Melbourne Football

Friendly vs Hume City FC: ABD Stadium, Tuesday 16th August, 7:30pm

jeffplz

2 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

Select XI... great prep for the FFA cup CFG and JVS.. pricks

I look at it a different way. As it stood we didn't have a match between now and the Brisbane FFA Cup match anyway, and we're fielding a "select XI" against Hume because they can't very well play a friendly against Victory only 8 days before their cup match against them. IMO we might see a few minutes from Kilkenny and Rose, perhaps Franjic, but I doubt many of our starting XI will play.

2 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Sure, just pop in ... you'll be fine.  If they question you just tell em you've never been to a game before and you are thinking about becoming member and you'll get the royal treatment

And don't mention anything about the coach.

36 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Muscat played pretty well while I was there in the first half. Was look to overlap with Kamau and use Kilkenny on the inside.

Rose looked good in defence but didn't offer much going forward. Passed it backwards too much for mine, but he looked ok considering it was his first outing for us.

Would you say rose was playing safe?  Just getting his defensive duties done first up,  as I remember him bombing down the left continuously when he was playing at ccm and they were a good team or did it look more structure reasons why he stayed back but more