Melbourne Football

Rio 2016 Olympics

Jovan

I have actually surprised myself the amount I've been into. Obviously the football with the Matildas but the basketball both mens and woman. I have sat through some archery even. Whatever is on I've been willing to watch and the 3 channels really improves the experience. 

lmao football "powerhouse" brazil trembling before the mighty lions of Mesopotamia, the great cradle of civilization, a nation which rose from the ashes of the biblical Babylon, a nation broken to pieces by the capitalist, zionist white man, the last beating heart of the middle east

IRAQ

ali_adnan_88889999.jpg

1 hour ago, strider said:

lmao football "powerhouse" brazil trembling before the mighty lions of Mesopotamia, the great cradle of civilization, a nation which rose from the ashes of the biblical Babylon, a nation broken to pieces by the capitalist, zionist white man, the last beating heart of the middle east

IRAQ

ali_adnan_88889999.jpg

You forgot your trademark "allahu akbar".

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

My god it's great.

Indeed, this sport sculptures so many perfect female bodies.

Apart from the Chinese, doesn't do shit for them for some reason, they are just thin / no shape despite putting in all that gymnastics work. Probably some dodgy drug cheating shit going on.

Also worth noting, for men and women, gymnastics actually the GOAT sport in a way, it is probably the greatest test of all round physical ability. Strength, flexibility, balance, etc.

Anyone that doesnt fuck with gymnastics doesnt know shit about life.

Signing my future son up for gymnastics when he hits 3 years old. Become a beast, win a gold medal, and smash hot gymnastics bitches along the way, ez life.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

The athleticism is incredible. Flying around doing flips and shit. It's not like other sports where 99% of the population can do it to an OK level fairly easily (eg. Kicking/throwing a ball). A random off the street would likely kill themselves trying to do the most basic things in an Olympic Gymnastics routine.

Edited by Jimmy

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The athleticism is incredible. Flying around doing flips and shit. It's not like other sports where 99% of the population can do it to an OK level fairly easily (eg. Kicking/throwing a ball). A random off the street would likely kill themselves trying to do the most basic things in an Olympic Gymnastics routine.

Most would be even harder than it looks, I reckon rings especially would be fucked. There's no way even 5% of the population can lift themselves up on the rings, let alone attempt a single manoeuvre. 

The woman in the 10,000m is a clear cut example of what it looks like when someone is a drug cheat in a sport where the others are clean.

I'm not saying other sports are necessarily clean, rather perhaps a lot of people are doping. If one person is doping in a clean sport, and I mean doing it properly not some weight loss drug or whatever but actual performance enhancing shit they'll dominate clean athletes.

The best athletes have won the genetic lottery and are obviously a fair bit ahead of the average person, but even then there are limits to how good someone can be and even at the very top it should be pretty close between the best.

Completely dominating should ring major alarm bells.

On 8/19/2016 at 7:01 AM, Shahanga said:

Professional boxers, no head gear, sus results. I've seen enough.

The time has come to remove boxing from the Olympics.

To be fair, no head gear is becoming increasingly more common among amateur combat sports as it has been shown in some cases to be safer. 

Sus results by the dozen however.

michael-conlan-in-the-ring-after-losing-