Melbourne Football

Fernando Brandán

Andrew Edmonds

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Your problem is that you can't be a believer if you keep asking "why?" and "how"? all the time.

Indeed, this is the same problem for all of us.

Because the powers at be like to think of themselves as gods and we are just the idiot followers of the cult. Don't get me started, the whole management culture just smells like crap. Soulless and insipid.

It's like oh you were sent off, spend the next tucking (got to love autocorrect) month in purgatory. Hello, just fine him and move on.Its not like we are playing particularly well without him. 

Opposition fullbacks must be breathing a sigh of relief when they see him name on the bench.

You are right @jw1739, I need to go have a nice cool iced sky blue cocktail, bathe in some sky blue bath shit in some locked  big room with sky blue walls and sky blue lights and listen to a loop recording of "CFG is good" "we are in a good place" "sky blue is actually city blue and you love it" "we are playing how we want" "It is a smart move to put 2 of the best players in the league on the bench" "you will renew your membership next year" 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, japiedog said:

I know I've made my points on his acting, but seriously, you don't leave a visa player of his quality on the bench

madness

That acting caper, you don't drop him,  you speak to him. Honestly it's not that fucking hard.

The guy is super competitive, in fact "a winner" you need him on the pitch. 

Ive got to the point that I suspect there is something "off the field" going on that we don't know about.

44 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

I love this little guy, when you break it down he is the only one who when he gets the ball  wants to run at the opposition defence and it scares the shit out of them. maybe we should get a couple more like him.

And for that he gets on the bench???

This club.

• Like 2

On 05/02/2017 at 1:25 AM, Torn Asunder said:

Looked like he was fouled to me, if Rojas went down he would have got a free kick. Should have been awarded a penalty tonight and was routinely butchered (like Bruno was as well) by the tards with very little protection 

All that might be true but as a pro he needed to get up and chase Rojas. Really disappointing to see him sitting sulking on the ground whilst they mount a (successful) attack.

• Like 2

I've been in Brandan's corner for the most part, but the antics occurring during a stoppage and whilst play is ongoing are two completely separate arguments as far as I'm concerned. When play is ongoing you're only hurting your team by rolling around and trying to milk a challenge, if you don't hear a whistle get back up. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Has been in Argentina all his life where this type of thing is part of the game. Would be the same situation if one of you went over there and straight away started complaining about the diving. They would laugh at you.

If I'm not mistaken Calazzo has been in Argentina all his life too

Haven't heard a mention about him and any "theatrics"

Look the guy knows how to play and offers so much, but when you are rolling around on the floor appealing to the referee, while the player who dispossessed you  is setting up a goal for the opposition, you aren't putting the team first.

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 3