed the ball but on nearly all occasions we didn't. 
We looked considerably undersized in that facet today and were trying to walk goals

Timmy should help with this.