Melbourne Football

Fernando Brandán

Andrew Edmonds

Temperley to Australia

published 07/05/2016

Fernando Brandan Gasoleros left the preseason in Tandil and traveled to Buenos Aires to begin the process of transfer to the Melbourne City.

While the roster Temperley continues its preseason in Tandil, Fernando Brandan left the concentration and undertook trip to Buenos Aires, where negotiated with the City of Melbourne Australia a contract on loan for one year.

Mendoza, 26, who played 13 games last semester, and took part in the promotion of Gasoleros the National B and First Divisionwill have their first experience abroad.

The Melbourne Cirty plays in the A-League (first division of the Australian football), and became a subsidiary of Manchester City in 2014 . Last season he finished in fourth place in the standings, and lost in thesemifinals of the playoffs .

So far, the leading squad joined Mayor Carlos Lucas Mancinelli, Daniel Gonzalez and Javier Fernandez, and would be close to formalize the Uruguayan Rodrigo Viega, for the next championship.

http://www.ole.com.ar/temperley/Temperley-Australia_0_1607839421.html [Google Translate]

Google Translate:

#TEMPERLEY | Fernando Brandan travel to Bs.As to begin the process of transfer to Australian football.

Google Translate:

#Temperley Magic moved to Australia. Fernando Brandan will loan to Melbourne City.Expand.

20 minutes ago, haz said:

On video alone, he's quick, direct and has a cracking shot. 

Can see a nice partnership forming with Bruno if he can actually pass it to him. 

Surely wouldn't take up marquee though...

Edited by rass

48 minutes ago, Dylan said:

It's the 26yr old one. Looks like this is the Mooy replacement

more of a Novillo replacement I'd have thought, pacy af with some good tekkers and a decent shot. 

Nice to see the club is looking outside of the box again.

• Like 6

There was something in the air that night..

Looks a decent signing- quick, good technique, and super passionate by the vid.   We know how our last random South American turned out, so a bit exciting really. 

Don't think he would be the marquee either which is also great. 

Edited by tommac

1 hour ago, rass said:

Surely wouldn't take up marquee though...

Could be, and he would be a good marquee.

But might be a high paid salary cap player since he is South American and $350k probably sounds like a lot of money to him until he gets here and sees the high cost of living :lawl: 

Anyway, this guy will be the GOAT A-League player. Good work CFG overlords.

Edited by Tesla

4 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

On wiki he's 35... Someone prove me wrong please

Looks like that's a different player, if you follow the link on his wiki page at the bottom to the BDFA site that player hasnt played in a few years.

Whereas on Soccerway it shows him as a 26 year old.

Also the Spanish wikipedia, the one that would be edited by the club's fans, has the 26 year old.

So he is definitely 26.

This is him on Spanish wiki and it matches Soccerway https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Brandán

14 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Brandán

He's had more clubs than hot dinners but I won't let that put me off. He looks like he can do a job in the HAL. Has pace, gets stuck in and knows where the goals are so seems a more than handy replacement for Harry.

Welcome Fernando :clap:

9 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

On wiki he's 35... Someone prove me wrong please

There are two Argentinian players by the same name. This is the one we're getting: http://www.transfermarkt.com/fernando-brandan/profil/spieler/358014

52 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

Welcome to the club Fernando*

* warning: first prick in the Terrace to try starting up an ABBA chant cops a beer in the head from me

Tried to get this going for Orlando, never happened though 😢