Melbourne Football

Melbourne Knights vs Melbourne City 26/07/16

True Until I die

Just now, bt50 said:

I reckon Sir Emmanuel Muscat will assume this position for the season tbh. A bit of a hack sure, but an underrated player in these circles. Very flexible and can play anywhere across the back four.

Thats fine with me. Just get Clisby out of the starting eleven. Question is who's going to play right back though? Franjic body is as reliable as a nigerian bank account. 

43 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Thats fine with me. Just get Clisby out of the starting eleven. Question is who's going to play right back though? Franjic body is as reliable as a nigerian bank account. 

Wouldnt be surprised if we finally see Elrich move over. Wassnt he pretty keen to get a move to us?

1 minute ago, GreenSeater said:

Looks like we will be losing to Wellington at least 3 times this season.

Fernando was rusty as hell last night, to be expected. But eager and ready to please, it seems. Bit of mongrel in him too - a couple of taps early on from his marker was met with a fairly industrial retaliation mid-way through the half. The defender suddenly became more respectful. 

But yeah, head like a smacked arse. He's certainly from the Geelong side of Argentina. 

19 minutes ago, Jovan said:

@n i k o I know he is pretty young but what's your thoughts on Arzani?

Personal opinion is he's a tidy player that has a good attacking mindset. I like that he has a willingness to take on players in order to get the ball forward and will also utilise player around him to get into more advanced positions. Watching his videos playing at junior level he appears to take on a more creative role so I like that he's understanding his role in the first team and not doing a Kuzi. If he keeps playing the team role while bringing his creativity/flare when needed he'll progress nicely. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

While I'm at it I've lost count the last 2 games how often Clisby has misjudged a header from a kick that come from the oppositions goalkeeper. I know he had some alright games last season but fuck, he cant be a starting player. 

Last season it wasn't until Chapman and Clisby played together in the cup semi final that i realised just how poor in the air those two guys were (I guess with Paartalu and Kisnorbo around it didn't stand out).  Neither were at the basic minimum standard you would expect from professionals defenders.

Your post suggests Jack hasn't improved is heading much over the off season, which given there is no Kisnorbo to save the day at every corner, is a bit of a worry.

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Last season it wasn't until Chapman and Clisby played together in the cup semi final that i realised just how poor in the air those two guys were (I guess with Paartalu and Kisnorbo around it didn't stand out).  Neither were at the basic minimum standard you would expect from professionals defenders.

Your post suggests Jack hasn't improved is heading much over the off season, which given there is no Kisnorbo to save the day at every corner, is a bit of a worry.

Agree. We already have reason for concern about our defence. Aerially we're fucked.  

More and more the need for a Marquee center back screams out. If not then Visa as a minimum. If we go into another season with such an obvious weakness then we are pretty much cooked. Malik, Chapman, Ruon, Muscat and Clisby will not cut it for a title.

Just put in a gun CB and we have a serious squad. 

21 minutes ago, pattyd89 said:

Pep isn't letting players train with the first team if he thought they were fat.. can't re join until they get into shape. He's cut juices and pizza from the menu. 

Edit: Got the point, fucking work stress fucking up my brain.  

Im suprised how some players allow themselves to get that overweight. Brattan would be a good 5-10 kilos over what he should be. 

Edited by n i k o