Melbourne Football

Melbourne City v Port Melbourne Wednesday 20th July 2016 @ 7pm

n i k o

1 hour ago, M13 said:

Not much to complain about.. But no doubt people will ;)

Agree. Pretty much standard stuff for the first run of the season. Defensively we didn't have a great deal to do as we controlled most of the possession and they couldn't often get forward. Malik could have had a yellow for one tackle (probably would in a League match) but he and Chapman combined well and I don't see what the criticism is of the latter. Muscat and Clisby looked OK as backs; Franjic won't have it all his own way as a starter. Brattan was pulling the strings for the first 30 minutes or so but quietened down after that. We struggled a bit to find rhythm up front, especially Fitzy who didn't look comfortable on the LW. Nothing special from Caceres and Retre.
It was hard to work out what was going on in the second half with so many changes with about 25 to go. (Don't they have a PA system at the ground?) Kilkenny looked a little bit overweight, but he was pulling the strings and always looking for the long ball for the wingers to run on to. Looks the goods to me. The surprise for me was that Melling was held back until very late and looked a bit out of sorts; Kilkenny was giving him plenty on one occasion.
Overall nothing to worry about for a first run, especially with (I would think) 2-4 starting players still to arrive.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dylan said:

How did Arzani look?

I didn't think he stood out particularly, but that's not to be construed as a criticism. As Valkanis says in the interview, all the subs who came on in the second half more or less carried on where the seniors left off, so it's hard to say that any of the young lads stood out from the rest. Kilkenny was really the driving force of the half. As mentioned previously I thought Jacob Melling looked a little out of sorts and didn't make the impression I thought he should.

8 minutes ago, Cityscape said:

Just quietly, how good is our PR team this year? Serious positive uplift in video content.

Lets see if its at this level in 8 weeks. Last year was similar started off reasonable then turned into a dribble and almost non existent. But yes credit to them at the moment it is good.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

But it's not across the board. "City Voice" is a disaster area IMO.

Your telling me JW  re the game at Port Melbourne. Just in case somebody from the club reads this,the club sent only one E Ticket and none for Mrs Johnno and that did not go down well indoors i politely told them to lift their game on City Voice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

Your telling me JW  re the game at Port Melbourne. Just in case somebody from the club reads this,the club sent only one E Ticket and none for Mrs Johnno and that did not go down well indoors i politely told them to lift their game on City Voice

I liked your rant on City Voice. Just so as well.

Their commitment to CV over the last 2-3 months has been quite pathetic. 

Edited by n i k o

37 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Strangely enough i have had a reply from Rachel at the club to inform me that they have rectified the problem and we now have both our tickets for tomorrow night.

So thank you Rachel well done.

Good news Johnno. Well done to you for following it up, and to Rachel for fixing the issue.