Melbourne Football

Fernando Brandán

Andrew Edmonds

8 minutes ago, Chris p said:

Being out for at least 12 months after an acl is just common knowledge 

Pretty sure someone mentioned on here that he was on the training pitch running a few weeks ago, and might be back sooner. It might be all in the Brandan thread but pretty sure he's healing faster than normal or the injury wasnt as bad as first thought then again he might have done LARS aswell.

22 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Pretty sure someone mentioned on here that he was on the training pitch running a few weeks ago, and might be back sooner. It might be all in the Brandan thread but pretty sure he's healing faster than normal or the injury wasnt as bad as first thought then again he might have done LARS aswell.

Definitely wasn't a full ACL. Saw Brandan at a training session with a slight limp, running around and kicking the ball training on his own with a trainer. Not close to first team training, but with over 2 months of pre season left, definitely should only miss a handful of rounds if that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

You can run a day after you get your ACL torn, it's change in direction that they need to keep track of. All that he's doing now is part of re-strengthening the muscles around the ankle and increasing ankle mobility, which can be done at any speed (obviously depending on severity of tear, in Brandan's case, it being mild) either moving forward or back or even standing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

I spoke to him 2 weeks ago.. he said he is about 2 months away... SO I expect him missing the first 3-4 rounds then gradually making his way back into the team

That sounds best case scenario which is very promising. Also missing so much soccer will leave him very vulnerable to soft tissue injuries. I can't see him being much chop until mid season maybe round 10 or so. 

Problem also could be that when he is ready to start playing the NPL side might be finished. 

• Like 1

On 27/07/2017 at 10:05 PM, Andrew Edmonds said:

Asked Brandan when he'll be back and he said he'll be ready for the start of the season

I run into him fairly often and his English is about a negative 7 out of 10. I hope he actually understood what you asked him.

• Like 2

Just now, japiedog said:

ok enlighten me, I'm all for learning, even at an advanced age

Basically, semantics is to do with the meaning of words. 

The difference between hola/ola and hello/hullo/hallo is more orthographical, and has more to do with spelling than grammar (although there could be a bit of a phonological difference between a couple).Either way, the meaning doesn't change from variation to variation and so the semantics of each is the same.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Basically, semantics is to do with the meaning of words. 

The difference between hola/ola and hello/hullo/hallo is more orthographical, and has more to do with spelling than grammar (although there could be a bit of a phonological difference between a couple).Either way, the meaning doesn't change from variation to variation and so the semantics of each is the same.

thanks..

see an old dogs can learn new tricks

• 2 weeks later...

The season-opening clash against Brisbane at AAMI Park on October 6 would be seven months post injury, but the 27-year-old is back running and recovering well.

A Round 1 return is seen as a best-case scenario, but the club’s medical staff is confident Brandan will feature early in the season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-city-on-the-verge-of-bulking-up-its-foreign-quota-with-european-stars/news-story/f48b34d28cc14d171053d5a7684d5c7e

5 minutes ago, haz said:

From the video that City posted of "Cahill Slow-mo", You can see Brandan doing ball work with the whole team. Passing, running etc.

I've been hearing that they're pretty confident he'll be ready to go very early in the season, if not round 1 then maybe 2 or 3.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Embee said:

I've been hearing that they're pretty confident he'll be ready to go very early in the season, if not round 1 then maybe 2 or 3.

I'd love to know how bad his injury was. Never seemed to be a full ACL tear... Or maybe his body is fucked from all the ice and it repairs quicker?

Just now, bt50 said:

Good news. Hows the UAE?

Great. Just got back from a pre season in Germany and Spain. Played against some of La Liga's and Bundesliga's best and was praised for my qualities as a footballer by the likes of Luis Suarez, Messi, Cristiano, Roben, etc,etc.

They really know their football in Europe and the middle east. They love ball players, technic, skills instead of big, physical headless chook players. I'm happy and can't wait till the local league, ACL and Arab Gulf Cup starts. Lots of great football.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DAM10 said:

Great. Just got back from a pre season in Germany and Spain. Played against some of La Liga's and Bundesliga's best and was praised for my qualities as a footballer by the likes of Luis Suarez, Messi, Cristiano, Roben, etc,etc.

They really know their football in Europe and the middle east. They love ball players, technic, skills instead of big, physical headless chook players. I'm happy and can't wait till the local league, ACL and Arab Gulf Cup starts. Lots of great football.

Sweet. Don't be afraid to pop your head in from time to time and let us know how you're going.