Melbourne Football

Melbourne City kit change will mirror Manchester City’s blue

daniboi

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

My point is "Does it really matter where the inspiration came from?" We have IMO the best football club badge in the world, and the basics of it have been copied to the other two operating clubs in the stable - even the mother club itself.
Similarly with the red-and-white. The "Who did what, where, and to whom?" doesn't matter. What matters is that we currently have r&w as our change kit, and we should be ready to fight to keep it.
Otherwise, IMO it's time to move on as TA has so eloquently suggested.

I'm more just giving credit where it's due more than anything. I love our badge and I feel a sense of gratitude to YS for it. 

I'm 100% behind @Torn Asunder's comment though, I've expressed similar sentiment on here before just not so eloquently 

21 minutes ago, cadete said:

What are you talking about?

The Flag was raised prior to every second Heart Home Game by Yarraside for Four Years, I cant remember it ever being adopted by Bay 16 prior or during their #KeepMelbourneRedandWhite Campaign. 

The club instructed the players on the day to ignore the campaign (Which they did) and then immediately after put plans in for us to wear Sky Blue at Home and White/Sky Blue and Navy when playing Away. I dont know how CFG could have ignored the campaign more blatantly than by doing the above. 

It's ok, I'm not saying your wrong. Your comment ("The Logo came from the adoption of displaying the Large Melbourne Flag by Yarraside in Season 2") made me assume they were in support of using fans inspired flag from 4 seasons ago as the logo for the club.

I didn't know Yarraside continued to use this flag thereafter or that they chose the logo based on a picture, as @thisphantomfortress mentioned. 

.......So basically Yarraside had no intentional influence on the current badge (which by the sounds of it was a chance occurrence based on someone from City seeing the flag in a picture). And the Red and White campaign had no influence on our current away strip. 

Edited by n i k o
Posts merged

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

You can dwell on the he said / she said till your blue in the face, but this wont stop people being predictable and going back on their word.  As we stand now,  I think that people who were Heart supporters, still support the club.

Don't you mean red?

Unfortunately it's whatever shade that these so-called kit "designers" decide it is and you're lucky if it remains that shade for a whole season before it changes again.

The shade that I associated as "traditional" for Manchester City is this one: http://paragonauctionsite.com/1960-61-denis-law-10-manchester-city-match-worn-j-lot4412.aspx but when I go back through other images it seems that the colour varied more, and more frequently, than I thought it did. Whether these changes were real or a result of different image reproduction technologies I'm not sure.

Prefer the lighter shade myself, and hate the lilac tone that comes in from time to time, and hate the inclusion of dark blue.

17 hours ago, jw1739 said:

My point is "Does it really matter where the inspiration came from?" We have IMO the best football club badge in the world, and the basics of it have been copied to the other two operating clubs in the stable - even the mother club itself.
Similarly with the red-and-white. The "Who did what, where, and to whom?" doesn't matter. What matters is that we currently have r&w as our change kit, and we should be ready to fight to keep it.
Otherwise, IMO it's time to move on as TA has so eloquently suggested.

It doesn't matter how hard PPL fight CFG will do what they want... just like what they did the first time around.

The head of organisation is the son of an Absolute Monarch where every second advert on TV in their country amongst the footage of skyscrapers features of himself and his father driving in Tanks and firing Machine Guns... these guys will also do what they want and when they want.

