Melbourne Football

Fernando Brandán

Andrew Edmonds

21 minutes ago, japiedog said:

If I'm not mistaken Calazzo has been in Argentina all his life too

Haven't heard a mention about him and any "theatrics"

Look the guy knows how to play and offers so much, but when you are rolling around on the floor appealing to the referee, while the player who dispossessed you  is setting up a goal for the opposition, you aren't putting the team first.

Obviously not saying every Argentinian player is like that but rather its apart of their culture and some take longer than others to change

6 hours ago, japiedog said:

If I'm not mistaken Calazzo has been in Argentina all his life too

Haven't heard a mention about him and any "theatrics"

Look the guy knows how to play and offers so much, but when you are rolling around on the floor appealing to the referee, while the player who dispossessed you  is setting up a goal for the opposition, you aren't putting the team first.

I would imagine by now (Wednesday) he will have probably been told and seen the video so maybe we might see some improvement in that situation. Fingers crossed !!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the refs have over-corrected with Brandan. He's got absolutely nothing from them since that Perth game just after Christmas, even when he's being fouled, clear as day.

On 11/12/2016 at 1:45 PM, japiedog said:

great goal the other night, but he is going to cost us free kicks and penalties due to his theatrics, refs  will unfortunately second guess if it's really a foul or simulation,

And a defender is going to give him a real kicking that could end up being a serious injury,

back when I played, if a player was giving Oscar winning performances, you'd have a quiet word, saying " Next time you go near the ball I'll make sure you'll really be  rolling  around on the ground"

Called it. Green line.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

How'd it happen ffs. Did he do it running away from the copppers after a drug deal? 

What a disaster 

Yeah he was sorting out some Coke with Jimmy from Sunnyvale in the local KFC carpark. Shit hit the fan when Jimmys junkie mates came out from the alleyway with knives and bottles ready to roll him for the dosh and Coke. Fernando hit the legs but as he was turning the corner the coppa dogs were there and he shat himself and as he turned on his left leg he's done his ACL. The junkies caught up, rolled him, bashed the cops and proceeded to snort the Coke down at Shazzas place. Unlucky Fernando

• Like 1

Club statement is pretty uninformative:

"Melbourne City FC forward Fernando Brandan has suffered an injury to his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during training, and will now undergo a rehabilitation program.

The Club wishes Fernando the best in his recovery."

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

"Melbourne City FC forward Fernando Brandan has suffered an injury to his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during training, and will now undergo a rehabilitation program.

Between the lines: Torn ACL

Rehab for a year

Good luck in NPL next season

laters

35 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

How long for did he sign with us?

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The latest news reports are not good. The best we can hope for is a return perhaps towards the tail-end of 2017-18. I reckon he's played his last match for us.

Don't you believe it.

will come off the bench and score the winner in the Christmas derby next year 

#believe

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The latest news reports are not good. The best we can hope for is a return perhaps towards the tail-end of 2017-18. I reckon he's played his last match for us.

I fear you may be right.  And he's occupying a visa slot so there may be issues with CFG being willing to pay for an injury replacement.  With Colazo likely on his way out too we are suddenly light on the left come next season.

52 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I fear you may be right.  And he's occupying a visa slot so there may be issues with CFG being willing to pay for an injury replacement.  With Colazo likely on his way out too we are suddenly light on the left come next season.

Not sure how the payments work when a player is deemed to have a long-term injury - as in this case. I would have thought that there would be at least part-payment of wages coming from whoever we take insurance with. Quite how it all works though I don't know. We're going to pay Cahill something like $2.5m less next season, so I can't really see CFG drawing a line through an injury replacement for Fernando.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Not sure how the payments work when a player is deemed to have a long-term injury - as in this case. I would have thought that there would be at least part-payment of wages coming from whoever we take insurance with. Quite how it all works though I don't know. We're going to pay Cahill something like $2.5m less next season, so I can't really see CFG drawing a line through an injury replacement for Fernando.

The player payments are made by the player injury insurance and the financial burden is not carried by the franchise. Remember Scott Munn was so relieved that he'd signed Engelaar's insurance the day before his leg was broken