Melbourne Football

Fernando Brandán

Andrew Edmonds

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

I feel like there's an imminent fight between @playmaker (Pro Activist for Wazza) and @Dylan (Anti Wazza Movement) on the merits of Wazza....

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Its probably a bit of an unfair fight as its a lot easier for me to claim failure and therefore victory 

No fight needed.

Believe me, if Wazza doesn't implement his plan and we fail again, I will be asking Dylan for some counselling.

Edited by playmaker

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Am I the only one pissed off we didn’t bring in an injury replacement for Brandan. I mean there was no way he was going to be firing on all 8 cyclinders before 2018.

Disappointing list management 

No, you're not. The decision not to do so is IMO far worse than disappointing. It makes no sense whatsoever to have a visa player out for 12 months and not bring in a replacement. If you're going to do that, why did you sign the original player in the first place? 

It's precisely that sort of decision that makes me wonder whether some people in CFG have any idea of what they're doing.

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

No, you're not. The decision not to do so is IMO far worse than disappointing. It makes no sense whatsoever to have a visa player out for 12 months and not bring in a replacement. If you're going to do that, why did you sign the original player in the first place? 

It's precisely that sort of decision that makes me wonder whether some people in CFG have any idea of what they're doing.

I would love Brandan back but maybe theres something to it. 

2 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

Even if he's fit, it's pretty much obvious that Wazza is trying to make a room for his hand pick Ross.

Even if that's true, it's understandable. Brandan was an exciting player for us, no doubt, no question, and had he not had this training injury he still would be. Joyce will be aware of his history however - which wasn't without controversy - and if he's going to be our manager going forward, then if he feels more comfortable with a different type of player then it makes sense for him to sign that type of player rather than re-sign Brandan.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

In a Facebook group someone close with Fernando has said he's going back to Argentina this week (Wednesday), so maybe expect an announcement by the club this week.

He may just be going home for Christmas, but yes, it could be a lot more. If he is going, we'll miss him and he leaves some fabulous memories. And taking the positive, we have some very promising wide players coming through the youth ranks.

• Like 2

I really hope this comes back and bites us in the ass. Something along the lines of. We give fat forward a contract for the rest of the season. He realises he has it sweet and decides he cant get out his gate again or says he is injured (probably because his knees couldnt handle the weight) 

Edited by Dylan

11 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I look forward to the reasonable debate on this thread. TBF was really good start of last season, had a chronic case of the post cup hangover and got injured. Goodbye Fernando, Fernando Goodbye.

Something like..... this departure has Falklands War written all over it? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I look forward to the reasonable debate on this thread. TBF was really good start of last season, had a chronic case of the post cup hangover and got injured. Goodbye Fernando, Fernando Goodbye.

Something to that fortress. Great player to watch, sometimes though a luxury, not always end product to the flair.  Difficult, because football is about entertainment too. We don't know whether he was able to get full fitness back, so that may be an issue. Will all now depend on who comes in for January.

This has been telegraphed for weeks so it's no surprise.

So he was on loan after all. He's a good player and an entertaining player, but IMO people are getting a bit carried away. His on-field antics caused a bit of trouble for the club, and also dragged Bruno into a controversy about diving and going down too easily. Once he was injured last March - apparently in a training accident with Sorensen - it was pretty obvious that his contract would not be renewed once it expired in May 2018. So him leaving now is the sensible move, allowing a replacement to join us for the second half of this season. It just isn't sensible to carry injured players in the A-League because of the numbers cap - even if the club is wealthy enough to afford to do so. This is the harsh reality of our league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thrillhouse said:

fucking pissed, club handling things horribly again
basically wasted a visa spot and communication from the club piss poor again, if anything should be moving budz on 

goodbye sexy mullet 

r__NHM.mp4

There's still time for both Budski and Kilkenny. If the rumours are true, then Killa will be announced before too long.

1 minute ago, CityWildcat said:

He did play his heart out for the shirt.  OK the Cup speech expletive was rather knowingly done,  but I'm kinda sad he's gone.  If we can import Bud and sit him on the bench, we can see him through an injury, surely.  

I think the expletive was Bruno, not Brandan 

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

So he was on loan after all. He's a good player and an entertaining player, but IMO people are getting a bit carried away. His on-field antics caused a bit of trouble for the club, and also dragged Bruno into a controversy about diving and going down too easily. Once he was injured last March - apparently in a training accident with Sorensen - it was pretty obvious that his contract would not be renewed once it expired in May 2018. So him leaving now is the sensible move, allowing a replacement to join us for the second half of this season. It just isn't sensible to carry injured players in the A-League because of the numbers cap - even if the club is wealthy enough to afford to do so. This is the harsh reality of our league.

If, as the City management say, he wasn't going to get back to the level he was at before his injury, then I don't have a problem with terminating the loan if it was by mutual consent. It looks like we are clearing some salary cap space for an expensive signing. I don't mind as long as its an effective signing. 

His diving was a problem for us, he was effective but not at Novillo level. An effective forward signing also takes the pressure off Bruno to rush back, I'd be happy to play Arzani in the meantime

26 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

If, as the City management say, he wasn't going to get back to the level he was at before his injury, then I don't have a problem with terminating the loan if it was by mutual consent. It looks like we are clearing some salary cap space for an expensive signing. I don't mind as long as its an effective signing. 

His diving was a problem for us, he was effective but not at Novillo level. An effective forward signing also takes the pressure off Bruno to rush back, I'd be happy to play Arzani in the meantime

Imagine a Novillo level player (minus the abuse) coming in as a replacement :wub: . TBH Ross hasnt sold me yet, for a regular VISA he would get a solid B from me, but for his history and pedigree I have seen NPL players finish better then him (although his set pieces are class!).

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Any more info on that apparent accident with Sorenson? Always curious what happened..