Melbourne Football

Fernando Brandán

Andrew Edmonds

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

You'll notice I don't like to talk much shit in here. Should be enough that I say it is and you should believe me :up: 

Yeah well I posted photos of the new training centre and still there were people suggesting it was somewhere else in Melbourne.............(I must need counselling, either that or have the bloody off season end)

19 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Confirmed. Just spoke to him. Took this earlier , shit quality photo though  O1j0NTi.jpg

He speak English or do you speak Spanish (in which case you might not know that he speaks English), or perhaps both of you speak a common third language like say Esperanto)?

Edited by Shahanga

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Yeah well I posted photos of the new training centre and still there were people suggesting it was somewhere else in Melbourne.............(I must need counselling, either that or have the bloody off season end)

He speak English or do you speak Spanish (in which case you might not know that he speaks English), or perhaps both of you speak a common third language like say Esperanto)?

I spoke all of 5 words to him. I think he understood 2 of them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

He's a tiny bugger. Him and mifsud jumping for a header would be something to be seen. 

Did I read somewhere that one of his nicknames is "tiny"?

So far we have what we might call a "diminutive" forward line - quite noticeable last night.

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Did I read somewhere that one of his nicknames is "tiny"?

So far we have what we might call a "diminutive" forward line - quite noticeable last night.

I'll take their core strength and balance on the ball any day. Especially if it's complemented by Cahill, who can jump higher than just about anyone.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, silva10 said:

If Brandan is the replacement for Mooy, does that mean he will be our Marquee player?

surely not, he's got a playing pedigree that's of a similar ilk to Novillo.

if he's a marquee I'm going to be really disappointed.

Melbourne City deal for Fernando Brandan imminent

BEN EFRAT

Follow @benief

JULY 21, 2016

After weeks of rumours, Argentinian playmaker Fernando Brandan finally looks set to sign for Melbourne City.

The diminutive midfielder was spotted in attendance at Melbourne City’s pre season friendly against Port Melbourne Sharks on Wednesday night at JL Murphy Reserve.

Brandan helped guide his last club Atletico Temperley in ascension to the Argentine Premier Division but had recently been unable to consolidate himself as a starter in the first team

The 26-year-old looked on as his new side bullied their lower league opponents 5-0, with Uruguayan Bruno Fornaroli scoring two goals in just a half of football.

Melbourne City have been working tirelessly in the transfer market signing Neil Kilkenny and Luke Brattan to consolidate their midfield following the departure of star player Aaron Mooy to Huddersfield town via Manchester City.

Brandan, who prior to joining Atletico Temperley, played for lower league sides Rivadavia and Racing de Olavarria, will look to compliment this midfield strength and contribute to what is looking to be a strong season ahead for Melbourne City.

City fans will take heed from Bruno Fornaroli’s success last season and hope that their new South American signing can also make a substantial impact.

http://outside90.com/exclusive-melbourne-city-deal-for-fernando-brandon-imminent/

4 hours ago, haz said:

If he really is here then he hasn't come all this way to decide whether or not to sign a piece of paper. He will have followed the Fornaroli/Kilkenny route - i.e. via CFA Manchester and done all the necessary formalities there. If he's here he's here to play.

I've learned from the past two years that CFG really can keep a lid on things, and I prefer to wait for the formal announcement from City before assuming anything. Same with Cahill, same with this mystery "big name."

11 minutes ago, rass said:

He's definitely here. Training with the team today, looks sharp. Can't make out the number but wearing the fluoro green/yellow/orange Nikes... 😊

Where are they training at the moment? That is are they still using the original fields or are they back at the new facilities. I hope you know what I'm getting at.

7 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Where are they training at the moment? That is are they still using the original fields or are they back at the new facilities. I hope you know what I'm getting at.

Bottom grounds mate.... absolutely freezing!

Edited by rass

19 minutes ago, raw10 said:

I reckon he will be bring our intensity to another level, which was lacking last season. But you can make your own judgement here :

Already know he's going to star. Those baggy shorts are 100x better than the nappies Novillio used to wear pre-game.

pleaaaaase. people already thinking this: 

BRANDAN_FERNANDO-270x300.png

will have more of an influence than this:

221691_18_1.jpg

lmao. genetically speaking novillo trumps mifsud 2.0. as a defender myself, the last thing i want to face is a fast black man with a large cock. 

will flop. you heard it here first

• Like 1