• Like 1

My understanding is that the Sheikh is very hands off as the owner.  He and his closest advisers have set some specific high level objectives for CFG, (i.e., having a top 5 team in the world, champions league, trophies, not running at a loss, to continue to grow the game at grassroots, women's football, community investment, fan engagement, etc).  He then ensures he has world class business people running CFG, and if they don't deliver, they are moved on following a considered ongoing review process.  Financial diligence is applied every step of the way.  There is no doubt they will do what they need to do to get where they want (i.e. playing hard ball with FFA to get City Blue), but generally its more like 'slow and steady wins the race' as opposed to a 'bull in a china shop'.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

My understanding is that the Sheikh is very hands off as the owner.  He and his closest advisers have set some specific high level objectives for CFG, (i.e., having a top 5 team in the world, champions league, trophies, not running at a loss, to continue to grow the game at grassroots, women's football, community investment, fan engagement, etc).  He then ensures he has world class business people running CFG, and if they don't deliver, they are moved on following a considered ongoing review process.  Financial diligence is applied every step of the way.  There is no doubt they will do what they need to do to get where they want (i.e. playing hard ball with FFA to get City Blue), but generally its more like 'slow and steady wins the race' as opposed to a 'bull in a china shop'.  

Even all their racehorses' jockeys all around the world race in City Blue... and they won the most horses in the world with stables in several countries.

Maybe they will keep our current Away Kit but personally I am not going draw a connection between Melbourne City and Melbourne Heart because of this last minute token gesture. Melbourne City is a new club... hence the fact if they really wanted to show respect to Melbourne Heart then they might actually speak and mention Melbourne Heart's History which is something they make a fairly obvious effort to avoid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cadete said:

Even all their racehorses' jockeys all around the world race in City Blue... and they won the most horses in the world with stables in several countries.

Maybe they will keep our current Away Kit but personally I am not going draw a connection between Melbourne City and Melbourne Heart because of this last minute token gesture. Melbourne City is a new club... hence the fact if they really wanted to show respect to Melbourne Heart then they might actually speak and mention Melbourne Heart's History which is something they make a fairly obvious effort to avoid.

Yeah, a shame they fail to mention our Craig Foster Cup.

On 2016-07-05 at 3:24 AM, cadete said:

Sheikh Mansours stable race in Green and yellow.. You are thinking about the Emir of Dubai whose Godolphin stable race in light blue.

I doubt that's the kit:

1 - random sponsor. If they were wearing the actual Melbourne City kit, they'd use the Etihad sponsorship, but since they're not this is an off-shoot kit

2 - Melbourne City crest on the left, under the Nike symbol, not the right. This is clearly an adaptation

3 - doesn't look like a standard Nike template, especially given that particularly cheap-looking white collar. I'd like to bet that the new Melbourne City kit will be one of the standard Nike templates, like the one half a dozen countries were wearing at Euro 2016.

At a guess, it's either a training kit converted for Fawkner's use, or it's a cheap sky blue copycat that they managed to persuade Nike to make for the minimum fee.

Edited by Falastur

2 hours ago, haz said:

The darker blue is getting a bit to close to Navy for my liking

I really like that colour, it's still lighter than a royal blue so I'm not worrying about it even being close to a navy blue. We'll still wear a pure sky blue in home kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! New to the forums :D

Quick warning, I am a Melbourne City fan mainly because of the city football group and the conection to Manchester City. Having said that I have watched the last two seasons of the A-league and have really enjoyed them! (oh, I also understand that not all of you will like what the city football group have done to your club but hope you won't hate me to much.)

Anyway, I jumped on photoshop and put the Melbourne city badge on the new Manchester city kit. Obviously the kit will not look like this but would be cool to hear your thougts.

Melbourne CITY home kit mock up web.jpg

Edited by CityGroupFAN

2 minutes ago, CityGroupFAN said:

Hey guys! New to the forums :D

Quick warning, I am a Melbourne City fan mainly because of the city football group and the conection to Manchester City. Having said that I have watched the last two seasons of the A-league and have really enjoyed them! (oh, I also understand that not all of you will like what the city football group have done to your club but hope you won't hate me to much.)

Anyway, I jumped on photoshop and put the Melbourne city badge on the new Manchester city kit. Obviously the kit will not look like this but would be cool to hear your thougts.

Melbourne CITY home kit mock up web.jpg

Welcome to the forum. You want to hear honest thoughts? 

• Like 2