Melbourne Football

2016/17 starting XI

strider

So we are 10 games into the season,  and I don't think we are any clearer on what our best formation is. We have done a 3-4-3, a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1 all with varying degrees of success.

I think most would be in a agreement that Bouzanis,  Franjic,  Jakobsen,  Colazo,  Kilkenny,  Brattan,  Cahill,  Fornaroli and Brandan all fit into our best team,  and then a combination of Malik,  Chapman,  Retre,  Tongyik, Muscat,  Rose,  Kamau and Fitzgerald to fit into other 2 spots. 

What formation would you go with? 

I still think that the best football we have played this season is with 3 at the back,  but how we fit all our attacking options into the team is tricky 

Cahill isn't in our best starting 11 for the regular season. But in the big games and for big moments off the bench he needs to be there.

Caceres is still underwhelming and i don't think our midfield has been that creative all year. 

Malik's cup final was his best game by far. We can only hope for more of that type of performance from him.

Muscat has been consistent and if he doesn't make the 11 he should be the first sub named.