Melbourne Football

Neil Kilkenny

haz

On 30/04/2017 at 0:12 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

I didnt actually drink. The night itself was nice but there was a real sense of disappointment around the place. Nothing major to report back besides a vibe tommy s may be staying on in a coaching capacity.

IIRC there was something originally with Sorensen when news broke of him signing with us around him moving into some sort of coaching role with CFG, quite possibly explains why there was no movement / him leaving mid season to free up a visa space.  love the sound of it in any case.

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

IIRC there was something originally with Sorensen when news broke of him signing with us around him moving into some sort of coaching role with CFG, quite possibly explains why there was no movement / him leaving mid season to free up a visa space.  love the sound of it in any case.

He has already held Coaching Sessions in Abu Dhabi under the CFG name. So hopefully he at least stays with us rather then go to NY or Manchester.

Link: http://sport360.com/gallery/football/178827/in-pictures-thomas-sorensen-coaches-uae-kids-at-city-football-schools-in-abu-dhabi

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

If in January Kilkenny hasn’t broken into the starting squad we need to move him on 

no point wasting a Visa spot on a non starting player.

my opinion is he should start ahead of Malik - but can’t fault Malik’s first 2 games. 

🤣😕

If only Socceroo players (with, say, 14 caps) weren't visa players - imagine how many would play more games here 🤔

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bumped into Killer before the match.

asked some questions regarding his future and how can he go from Player of the season to persona non gratis 

I told I don't want to know the gory details, I do respect the players privacy

He did mention that that is how the manager wants the team,  I made mention that Wazza had commented on Killer's professionalism to me at a match. 

I asked if he was off to Asia in the January Transfer window. He said no, he is staying. 

he said that when he came to City, he was staying in Australia to play not moving again

maybe that doesn't rule out an A league move I don't know 

Killer could have chatted to me for 20 minutes if I had wanted , he seemed to want to talk about it 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

Bumped into Killer before the match.

asked some questions regarding his future and how can he go from Player of the season to persona non gratis 

I told I don't want to know the gory details, I do respect the players privacy

He did mention that that is how the manager wants the team,  I made mention that Wazza had commented on Killer's professionalism to me at a match. 

I asked if he was off to Asia in the January Transfer window. He said no, he is staying. 

he said that when he came to City, he was staying in Australia to play not moving again

maybe that doesn't rule out an A league move I don't know 

Killer could have chatted to me for 20 minutes if I had wanted , he seemed to want to talk about it 

So his face is not slappable after all? 

• 2 weeks later...

He will certainly leave. A player of his quality, he will be very sought after.

All this talk about players who “could walk into our side”. Right here we have someone who could (walk into the side) on any metric you care to examine and yet he isn’t playing. Puzzling hardly describes it.

Edited by Shahanga

3 hours ago, fiji19 said:

Is there any reason as to why he hasnt played?

Neil doesnt strike me as the sort of lad that has a shit attitude, would strike me as someone who would be first in and last out at training. 

Decent player as well.

Is it just that Joyce doesnt rate him

I reckon he would crack the shits real easy if something doesnt go his way.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, fiji19 said:

Is there any reason as to why he hasnt played?

Neil doesnt strike me as the sort of lad that has a shit attitude, would strike me as someone who would be first in and last out at training. 

Decent player as well.

Is it just that Joyce doesnt rate him

Killer likes to tell everybody what he thinks. Wazza wants ppl to shut the fcuk up and obey his instructions. You can see why they wouldn’t get on ;)

13 hours ago, HEARTinator said:

Killer likes to tell everybody what he thinks. Wazza wants ppl to shut the fcuk up and obey his instructions. You can see why they wouldn’t get on ;)

If that’s the case then you could make the argument that he’s exactly the kind of player we should have moved on immediately in order to support the culture change Joyce was brought in to oversee. 

5 hours ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

If that’s the case then you could make the argument that he’s exactly the kind of player we should have moved on immediately in order to support the culture change Joyce was brought in to oversee. 

Yep, correct. And if we apply Wazza’s approach to Timmy we can see that he was left with next to no option but to move Timmy out of the club. Cahill shot his mouth off and pretty much demanded Wazza pick him in the squad so that he got game time and increase his chance of going to Russia. Well no self respecting coach can accomodate that kind of demand and still expect to get respect from the rest of the squad.

Edited by HEARTinator

This whole situation with him is has been a complete fuck up from the club and wazza.

Here we have arguably our best player from last season, suddenly now not even good enough to get onto the bench for match days?

Yes, I know Malik has been playing better but Kilkenny best game will always be better then Maliks best game. Period.

To think also we could have paired Kilkenny with now a fit bratten? Imagine what that partnership would have been like!

I hope Malik continues his current level of performance, and that this loss isn't felt that hard. But Malik has yet to prove to me at his short time here that he can consistently perform at this level.

What a fuck up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

This whole situation with him is has been a complete fuck up from the club and wazza.

Here we have arguably our best player from last season, suddenly now not even good enough to get onto the bench for match days?

Yes, I know Malik has been playing better but Kilkenny best game will always be better then Maliks best game. Period.

To think also we could have paired Kilkenny with now a fit bratten? Imagine what that partnership would have been like!

I hope Malik continues his current level of performance, and that this loss isn't felt that hard. But Malik has yet to prove to me at his short time here that he can consistently perform at this level.

What a fuck up

I am a huge Killa fan, but the issue with pairing Brattan and Killa is that they both tend to occupy the same space rendering one less useful (I think this was part of the problem with Brattan dropping off a fair bit last season once Killa moved out of the CB/CDM role).

It could be that Wazza rates Bratten better as the deep lying playmaker and feels that the other CM should be an ouright defensive mid.

I will be sad to see him go, but if he isn't in Wazza's plans then we need to get rid of him ASAP to free up cap space.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, malloy said:

I am a huge Killa fan, but the issue with pairing Brattan and Killa is that they both tend to occupy the same space rendering one less useful (I think this was part of the problem with Brattan dropping off a fair bit last season once Killa moved out of the CB/CDM role).

It could be that Wazza rates Bratten better as the deep lying playmaker and feels that the other CM should be an ouright defensive mid.

I will be sad to see him go, but if he isn't in Wazza's plans then we need to get rid of him ASAP to free up cap space.

Budders under, roos marquee, win grand final