Yeah we're getting him too.

And Iniesta and Zlatan on loan

haz    2,081
4 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

which , Nico or the brother ?

Both

Yants    47

A-LEAGUE’S CHEEKY VILLAIN TURNS HONDURAS ROOS INFORMER

IN his first season in Australia, Fernando Brandan established himself as an A-League villain. Now, he’s teaching Honduras about Tim Cahill and Australian football.

The Melbourne City forward, who is currently recovering from a knee reconstruction, spoke to Honduras news site El Diez about playing in the A-League and his experience in Australia.

Brandan said while Australia wasn’t a “fast” team, the likes of Aaron Mooy, Mark Milligan and Cahill were important players in terms of distributing the ball.

“Australia is very much in control of the ball — it’s not a fast team but it has great players,” Brandan said in the interview.

“One is Aaron Mooy, he is a different player — he is very interesting because he distributes well. He and (Mark) Milligan are the best in the midfield.

“The speed and explosiveness does not stand out here, they are more about keeping the ball.

“They have Tim Cahill who is a player with great experience.”

Based off those comments, Brandan said he expected Honduras’ speed and power to give the Australians some trouble.

“The matches that I have seen here when they have played against teams like Thailand that are very fast caused problems for Australia,” he said.

“From what I’ve seen, the speed can complicate them a bit because they focus on (holding).”

When discussing his Melbourne City teammate Cahill, Brandan was full of praise for the Australian’s professionalism and desire to win.

“I have not met many players who have that passion, always want to win and have a lot of presence on the pitch — (he) has smart moves, holds the ball very well,” he said.

As for who Brandan wanted to see win the qualifier? He elected to reserve his answer.

Smart move.

n i k o    4,915

They play in gold and green, they have a guy who's scores some goals with his head pretty well.

Informant Status. 

• Like 5

MXG    22

Disgusting. If anything he actually promoted AU football. Told that it's actually a quality. All those recent attacks on the City (terrible piece of dirt from the fAkeBC as another example) are just an attempt to keep rolling interest in Victory - FFA biggest crowd cash cow.

Shahanga    3,616
58 minutes ago, japiedog said:

WTF is up with Oscar ????

Surely he has to be close to being in the squad ?

He isn't listed as injured when match day squads are announced, which is strange. 

For what it's worth though I was never expecting him back before the Christmas Derby.

jw1739    7,092
1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

Once the juniors start playing can he have a run in there games ?

IIRC up to four over-aged players, including the GK, can be fielded in a National Youth League team. I would expect to see both Fernando and Bruno make their way back into the senior match-day squad via the NYL.

We have a great NYL squad this season. The boys kick off this Saturday at the City Football Academy at 3.30 p.m.
https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/palatsides-youth-ready-defend-their-title

• Thanks 1

Hellenic Hero    207
4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

He isn't listed as injured when match day squads are announced, which is strange. 

For what it's worth though I was never expecting him back before the Christmas Derby.

Seems as though he's training fully but he hasn't fully recovered his touch then

haz    2,081
6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC up to four over-aged players, including the GK, can be fielded in a National Youth League team. I would expect to see both Fernando and Bruno make their way back into the senior match-day squad via the NYL.

Going to be some horse heads in bed if a 16 year old re-injures Bruno or Fernando

• Like 1