Melbourne Football

Fernando Brandán

Andrew Edmonds

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

care to copy and paste? I don't think I want to be associated with a group with such a lame name

hahahaha

I'll see what i can do , I'm no computer wiz

Admin · 18 hrs

Very sad news coming from a very close source who is a friend of mine within the club, has confirmed that Fernando won't be playing for Melbourne City nor will a contract be offered to him going forward, very sad news indeed......as a huge fan of Brandan, I would like to take this opportunity together and on behalf of all of the Melbourne City Supporters With Heart Face Book Group and it's members, his time with our club and the fantastic highlight reel he has provided for us fans since he has been with us, we love you Fernando Brandan 1f499.png💙1f4aa.png💪26bd.png All the best for the future where ever that is. We will miss that cheeky Argentine charisma, your speed, skillz and goals.... 1f614.png😔 1f1e6_1f1f7.png🇦🇷

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sport and outdoor

LikeShow More Reactions
Comment

lots of comments follow this ......

Anyone just listen to Wazza speak now?

On Brandan he said: 'progressing ahead of schedule, players at other clubs with similar injuries are taking longer.'

When pressed if he was part of his plans, he said he has to wait and see when he's fit. He also said that he's a great guy and great around the club but he's not showing yet that he can be at the standard where he was before the injury. 

Take from it what you will.

Just now, rass said:

On Brandan he said: 'progressing ahead of schedule, players at other clubs with similar injuries are taking longer.'

When pressed if he was part of his plans, he said he has to wait and see when he's fit. He also said that he's a great guy and great around the club but he's not showing yet that he can be at the standard where he was before the injury. 

Well old Wazza was full of lies in last weeks presser. So grain of salt etc etc

1 minute ago, rass said:

thanks..

I was trying to work out who the question was about...

very difficult to hear the questions 

7 minutes ago, rass said:

It means that if by the time Brandon is fully recovered the position is covered by other players with enough competition, Brandan can be omitted from the team.

50 minutes ago, rass said:

Absolutely... but i reckon you'd still call him a liar even if he said nothing at all 😊

even if he said nothing at all

I love that song "You say it best... when you say nothing at all "

I sing it to my wife.....

I don't think she understands my meaning of the words! :tooth:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just read that as confirmation that FB will be out for 12 months, as originally reported, which takes us to March 2018, meaning that he won't take the field for us this season. Given that his contract finishes on 31st May 2018, by which time he'll be 28, I'm not surprised that he won't be offered a new one.

It's very sad when a player's stay with a club ends in this way, but the A-League with it's caps on salaries and number of players just does not offer a way of retaining such players on the books (unless they take up coaching) and so long-term injury players get the chop. We've had a few - Corey Gameiro and Steve Kuzmanovski being similar to FB.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

@Dylan is suffering from what is known around the traps as Wazza Derangement Syndrome...

Last four weeks have been pretty good eh? Well you could say the last 6 weeks considering how lucky we were against Adelaide and Wellington

anywsy I’ll say all this and we will end up beating Newcastle with the same team as the first few rounds

Edited by Dylan

Warren Joyce alluded to a few issues in this presser: 

Although I can't hear the questions IMO his answers suggest that there will be some player movements in January, that Tongyik needs to work on his defensive play, and Brandan won't be considered until he gets back to where he was before his injury. I got the impression from his body language that he doesn't feel that the latter will occur.

Any other interpretations?

Jeez, surely the club can get a roving microphone?

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Warren Joyce alluded to a few issues in this presser: 

Although I can't hear the questions IMO his answers suggest that there will be some player movements in January, that Tongyik needs to work on his defensive play, and Brandan won't be considered until he gets back to where he was before his injury. I got the impression from his body language that he doesn't feel that the latter will occur.

Any other interpretations?

Jeez, surely the club can get a roving microphone?

True... I have to turn up the volume full to have any chance of hearing the question, then at the speed of light turn it down before I'm deafened by the answer 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Last four weeks have been pretty good eh? Well you could say the last 6 weeks considering how lucky we were against Adelaide and Wellington

anywsy I’ll say all this and we will end up beating Newcastle with the same team as the first few rounds

Haha im not defending him per se, more just noting that you've been trying to blame every little thing that goes wrong on him, basically prior to even having the evidence or even rationale to support it. You've essentially had the negative version of rose coloured glasses on since the FFA Cup game, attributing anything good that happens to luck and anything bad to fault. 

I'm not sold on him just yet, nor am i sold against him. Ive seen plenty i like, a few things i dont. Time will tell.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Am I the only one pissed off we didn’t bring in an injury replacement for Brandan. I mean there was no way he was going to be firing on all 8 cyclinders before 2018.

Disappointing list management 

'Money money money, must be funny, in a rich man's world'