Melbourne Football

Fernando Brandán

Andrew Edmonds

6 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

To me the big difference between the 2 is already you can see that Brandan wants to win every game, rather than playing based on how he felt when he got out of bed.

Reminds a bit of Messi vs Ronaldo (on a much lower level), Novillo can hit a long shot, has the physically and skill etc. but cares more about himself and social media. Whereas Brandan is the much smaller less built player with a shit haircut who has good technical and dribbling ability. Both decent players but with their own strengths and weaknesses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

great goal the other night, but he is going to cost us free kicks and penalties due to his theatrics, refs  will unfortunately second guess if it's really a foul or simulation,

And a defender is going to give him a real kicking that could end up being a serious injury,

back when I played, if a player was giving Oscar winning performances, you'd have a quiet word, saying " Next time you go near the ball I'll make sure you'll really be  rolling  around on the ground"

• Like 3

On 11/12/2016 at 1:45 PM, japiedog said:

great goal the other night, but he is going to cost us free kicks and penalties due to his theatrics, refs  will unfortunately second guess if it's really a foul or simulation,

And a defender is going to give him a real kicking that could end up being a serious injury,

back when I played, if a player was giving Oscar winning performances, you'd have a quiet word, saying " Next time you go near the ball I'll make sure you'll really be  rolling  around on the ground"

Refs have already basically stopped giving the bloke free kicks already. They just assume it's another dive. 

Its a pity because he'd be close to the best player in the league if he just stopped this shit.

• Like 2

Love this guy ,,, cant wait for him to smash em in the derby

I reckon he lives by 'the Way of the Warrior' ...

"When living your life

Like an arrow in flight

You must always accept that

The end is in sight,

Be grateful at least for the fact

That you knew you came to death -

He did not come for you."

Sabbat - The Best Of Enemies (wulf's Tale)

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Am i watching it wrong or something cause most are saying Brandan started it all, but I've watch the replay over and over and see Djulbic first kick out on the way down and then Brandan retaliates and then Djulbic goes in with the knee.   

There's a lot of anti-City sentiment.  We're becoming the team others love to hate.

Djulbic started it, no doubt about it.

But what about the earlier tackle in the corner area in the first half where he slid in two-footed and had no other intent than to bring our player down?  Why is that not a send off?

• Like 2

Just now, Kiro Kompiro said:

There's a lot of anti-City sentiment.  We're becoming the team others love to hate.

Djulbic started it, no doubt about it.

But what about the earlier tackle in the corner area in the first half where he slid in two-footed and had no other intent than to bring our player down?  Why is that not a send off?

OMFG that was the clearest penalty shout out of the lot IMO and a shout for a red was just as clear.

Was going ballistic when that wasnt given anything and hasnt even been given a mention what so ever. 

31 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

I'm never going to  condone any City player reacting to a kick in the shin as if he was laid out by a punch in the face. It's South American theatrical bullshit.

I'll check your reactions next time  Victory beat us with an undeserved shameless dive penalty

Let's not get into that argument again. All up the match vs. Perth was a complete disaster in every respect, and everything that's wrong with City this season was on display. I for one am just trying to move on in the hope that we can salvage some respect from the remainder of the season, one that started so well.

19 hours ago, playmaker said:

He sacrificed himself for the team and thought he had won the game for us. Nothing wrong with his antics.

Really? I love Brandan's football but I am disgusted that whatever foul he may have incurred to then:

1. React as though there was a hit to the face (which there wasn't) and

2. To lash out with your boots

Is unacceptable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

Really? I love Brandan's football but I am disgusted that whatever foul he may have incurred to then:

Is unacceptable.

I actually don't mind Nando's theatrics. It draws attention to the fact he is getting a lot of unfair tackles out there on the field.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjake1234 said:

Is unacceptable.

A perfect team player that made the ultimate sacrifice.

A 'do whatever you can for the benefit of the team' type attitude is what wins you games, and the polar opposite of the selfish c#nt Harry that poisoned the team and cost us a final last season.

Brandan is my hero.

:D

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Am I the only one who saw Djubic clutter his elbow / arm into Brandan's face during the immediate lead up to the scuffle? Contact was minimal but imo contact is contact - the fact he rolls around after doesn't change anything.

I find the whole debate a little irritating. In part because Brandan's actions are taking away from other issues in the game (ie how Warren stayed on after his deliberate handball for the second pen) and the actions are now negatively influencing how refs adjudicating our games (of which Brandan does need to take responsibility).

More than anything though, thugs like Warren, Djubic, Valeri, Broxham (to name a few) can go around man handling others, commit blatant dirty fouls (ie body checks) that break up play and yet nothing is done nor is there any outrage.

And yet people complain about Brandan as if he is worse than when Muscat snaps a blokes leg.

Because people get brainwashed by the bullshit the clickbait media pumps out. The whole topic is bullshit and would hardly exist if we had competent refs that can administer the game properly and not get influenced by the external bullshit. 

You are spot on.